Sign in to follow this  
Dragonchampion

Lawless Pillar Spam: Currently an issue, but the devs are working to solve it.

So, me and my friends went to do a Masterwork map this weekend, for x2. Unfortunately, a company  had pillars placed all around the cliffside, and we couldn't get up to the cliff, where the map was! So this would normally be a GG moment, because the company had pillared, but not even done the courtesy of building a rampwhere they pillared. However, then I remembered something from a patch note a while ago.

They reduced the distance that pillars and foundations blocked others!

So, carefully walking around, I did it... I found a good spot slightly up the cliff for a single pillar! And from that pillar, I was able to build a ramp and we saved our Masterwork Map, walking away with 8 mythical blueprints and 7000 gold! I was so happy!

So, I wanted to give a VERY special thanks to Jat, Dollie, and the dev team for that slight fix. It might not work for the pillaring, but it at least gives people a CHANCE to work around it.

Also, can't include screenshot because upload limit, unfortunately.

Edited by Dragonchampion
  • Like 2

Sometimes it needs to be done to block idiocy. We have an island we have been using from the beginning that is just chock full of iron nodes. Only has two or three beach access points. The original people for the first month that had settled there were give along to get along types. Then we got invaded by the box people. Who then proceeded to build inane structures over spawn points and started trying to block beach access to the interior. After a couple went into decay we demolished and pillared the rest with stone pillars so spawns wouldn't be affected. We are still plagued by one guy who will search for any opening and put up animal catchers (single wood pillar with ceiling tile on top) to make moving the larger tames a pita. But if we hadn't made access lanes from the iron fields to the beach they would have walled it in.

3 minutes ago, UnknownSystemError said:

Sometimes it needs to be done to block idiocy.

Unfortunately, I agree with you there, but you at least build ramps to mountains in the territory you block so people can do maps, right?

The pillars we have put down wouldn't block digging up a map, and  none would stop people from putting stuff to get up slopes. More your problem would be getting up there to find someone had put a house down.

14 minutes ago, UnknownSystemError said:

The pillars we have put down wouldn't block digging up a map, and  none would stop people from putting stuff to get up slopes. More your problem would be getting up there to find someone had put a house down.

You say that, but I cannot implore you enough to try making some ramps up to mountains in areas you pillar. It'd really help those of us who travel 10-15 squares away to do rare maps.

• Like 1

have you put a little thought into that?

apart from idiots that randomly spam pillars to annoy you all other people do it that raiders cant place tame/cannons next to your base... a ramp to let raiders next to your base or angle their cannons is stupid... that said it is also done to prevent fobs on your island...

2 hours ago, UnknownSystemError said:

Sometimes it needs to be done to block idiocy

Exactly the same here, I hate foundation spamming, yet, it's the only counter from other players building daft structures like taming pens, right outside your main gate etc.  We have preserved a beach treasure point, and plenty of resource nodes by placing our own foundations around.  Prior to this, we found buildings, or walls around nodes, or ransom shacks (as we call them) where someone builds an enclosure around a treasure point, and actually charge gold to allow them in with their bears.......... damn straight we tore it down when the timer run dry.  Better our own controlled spam, than spam from trolls.  As we're active, we're absolutely here to help if people need to build.  I have already cleared an area for small company to call home.  I have no issue with that, just have issues with people with a pre-wipe mentality, of spam = power.

Edited by Vorxius

27 minutes ago, Captain Stabbin said:

It’s lawless!  Stop trying to make laws in a lawless zone!

Find yourself a nice home and just avoid spammed areas!

Ahhh we live in lawless......  it's SPAM, or be spammed ! 

PS I REALLY REALLY hate spam, even my own.

Can’t speak for PVP, but for PVE pillar spam IS the new flag system....  until they change the system to something like the original flag system with limits on the number of flags you can have for example, pillars are the new system and there is nothing the devs can do to change that meta....