CptGamble

Ghost Ship Issue

G'day folks, 

My mates and I are loving the game so far, bugs and all. Total pirate fans. 

We'd just spent two days building a Schooner and launched it 30 mins before the 7.0 release. We were absolutely stoked to get back on and sail our new ship. Unfortunately, as soon as we logged on, there were ghost ships literally everywhere. Our ship was destroyed in a minute, along with every other ship around us. What the hell? 

Has anyone else had this issue?

Cheers, folks. 

• Like 1

yes...ny neibors schooner was destroyed in the shipyard.  Mine was almost complete its down to a few planks. Built it myself. We chipped away and killed the ghost ship with pickaxe. Probly saved my shipyard. It sank everything in range in moments.

edit...ship...not shit...altho ...ya

Edited by DS Relic

2 minutes ago, DS Relic said:

yes...ny neibors schooner was destroyed in the shipyard.  Mine was almost complete its down to a few planks. Built it myself. We chipped away and killed the ghost ship with pickaxe. Probly saved my shipyard. It sank everything in range in moments.

edit...ship...not shit...altho ...ya

haha we did the same thing but luckily we got away with no lost ships in the first attack. Though i dont know how many more there will be.

Yes Just had it done to us, 2 days of hard grinding for mats gone and we didnt even launch as we were filling it with resource!

20181228001423_1.jpg

Yup we spent 60 hours to build a schooner and a sloop and we were sailing nicely until 7.0 patch... got to our ship, dropped sails and 5 mins later we're sinking... Basicly right now ships are not worth building at all because sailing is impossible atleast without crew and bunch of cannons and all of that stuff needs another 60 hours resource gathering just so you can sink your ship in 5 minutes all over again... Nice patch gotta say.

I was nearly done with the schooner myself and playing solo so it took a long time to build and then the 7.0 update hits and the ghost ship just literally parks right next to my shipyard with the schooner in it and starts destroying it, i tried damaging it with guns, didn't work

2 minutes ago, Wulfn said:

Yes Just had it done to us, 2 days of hard grinding for mats gone and we didnt even launch as we were filling it with resource!

20181228001423_1.jpg

Same happens to our Schooner, me any my friends just started to build, and ha ghostship fucked up everything. it swims along the coast and killed all ships there, all companys arround us loeses their ships too.  While they are offline, great work. That will be a surprise for them to log in....

1 hour ago, Drago203 said:

I was nearly done with the schooner myself and playing solo so it took a long time to build and then the 7.0 update hits and the ghost ship just literally parks right next to my shipyard with the schooner in it and starts destroying it, i tried damaging it with guns, didn't work

don't bother with guns, use your axes and picks.