3sixtyy

Cobras behind walls

U still do nothing about cobra's spawn behind our walls and killing all our tames. I already see post with same problem but devs still don't fix that 😠.

I've not had issues with cobras spawning behind walls, but I have seen them time and time again climb walls as they glitch their way up.

Halfsize wall = they climb

Railing = they climb/pass through

Full wall + railing on top = they can climb, particularly if there is something next to it that they can glitch upwards on.

Even 2 walls high i've seen them climb because something next to it has helped them glitch upwards.

Big pain in the ass.

5 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

I've not had issues with cobras spawning behind walls, but I have seen them time and time again climb walls as they glitch their way up.

Halfsize wall = they climb

Railing = they climb/pass through

Full wall + railing on top = they can climb, particularly if there is something next to it that they can glitch upwards on.

Even 2 walls high i've seen them climb because something next to it has helped them glitch upwards.

Big pain in the ass.

Yes today when I came back from treasure huntin i see lvl 14 cobra spawn behind our walls. But we have huge walls for our base+large wood Doors but still cobra came inside 🤬. 

To prevent them from glitching over a wall it needs to be 4 walls high.

Prevent you from spawns in your house - impossible at the moment. I got up to three spawns in my huge castle per day. Vultures, snakes, crocodile.... 

Just set your tames on neutral - no one will die again.

And never park a rhino alone. They're too dumb to handle a rattlesnake.

The bigger problem with cobras is their hitboxes. These allouds them to come so close to the wall, that the head is fully inside and can bite your tames asses. Lot of people building a second wall around their cages because of that. This means more structures and less performance. All just because of a hitbox.

But don't mind on the cobras too much. Since years a lot of people get problems with this mechanics in ark and they never changed it. So why should they do it here?

Edited by Forb Hidden
  • Like 1

Is your animal pen an open pen, or do you have actual flooring covering the whole pen?  The respawn radius for animals is only a couple of tiles away from foundation points.  Our animal pen is a couple of cliff platforms at the same level as a cliff ledge that's maybe 5-8 foundations wide, and while things won't spawn on the platform itself they will respawn on the ledge half every so often.

I just wish I could set up a couple of puckle guns to clear the pen of anything that spawns, but I was warned that if any of my tames envelope the wild animal the crew member on the puckle will try and shoot through my tames to kill the wild animal resulting in more dead tames.

Since the tames glitch no more thru structures it's also possible to build a stable on pillars. Or in the first up to the seventh floor like I did.

Btw: my castle is fully build on stone foundations (+- 40x40) and they spawn inside. Foundations or structures don't prevent you from spawns since 1.5 launched.