Sign in to follow this  
Gamling

Grapeshot killed the game for soloplayers

Just now, Boredaholic said:

Lol... like... i cant even... omfg... this guy... this guy right here everyone...

Haha, damn.  I meant *everything* not *anything*.

That does sound dumb.

• Like 1

We play in a small group, and it is way harder now with the skill limitation.

So the gap between „china farmer“ and „normal people with a life“ has been increased.

Stop patching against players,

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Caveat said:

I don't really have much issue with a solo player not being able to get all the skills required to actually do anything.  The game isn't intended to be played solo, and I get it. 

I think you meant to say, "able to get all the skills required to actually do everything", but until today you could easily be a solo player, in fact that's the WHOLE POINT of their NPC system man. You could easily get a schooner and be perfectly fine sailing it alone if the game wasn't fucked and you could actually get gold to hire crew, you would have to put in more work but it was very much possible. NOW? There is no way. The whole point of grouping up was to just get things faster so you could focus on one tree and someone else could focus on another. Solo and small groups might as well quit the game now if you dont want to join one of the large guild and be a worker drone.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Caveat said:

IMO, you should be able to complete at least one path in two branches and maybe have a few points left over for random skills.  Each individual player should be able to fulfill two roles to make this playable for small Companies.  Ideally, only the ultimate skills in the trees should truly be "expensive" and they should also, therefore be very much worth it.

This is where I think most people agree on. Even when skills cost 1 per, I am level 45 and didn't fill out any skill trees fully.

But everyone should have access to the basics. Smithy, metal tools, hide armor, melee weapons and bows, and shipbuilding.

Everything else is extra and 1 player should only be able to max out the extra skills. Exp: Artillery, BeastMastery, Captaineering, Repairing, Cooking, Medicine, Piracy etc.

All good MMO's allow you to solo play if you want and not be worse off then anyone else. The good MMO's require larger groups for the End Game content. So limiting players to do basic things just to play is a bad design. Besides now people level 20 and under cant do anything. Either they choose to get a bow, or they choose to make a sloop.
As many have said "Look I can make this spear! But can't make the storage box to hold it....."

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Boredaholic said:

I very respectfully HIGHLY disagree with you. Every game I've played MMO wise i've always played solo. Always. The point's these guys/gals are making are very legit and concerning for the game. The fact that you so blatantly disagree and are so absolutely 1 sided is astounding. Playing solo is damn near impossible and i'll tell you why.

The ultimate truth is it's not impossible.

If you want to take about 10,000x longer than companies to get anywhere then by all means keep playing. (I'll still be playing even though the mechanics of it are broken at the moment)

If you want to keep building, trying to explore, get wiped, respawn, repeat, rinse, repeat then by all means keep playing.

If you want to hit open water's and get ganked by china and then watch chat spam explode with "China NO.1" by all means keep playing.

If you want to be playing in your server trying to craft and gather and step on your boat with all your metal tools on you and everything important to include maybe pistols ammo, metal ore and then have the game glitch out and the raft launch you to the top of the map to fall to your death in a freeport and lose everything, then by all means keep play.

There's so much to the game that is still broken, and for fucks sake yes it's EARLY ACCESS, we fucking know. It needs more patches, it needs more fixes, it needs more people to continue to bitch and complain. Why? Lol i'll tell you.

If a game is broken and none of the players say anything about it how does it get fixed? If a game is going to be successful then feedback is feedback and the dev's need to consider all of it regardless of it being positive or negative. Keep player base happy, keep selling your game. The potential for expansions and dlc and all this extra content is here and do you REALLY think wildcard would release a new game without having at least 3 expansions already being worked on? If they want continue support and continue to make money off everyone then they will consider all our bitching and moaning.

So. Again. Solo play. Pretty much impossible at the moment. Thanks.

So you’re disagreeing about agreeing? 

3 minutes ago, Percieval said:

So you’re disagreeing about agreeing? 

yes/no? i agree to disagree about disagreeing to agree, therefore i disagree.

2 minutes ago, Boredaholic said:

yes/no? i agree to disagree about disagreeing to agree, therefore i disagree.

You’re saying what I am saying but still disagree? I was wondering about that for a bit. 

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

You’re saying what I am saying but still disagree? I was wondering about that for a bit. 

I'm more or less stating that for any average player who actually has a life, it's impossible to play. We will never get anywhere. Hence why you'll see level 20+ living in freeports on the NA PVP servers. Jesus lets get down and dirty with what this really is buddy.

So a playable game solo for about 99% of us means we can advance in a game and continue to do so in a reasonable amount of time.

An unplayable game solo for about 99% of us means we can login, if lucky when in EA, play the game for 8 hours+ and then die instantly due to either the mechanics of the game or the fact that there's companies out there that just wait for us to step out of freeport with HUNDREDS of players and we just get ganked. oh look there, we just lost everything we've been playing the past 8 hours for. that's cool. took them about 15 seconds. But in reality that is pvp, so i know where you're going to go with that (Switch to PVE, Duhhh), um no. because solo on PVE guess what... mechanics are still broken and a solo player cant advance in any sort of timely reasonable manner in order to get through the skill tree anymore.

So. This game is what then? I mean yeah most of us still play and continue on with our struggle buss's, but when you come in and just start spouting that we're all pretty much just whining to whine is a bit retarded. Should definitely go read a post i made in another topic. Bitching and whining, OH and praising when things are going smooth, are all part of how a dev team gets the game to how their player base would like it. Don't like the bitching and whining then by all means excuse yourself from the topic or well the internet entirely lol.

I'm more or less stating that for any average player who actually has a life, it's impossible to play. We will never get anywhere. Hence why you'll see level 20+ living in freeports on the NA PVP servers. Jesus lets get down and dirty with what this really is buddy.

So a playable game solo for about 99% of us means we can advance in a game and continue to do so in a reasonable amount of time.

An unplayable game solo for about 99% of us means we can login, if lucky when in EA, play the game for 8 hours+ and then die instantly due to either the mechanics of the game or the fact that there's companies out there that just wait for us to step out of freeport with HUNDREDS of players and we just get ganked. oh look there, we just lost everything we've been playing the past 8 hours for. that's cool. took them about 15 seconds. But in reality that is pvp, so i know where you're going to go with that (Switch to PVE, Duhhh), um no. because solo on PVE guess what... mechanics are still broken and a solo player cant advance in any sort of timely reasonable manner in order to get through the skill tree anymore.

So. This game is what then? I mean yeah most of us still play and continue on with our struggle buss's, but when you come in and just start spouting that we're all pretty much just whining to whine is a bit retarded. Should definitely go read a post i made in another topic. Bitching and whining, OH and praising when things are going smooth, are all part of how a dev team gets the game to how their player base would like it. Don't like the bitching and whining then by all means excuse yourself from the topic or well the internet entirely lol.

This game is still an early access, I think that’s what you were looking for. There will be solo friendly unofficial servers and on ARK there has never been a solo friendly official server so what made people believe this (which from the reveal was already clear that this would be much harder for solo’s) was more solo friendly? 

They’re testing stuff out to make it ‘perfect’ at launch in 2 years. From all the comments and flaming from the people on the forums they will probably change it to a bit less. See how that goes.

But in my opinion thinking that surviving as a solo player on an official server with 39,999 other people fighting over 700 islands would be somewhat ‘easy’ or whatever is a optimistic. That’s probably why they invented the whole government system (that is not working out really). 

2 minutes ago, Percieval said:

This game is still an early access, I think that’s what you were looking for. There will be solo friendly unofficial servers and on ARK there has never been a solo friendly official server so what made people believe this (which from the reveal was already clear that this would be much harder for solo’s) was more solo friendly? 

They’re testing stuff out to make it ‘perfect’ at launch in 2 years. From all the comments and flaming from the people on the forums they will probably change it to a bit less. See how that goes.

But in my opinion thinking that surviving as a solo player on an official server with 39,999 other people fighting over 700 islands would be somewhat ‘easy’ or whatever is a optimistic. That’s probably why they invented the whole government system (that is not working out really). 

You obviously either ignored the last part of my post, just cant read, or are to close minded to accept another opinion. It's cool. Enjoy your day.

Just now, Boredaholic said:

You obviously either ignored the last part of my post, just cant read, or are to close minded to accept another opinion. It's cool. Enjoy your day.

Oh I read it and it isn’t true so I thought you were trolling. I’ve already stated that it needs to be changed. But I’ve also said to people that are saying that it is ‘impossible to play solo’ that that part is not true. 

For the spouting and all goes, whenever an update goes live you always first have the people that just shout useless stuff nobody can do anything with, and after a discussion some ideas come up. Which in my opinion could’ve been avoided if they started with ideas. I mean - it is an early access game after all. 

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

Oh I read it and it isn’t true so I thought you were trolling. I’ve already stated that it needs to be changed. But I’ve also said to people that are saying that it is ‘impossible to play solo’ that that part is not true. 

For the spouting and all goes, whenever an update goes live you always first have the people that just shout useless stuff nobody can do anything with, and after a discussion some ideas come up. Which in my opinion could’ve been avoided if they started with ideas. I mean - it is an early access game after all. 

Early access... hence all the shouting and complaining. Problems either persist, get worse, stay, or get reworked and the community hates it. What part of the end of my original quote was not true? "Bitching and whining, OH and praising when things are going smooth, are all part of how a dev team gets the game to how their player base would like it."? Because if that's not true then what the fuck are we all doing on their forums? why even have forums?

4 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Point me in the direction of an unofficial that has a full cluster of servers that is guaranteed to be alive for 3-4 years and i will try it out. Comparing this to official Ark is just silly. I have run Ark clusters with official rates for years and i never had any problems with stuff i had to sacrifice in the engramlist. 

So it would be better not to vent your opinion on the forum when Studio grapecard is messing things up? Sounds logical.

The server cant fit 40k players, so yeah. Who said it would be easy? But as it is right now, soloplayer is getting shat on.

I love how there's this huge community and one guy pops in trying to spout b.s. and gets shut down but keeps trying... give up man. At the moment soloplaying = no go

3 minutes ago, Boredaholic said:

Because if that's not true then what the fuck are we all doing on their forums? why even have forums?

Probably a way for us to just vent, honestly haven't seen any community manager or admin or nothing from the dev team in the forums, dont even think they read what we are saying honestly because they could fix the game in one patch if they did.

Just now, Gamling said:

Point me in the direction of an unofficial that has a full cluster of servers that is guaranteed to be alive for 3-4 years and i will try it out. Comparing this to official Ark is just silly. I have run Ark clusters with official rates for years and i never had any problems with stuff i had to sacrifice in the engramlist. 

So it would be better not to vent your opinion on the forum when Studio grapecard is messing things up? Sounds logical.

The server cant fit 40k players, so yeah. Who said it would be easy? But as it is right now, soloplayer is getting shat on.

There will be private servers but then again nobody can give you that guarantee. I just told you the closest you could come to your ‘desired experience’. If they won’t stay online that long you will have to play on an official server but then again: It’s almost impossible to be hardcore solo on there, which I’ve been saying for the last few weeks. 

Everybody can and is allowed to vent their concerns but there are so many people that also shout and flame/insult other people if they don’t agree. 

I love how there's this huge community and one guy pops in trying to spout b.s. and gets shut down but keeps trying... give up man. At the moment soloplaying = no go

Probably just a kid that is trying to up hes postcount.

2 minutes ago, Rando said:

Probably a way for us to just vent, honestly haven't seen any community manager or admin or nothing from the dev team in the forums, dont even think they read what we are saying honestly because they could fix the game in one patch if they did.

I've seen an admin post once. Says they've got hundreds of posts. They're just busy i guess. would make better sense to have admins on the forums keep up with the more popular and "hot" topics informing us of some info. But it's cool i guess.

2 minutes ago, Percieval said:

There will be private servers but then again nobody can give you that guarantee. I just told you the closest you could come to your ‘desired experience’. If they won’t stay online that long you will have to play on an official server but then again: It’s almost impossible to be hardcore solo on there, which I’ve been saying for the last few weeks. 

Everybody can and is allowed to vent their concerns but there are so many people that also shout and flame/insult other people if they don’t agree. 

so... you agree with what we've been saying then about it being pretty impossible to play solo. Wow... all this banter for you to agree with us in the end. Thanks for wasting time lol.

I've seen an admin post once. Says they've got hundreds of posts. They're just busy i guess. would make better sense to have admins on the forums keep up with the more popular and "hot" topics informing us of some info. But it's cool i guess.

so... you agree with what we've been saying then about it being pretty impossible to play solo. Wow... all this banter for you to agree with us in the end. Thanks for wasting time lol.

I’ve been saying that for weeks. I disagree with all the mobs out here crying it’s undoable, done with that shit. 

Just now, Percieval said:

I’ve been saying that for weeks. I disagree with all the mobs out here crying it’s undoable, done with that shit. 

so... disconnect from the internet and walk away form the forums?

i mean otherwise you'll go bat shit crazy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Boredaholic said:

so... disconnect from the internet and walk away form the forums?

i mean otherwise you'll go bat shit crazy

I’ve accepted my fate. For what it’s worth we already lost all the guys insulting GS/WC all the time, even though 1 keeps holding on. 

2 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

As for the one patch comment....yeah....just going leave that one stand on its own merit.

A lot of issues would be fixed if you got rid of the vitamin system, or just made it so we had to eat our fruit and veggies.

3 minutes ago, Percieval said:

I’ve accepted my fate. For what it’s worth we already lost all the guys insulting GS/WC all the time, even though 1 keeps holding on. 

Lol