Upcoming Ally Crew Count Patch Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Aegis

Tame disappear on ship

i got a horse on ship, want to travel to other region, but the horse disappear when raise anchor, i had moved my ship, but cannot see the horse anywhere, the weird thing is i can hear the horse sound where it was when i raise the anchor, but i just cannot see it

We have lost 2 tames so far since the Mega update released to the very same thing.  It is almost like the tame is not on the boat just floats across the deck then falls off somewhere but still shows for us on the boat.  If we log out and back in the tame is no where to be found.  This is getting extremely frustrating.  Be extremely careful with sailing with any tames. 

We found that the cargo carts are causing this we watched two of our tames get pulled off the boats because of the cart rubberbanded back about 5 boat lengths. After removing the carts the problem seems to go away. 

Both animals Ive used cargo carts on have disappeared. Didnt even change grids, so it looks like sailing at all with a cargo cart onboard can create problems. I didnt even see them go

Did the tames reappear later on? I have a visual glitch where crew and tames don't appear to be on deck, but if i leave ship and return they are all in the correct places.

No, we found our bear behind the boat. Luckily we saw it happen and was able to turn around and get him. What happens is somehow the cargo sadel clips off the boat and instead of the cart snapping back to the bear the bear snaps back to the cart? We also found it helpful if you leave you're tame on following while on the boat. that way if it does get pulled off it will start swimming back to you. 

This is not caused exclusively by the carts. I do not have a cart at all and my bear is floating in the air behind my ship. Do not know the cause but carts are not it. Was looking to see if it was server issue as this did not happen on the last server I was on.

The "floating in the air behind the ship" is a visual bug and zoning to another grid server cleans it up. That appears to be different from what Shawshanker was talking about.

I've not personally lost any tames overboard but I have had the 'floating in air' bug.

I've also had a bug (which I reported a few days ago) where tames and npcs on the deck of an anchored ship will be missing, only to be found on the ocean floor underneath the ship. They respond to targeted whistles but I wasn't able to mount my bear. I didn't try J because I was in port 😄

Well I also know my issue has only happened to me on select servers. So it is my thought that it is more a server resource issue over a game issue. There is only but so much Devs can do if people run servers on inferior hardware.

Anyhow just wanted people to understand this may not be a GS issue as much as the server you play on.

sorry to necro, but this is still a thing. lost 2 bears today. silly thing is. i couldn't see them, but to my crew-member they were still on ship. i have lost multiple tames due to this bug.

the easiest fix i can think of is to make a tether to tie them to so they become the same way as mounted/seated crew