Sign in to follow this  
zulamed

wha the F... is the new skill

what is the new skill  when we start the game we no leave the island . can you reload ths last talent tree with less point ? plz 

It was never intended to work as it did before. You're supposed to specialize.

6 minutes ago, Nari said:

Big yikes

11 minutes ago, Nari said:

This is the harshest talent tree I have ever seen, in any MMO or survival game. You cant even pick a combat and crafter line, you have to pick one or the other. even at level cap of 51 you cant fill out an entire late game tree.

10 minutes ago, Evir said:

This is the harshest talent tree I have ever seen, in any MMO or survival game. You cant even pick a combat and crafter line, you have to pick one or the other. even at level cap of 51 you cant fill out an entire late game tree.

It clearly still needs work but allowing you to reach end game Ships/Armor/Weapons/Structures by level 20 is just as ridiculous.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BumbleBumble said:

I can construct the biggest and strongest of galleons, but a bow? Nope, well beyond my ability. 

I do see the irony but that's just how MMO's work. Post made me laugh though.

3 minutes ago, Nari said:

It clearly still needs work but allowing you to reach end game Ships/Armor/Weapons/Structures by level 20 is just as ridiculous.

I agree with that, but this is way too much, you commented like this is no big deal, this is a big deal people at max level, cant even reach specific skills...

Just now, Evir said:

I agree with that, but this is way too much, you commented like this is no big deal, this is a big deal people at max level, cant even reach specific skills...

You havent even stopped to consider, in your various post rants, that maybe they have some unreachable on purpose because they dont want them in game yet.

Its EA, play it as it is, or dont, provide feedback, but to stay its stupid when you dont know their reasoning is stupid.

6 minutes ago, Evir said:

Because it's not really. There are far bigger fish to fry atm. Progression should be the least of your concerns in an EA title that hasn't even been available to the public for a week. I commend their efforts throughout the holiday break. Regardless of foresight/hindsight. 

Edited by Nari
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nari said:

I don't agree with that at all.. If anything we should be able to get to end game stuff now for testing purposes. Otherwise how do we test it, if it's unobtainable? Also, in what way was this change a priority? With all of the burning fires, all they did was light a match to a system that was fine for now. It's clear this was done with very little thought put into it. 

Edited by mcrippins
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mcrippins said:

I don't agree with that at all.. If anything we should be able to get to end game stuff now for testing purposes. Otherwise how do we test it, if it's unobtainable? Also, in what way was this change a priority? With all of the burning fires, all they did was light a match to a system that was fine for now. It's clear this was done with very little thought put into it. 

These are all excellent points.

This is a big yikes. I guess the main intention is to create a trade in "skills". Like creating profesions so people can trade between eachother with stuff they can craft. The only problem is the bottleneck of trully specializing in one job at the cost of some combat nodes. This is a big problem for solo players tho since the boat skills take up easily 20 skill points by themself.

Edited by Loni

3 minutes ago, Loni said:

This is a big yikes. I guess the main intention is to create a trade in "skills". Like creating profesions so people can trade between eachother with stuff they can craft. The only problem is the bottleneck of trully specializing in one job at the cost of some combat nodes.

I feel that is exactly their intention. More people in a company equals more skills. I think it will be reworked though.

6 minutes ago, SoloHan88 said:

I feel that is exactly their intention. More people in a company equals more skills. I think it will be reworked though.

Ofcourse it will. I know this is a MMO and they are testing stuff, but this seems to me like a little bit of an oversight. Especially thinking about players that like to run solo. Still I will try to do my part and see how it works when I want to build my first sloop soon.

While despise doesn't do the feelings I have for this current patch justice as a solo player I'll still be stubborn and keep playing. I think they did this patch to take peoples attention away from the real problem... The hell is with the roaming packs of 10+ wolves. 2 wolves were hard enough to deal with now with the talents can't even defend myself from those if i want to build or farm supplies. Wish I was able to get a screenshot but was owned by about 12 wolves, 4 crocs 3 snakes and an alpha snake... i mean ouch which then proceeded to take up resident outside my lil ledge house I could hear their taunts throughout the night =(

2 minutes ago, The Foam Helmet said:

While despise doesn't do the feelings I have for this current patch justice as a solo player I'll still be stubborn and keep playing. I think they did this patch to take peoples attention away from the real problem... The hell is with the roaming packs of 10+ wolves. 2 wolves were hard enough to deal with now with the talents can't even defend myself from those if i want to build or farm supplies. Wish I was able to get a screenshot but was owned by about 12 wolves, 4 crocs 3 snakes and an alpha snake... i mean ouch which then proceeded to take up resident outside my lil ledge house I could hear their taunts throughout the night =(

what magical place did you find that only had 2 wolves? Everywhere ive been as been roving packs of wolves, a cluster ball of snakes, and a crate of crocs all wanting to kill players.

So... to those people saying that "Should hit end game skills by level 20". Um... why? We dont have the whole tree unlocked, just specific skills in order to craft lets say... a damn pistol? Which still takes forever to craft and upkeep because we're stuck in freeports and lawless due to the fact that many of us are solo or in companies with less than 10 people. So shit's a bit hard? So why the fuck cant we make a damn pistol by level 20 or a blunderbuss? Doesn't mean the whole tree is unlocked for all the perks and bonus percentages for reload/aim/etc. We as the lonelier groups with fewer people dont have the cushion of a large company to craft stuff we cant craft. So we have to skill into everything we want.

So please explain to me how it's a fair mechanic? "Shouldn't be able to craft endgame stuff by level 20". What a joke. The fact that we can craft endgame stuff in ONE skill tree of the about a dozen ish is outrageous? Nah, more like fair and the fact that we can't now with the new update fucks us even further trying to survive outside of a FREEPORT. like... lets just live in a starter zone. it's cool, didn't want to explore the game. Just rinse and repeat in a starter zone! WOOHOO!

Oh and to add to all that, let's not do anything about all the duping thats happened that originally fucked everyone. Let's just break the skill tree mechanic making it even more 1 sided lol.

Everyone's entitled to their moans and groans and gripes. It's part of what happens.

As far as your rant won't comment due to fear of you going on again. As far as getting out of freeport/lawless for me as a solo I unlocked bow and farmed up enough materials to run down to town dock gave to guy to make me a raft then farmed up the hide for a bed placed on raft then a storage chest and off I went to get out of the lvl 8 cap zone.

Eh I'd say about average 65 hours or so . Lvl 30 or around there can't check server down and almost have the Schooner built just missing a few walls and the ceilings for top deck. What my pics above were from went to an island to my south that it was alot easier to get metal but lacked wood/fiber which are easier on my island I'm building on.