Sign in to follow this  
TwistedEndz

incoming Boat changes are a mess

Removed requirement to be on a boat to steal someone's boat after placing the claim flag. Adjusted base value times to claim the boats to be 1 one minute to steal a dinghy, 2hrs~ to steal a raft, a couple hours to steal sloop, and so forth (levelling a ship increases the time it takes to steal that ship).

so the Chinese get to have  take everyone's boats  wile the others are sleeping,what's the point to even make one? bad game mechanics...

• Like 2

Wait guys I got a great idea... lets make it take days to build a ship but only hours for someone to steal it!  Lets really punch our player base in the taint!  .  

• Haha 1

There based on a bad premise and the ladder of time is going in the wrong direction!

The smallest ships should take the longest amount of time to steal there worth the least value and are worth the most value to the new player the solo player the guy who is having a rough time of it and probably isn't taking part in pvp because of his luck or lack there of....

So a Raft should be 16 Hours atleast...

the sloop 8 Hours

the schooner 4 hours

the Brigantine 1 hours 

the galleon 30 Minutes

And dingy I don't care it should be use able by anyone who gets in it friend or foe...

^^^^ That ladder above puts the target on the people with the means and the resources to PvP.  Also the companys capable of fielding the bigger ships will have the manpower to guard them or atleast should...

4 hours ago, Sulfurblade said:

There based on a bad premise and the ladder of time is going in the wrong direction!

The smallest ships should take the longest amount of time to steal there worth the least value and are worth the most value to the new player the solo player the guy who is having a rough time of it and probably isn't taking part in pvp because of his luck or lack there of....

So a Raft should be 16 Hours atleast...

the sloop 8 Hours

the schooner 4 hours

the Brigantine 1 hours 

the galleon 30 Minutes

And dingy I don't care it should be use able by anyone who gets in it friend or foe...

^^^^ That ladder above puts the target on the people with the means and the resources to PvP.  Also the companys capable of fielding the bigger ships will have the manpower to guard them or atleast should...

I disagree... mostly

There are plenty of unmanned rafts at the islands. These changes allow the new players to get off their starting island with relative ease. If they have any friends on other islands, they will most certainly will be able to find a raft.

Allowing the boat that takes over 100 man hours to be stolen in 30 minutes? Doesn't that sound ludicrous to you? 

At first it sounds right... but once a new player isnt a new player anymore, this idea doesn't make much sense to me... Youre restricting a noob/solo's ability to get a ship

Lastly, raft beds are easily breakable, you dont need to steal their raft to end the new players "luck"

Less time for less value seems right to me.

I definitely understand the issue of losing your sloop in 2 hours... but you could try parking your boat close enough to your sleeping quarters to prevent a claim.

Edited by Hypa