Sign in to follow this  
Forb Hidden

pve Sell an island?

A lot of ways to get scammed doing that.

Also holding land you don't need is also a scumbag thing to do. Some people can't get the bigger islands and then other companies take the small ones because they can. Another reason upkeep needs to be increased IMO.

~Lotus

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Lotus said:

A lot of ways to get scammed doing that.

Also holding land you don't need is also a scumbag thing to do. Some people can't get the bigger islands and then other companies take the small ones because they can. Another reason upkeep needs to be increased IMO.

~Lotus

Imagine there is a new tame everybody wants. U tame it and sell it for the best price, because you are the first and only. All be impressed of you and u gain reputation and so on... 

When you get something, the pple wants way more than a tame and it's able to sell... Why not? First come, first serve. So why should it be a bad thing?

It's just a question about if there are some rules? Seems not.

In 2...3 weeks I will come back and maybe sell an island 😜

1 minute ago, Forb Hidden said:

Imagine there is a new tame everybody wants. U tame it and sell it for the best price, because you are the first and only. All be impressed of you and u gain reputation and so on... 

When you get something, the pple wants way more than a tame and it's able to sell... Why not? First come, first serve. So why should it be a bad thing?

It's just a question about if there are some rules? Seems not.

In 2...3 weeks I will come back and maybe sell an island 😜

You don't have a safe way to actually sell it which could get you in trouble with admins. As for reputation it's like I said you take something that somebody could use that you don't need then hold it to try and make money. The reputation there is negative and the people we have caught doing things like that end up on a do not fly list. That is just in our company though, which 1 company isn't everything but I guess a lot of people actually know me 🤓

~Lotus

Basically anything you can sell in-game for in-game resources there shouldn't be any problems with it at all.

However, I'm uncertain whether anyone would be interested in actually buying an island, because, unless i'm mistaken, there's still the issue of other people in the area contesting a claim. If that's still true, you could end up with people buying the island, you unclaim it, they go to claim it, but others are active in the area and it becomes a pain to claim it. So for that reason you may find it difficult to find a buyer. But it also depends on the type of island, price etc also.

1 minute ago, Lotus said:

You don't have a safe way to actually sell it which could get you in trouble with admins.

Why would admins get involved? There is no safe way to sell anything in-game for in-game resources. Excluding player shops.

Edited by [GP] Guybrush Threepwood

I brought an island (15) for 12k like 2 weeks ago, i know from other persons too.
Islands are rarely offered in official discord.

Me as a buyer took the risk, but there where 3 people in the grid at the time of exchange, so the risk was low. Some visited later bc they saw an unclaimed island, was hard for them to understand that the claiming was a contracted thingy.

AND the claim was never interrupted, even when the seller crossed the circle.

@[GP] Guybrush Threepwoodallready visited it btw.

1 minute ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Basically anything you can sell in-game for in-game resources there shouldn't be any problems with it at all.

However, I'm uncertain whether anyone would be interested in actually buying an island, because, unless i'm mistaken, there's still the issue of other people in the area contesting a claim. If that's still true, you could end up with people buying the island, you unclaim it, they go to claim it, but others are active in the area and it becomes a pain to claim it. So for that reason you may find it difficult to find a buyer. But it also depends on the type of island, price etc also.

Why would admins get involved? There is no safe way to sell anything in-game for in-game resources.

So what happens when the group that bought it doesn't get the island? The whole concept is just bad for the game.

Admins would get involved because it's a form of griefing imo.

~Lotus

8 minutes ago, Lotus said:

So what happens when the group that bought it doesn't get the island? The whole concept is just bad for the game.

~Lotus

Thats an unsecure trade, the buyer should be aware of it. Thats all!

Why is it more bad then selling some tames/breeded bears, ships or crafts of BPs.
Each of this is an unsecure trade!

19 minutes ago, Lotus said:

~Lotus

That's just the same as insiding a company. You take the risk and suffer the consequences if there are any, you take full responsibility.

Everyone in game is a pirate, you think pirates were honest people?

Now if a trade involved real life money, which is against the rules, then yes admins would be expected to get involved, but when it comes to doing a trade for in-game currency then admins have NO grounds for action.

9 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

That's just the same as insiding a company. You take the risk and suffer the consequences if there are any, you take full responsibility.

Everyone in game is a pirate, you think pirates were honest people?

Now if a trade involved real life money, which is against the rules, then yes admins would be expected to get involved, but when it comes to doing a trade for in-game currency then admins have NO grounds for action.

Pirates would kill him and take his stuff. He would be more of an imperial trader which was their target 😛

In some parts of the world griefing online can actually put you in jail.

People have been wiped in this game for things that are outside of ToS rules.

21 minutes ago, Kummba said:

Thats an unsecure trade, the buyer should be aware of it. Thats all!

Why is it more bad then selling some tames/breeded bears, ships or crafts of BPs.
Each of this is an unsecure trade!

I know a few people that could team up and take roughly all islands below 50 points if there was a wipe again. What does that do to the game?

~Lotus

first: I never talked about real money. We're talking about ingame-trade for gold etc...

Then: we don't claim that island just for fun or griefing. We claimed, because there was around 30k gold in the chests of the old owner. That's way better than just worth it.

So on: in the next 2...3 weeks we decide, if we keep that island or try to make a trade.

The problems while changing an island is another theme. There's a risk at least. But if the price is not too high (like these 12k I read) u would make big eyes, how many people wants to get own land, also with that risk.

48 minutes ago, Forb Hidden said:

first: I never talked about real money. We're talking about ingame-trade for gold etc...

Then: we don't claim that island just for fun or griefing. We claimed, because there was around 30k gold in the chests of the old owner. That's way better than just worth it.

So on: in the next 2...3 weeks we decide, if we keep that island or try to make a trade.

The problems while changing an island is another theme. There's a risk at least. But if the price is not too high (like these 12k I read) u would make big eyes, how many people wants to get own land, also with that risk.

Absolutely, and I am confident that there are no game rules regarding it, regardless of whether there is any ethical concerns from the community. Buying and selling islands should be fine, and both parties should take full responsibility for any potential outcome.

Trading islands will be most time offered from unknown persons.

For me the scamm potenial is too high.

What are you looking for? 57?

5 hours ago, Forb Hidden said:

5 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Absolutely, and I am confident that there are no game rules regarding it, regardless of whether there is any ethical concerns from the community. Buying and selling islands should be fine, and both parties should take full responsibility for any potential outcome.

Claiming it and taking the stuff inside sure. Keeping the land when you don't need it is unethical. Keeping it because you want to sell it is where it starts to border griefing. Here's another way to look at it. If somebody were to block off powerstones and say you can get your stone if you pay X, what do you think the admin will do to that person? What is the difference between taking an island and doing that? In lawless if you pillar off excessive amounts of land you can get wiped for that, what is the difference here? There was a guy about a week ago posting how his whole tribe got punished for the actions of 1 person. Admins have already admitted that in PvP they let the players sort it out but on PvE griefing leads to a quick wipe of that company.

7 hours ago, Kummba said:

I brought an island (15) for 12k like 2 weeks ago, i know from other persons too.
Islands are rarely offered in official discord.

Me as a buyer took the risk, but there where 3 people in the grid at the time of exchange, so the risk was low. Some visited later bc they saw an unclaimed island, was hard for them to understand that the claiming was a contracted thingy.

AND the claim was never interrupted, even when the seller crossed the circle.

@[GP] Guybrush Threepwoodallready visited it btw.

@KummbaWhich company did you buy it from so I can add them to the list of companies we won't deal with 😄

~Lotus

1 minute ago, Lotus said:

Claiming it and taking the stuff inside sure. Keeping the land when you don't need it is unethical. Keeping it because you want to sell it is where it starts to border griefing. Here's another way to look at it. If somebody were to block off powerstones and say you can get your stone if you pay X, what do you think the admin will do to that person? What is the difference between taking an island and doing that? In lawless if you pillar off excessive amounts of land you can get wiped for that, what is the difference here? There was a guy about a week ago posting how his whole tribe got punished for the actions of 1 person. Admins have already admitted that in PvP they let the players sort it out but on PvE griefing leads to a quick wipe of that company.

Nobody "needs" an island. People "want" an island. So if people want an island, then decide to sell it, and if it takes time to sell it then that's up to them. No way is it bordering griefing.

Every example you just provided is comparing apples and oranges.

Mr. Lotus,

It's the way you see it. Actually we block nothing. It's free to build there and it's taxed like nearby all the other islands too. Like your two islands a.e. (really? Your a bad, bad, griefer... shame on you and your company for such a behavior *rolleyes)

I made this thread for checking out the ways, whats legal possible to do, if we decide to not keep the island. That's surely not the way of a person, who wants to hurt others. Isn't it?

And we are all pirates on one side and part of a worldwide community on the other side. I think with respect and "Anstand" (Sry don't remember the word in English) you can handle that way better than with ethics.

So thank you for your opinion and next time you can try to be a little less arrogant and thinking a little bit further before posting. Becouse no, since yet I didn't herd a lot of good news about lotus or who you are. And your behavior wasn't something, who changed my mind until now.

But I'm sure next time we first say "hello, I'm forb" before standing on each other tees.

So have a nice time and yes, English is not my first language.

Mfg

Forb

1 minute ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Nobody "needs" an island. People "want" an island. So if people want an island, then decide to sell it, and if it takes time to sell it then that's up to them. No way is it bordering griefing.

Every example you just provided is comparing apples and oranges.

Correct people don't need an island they want it.

I'm using them as examples of how things have been handled in the past. Currently there's no rules written to my knowledge of how it would be handled the closest thing is the use of structures to inhib other players on PvE networks.

Another way of looking at it, are you willing to risk your tribe for 12k? To our tribe we will throw 12k off the back of the boat when doing maps because we don't like how much the extra weight slows us down on our sail home. To some people though 12k is like hitting the lottery.

~Lotus

14 minutes ago, Forb Hidden said:

It's the way you see it. Actually we block nothing. It's free to build there and it's taxed like nearby all the other islands too. Like your two islands a.e. (really? Your a bad, bad, griefer... shame on you and your company for such a behavior *rolleyes) 

We have 2 claimed but when the continents come out we are going to drop them and grab one of those.

15 minutes ago, Forb Hidden said:

I made this thread for checking out the ways, whats legal possible to do, if we decide to not keep the island. That's surely not the way of a person, who wants to hurt others. Isn't it?

It has nothing written in the rules, however, that does not mean you are safe.

16 minutes ago, Forb Hidden said:

And we are all pirates on one side and part of a worldwide community on the other side. I think with respect and "Anstand" (Sry don't remember the word in English) you can handle that way better than with ethics.

I view PvP as pirates and PvE as community. I think the word you are looking for is understand.

17 minutes ago, Forb Hidden said:

So thank you for your opinion and next time you can try to be a little less arrogant and thinking a little bit further before posting. Becouse no, since yet I didn't herd a lot of good news about lotus or who you are. And your behavior wasn't something, who changed my mind until now.

I don't understand what you are trying to say here. I write in the forums between sailing, checking discord, twitter, reddit, and twitch.

17 minutes ago, Forb Hidden said:

But I'm sure next time we first say "hello, I'm forb" before standing on each other tees.

I normally say Ahoy! sometimes people respond sometimes they don't and then I cry 😢

18 minutes ago, Forb Hidden said:

So have a nice time and yes, English is not my first language.

That is fine you speak it well enough to get your point across.

Anyway I said I am going to bed like 3 hours ago then stuff kept happening.

Goodnight

~Lotus

1 hour ago, Lotus said:

@KummbaWhich company did you buy it from so I can add them to the list of companies we won't deal with 😄

~Lotus

LAMO mr lotus of lotus. Whats wrong with you today, dont do dem drugs!

1 hour ago, Lotus said:

Correct people don't need an island they want it.

I'm using them as examples of how things have been handled in the past. Currently there's no rules written to my knowledge of how it would be handled the closest thing is the use of structures to inhib other players on PvE networks.

Another way of looking at it, are you willing to risk your tribe for 12k? To our tribe we will throw 12k off the back of the boat when doing maps because we don't like how much the extra weight slows us down on our sail home. To some people though 12k is like hitting the lottery.

~Lotus

People can do with an island whatever they want. If they want to own an island that they have no interest in which means no-one else can claim the island then that's fine. If the Devs start enforcing rules around that then they'd need some damn solid evidence to take action. So no, there is no risk in it at all.

I just post it here:

There was a company voting and Taming & Trading Gallery unclaimed D10 Allerbel cay to claim another island.

Feel free to claim a spam free 2x wood 2xmetal island with good settlers without any problems.

58 minutes ago, Island hopper said:

Crazy Shenanigans ... you make a name in the community. but not a good name

Really? And you are? 

I dont get why people defend a bad system and then call out people that adapt to it!

Be more vocal about this instead:

- islands are to cheap! THEY PRINT MONEY.

- claiming multiple islands is way to cheap

- points per island only determined by size is what even? Not taking into account for region, biome, resources, animals. Nothing but size.

- way to less island a 3 member company can claim

Glad wer still have the 10 days erverywhere for the rescue.