Sign in to follow this  
Robert Tyburne

Server Queues Please

6 minutes ago, NerdyTimes said:

and of course....big streamers are playing it without ANY issue. 

why is that you ask?

its a marketing strategy.  BIG streamers get their game in front of hundreds of thousands of people.

We of course as smaller streamers, did we get a key? Of course not.  And we people who paid 25.00 cant get in?  Of course we can't and we have to wait just like everyone else.

gotta love marketing

I don't know what "we" category you're talking about there for smaller streamers. I'm a smaller streamer and did get a key. Wasn't prior to release, but I did get one at launch through keymailer.

Getting bigger streamers onboard is a part of the marketing strategy, which looks like it's working. But again, we're talking about an Early Access title here, not a full release candidate.

Edited by Robert Tyburne
grammar
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, NerdyTimes said:

and of course....big streamers are playing it without ANY issue. 

why is that you ask?

its a marketing strategy.  BIG streamers get their game in front of hundreds of thousands of people.

We of course as smaller streamers, did we get a key? Of course not.  And we people who paid 25.00 cant get in?  Of course we can't and we have to wait just like everyone else.

gotta love marketing

Most streamers I see are either experiencing bugs or are crashing out or still in server list. I hardly see anyone really getting to play much of the game. Would like a link with someone actually streaming this game to get a visual on what it's like.

• Like 1

I did see someone mention that streamers were on private servers. Was that just the person confusing this with the closed branch that was available prerelease, or do we actually have access to server files already?

7 minutes ago, Robert Tyburne said:

I did see someone mention that streamers were on private servers. Was that just the person confusing this with the closed branch that was available prerelease, or do we actually have access to server files already?

Haven't seen or heard of them being available yet. I know in the future they will be up but highly doubt it's accessible this early due to all the congestion with logins.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Robert Tyburne said:

They mentioned on twitter that they're working to get dedicated server files out asasp, so my guess would be no 😕

Wish they were though, just want to try it out

• Thanks 1

So i just bought this game... with Big shoutouts by the creators that there will be 40k Players on a Server? 😄 and then i see... there are "possible" up to 255 Sersv, not one...

Fom these 255 Servers are 15 running in EU PvE Master. And all of them are NOT working.

If this game is really from the same Dudes as Ark is... didn't they learn ANYTHING from Ark?... How dumb can people be to NOT learn something...

Right now the 15 Servers say 0/150 Players, and still not possible to connect.

I have 2 Hours to play the game before i cannot refund it on Steam. I'll bet its impossible to play just 5 Minutes while the Gamer runs 2 Hours just trying to connect to a server.

What are they talking about in their offices? "Hey lets talk about big numbers in the game and inverst 293486743764 US$ in Marketing".... but then use just a couple of bucks for a hand full of obvious virtualized minimal machines for the servers? 😄

I love this game it was worth it! im getting my money worth trying to connect to the servers!

1 hour ago, Robert Tyburne said:

It wasn't entirely unexpected that there'd be crowding in order to log onto the servers. However, I'd at the very least like to have some sort of queue put in there so I don't have to keep manually checking every few minutes to see if I can get in.

Could already be working on that, but that'd be my first bit of feedback for the devs.

20181222150209_1.jpg

Nope, you are going to have to mash A like everyone else and not sleep for two days

2 minutes ago, Realist said:

Nope, you are going to have to mash A like everyone else and not sleep for two days

Able to get to map screen without issues. Only problem now is the "connection timeout" from joining. Slowly getting there, should be a matter of time. Also, are you running controller for this game? I don't know anyone mashing "A" to join???

6 minutes ago, CptPlateau said:

So i just bought this game... with Big shoutouts by the creators that there will be 40k Players on a Server? 😄 and then i see... there are "possible" up to 255 Sersv, not one...

Fom these 255 Servers are 15 running in EU PvE Master. And all of them are NOT working.

If this game is really from the same Dudes as Ark is... didn't they learn ANYTHING from Ark?... How dumb can people be to NOT learn something...

Right now the 15 Servers say 0/150 Players, and still not possible to connect.

I have 2 Hours to play the game before i cannot refund it on Steam. I'll bet its impossible to play just 5 Minutes while the Gamer runs 2 Hours just trying to connect to a server.

What are they talking about in their offices? "Hey lets talk about big numbers in the game and inverst 293486743764 US$ in Marketing".... but then use just a couple of bucks for a hand full of obvious virtualized minimal machines for the servers? 😄

Each server is a cluster of smaller servers. Each grid on the map looks like it's being served by a server. Think it changes a bit with the Freeports since players start there. A player limit is also there for each grid since the smaller server would tank if it was suddenly crammed with players. Probable that this is a part of the problem we're seeing right now, despite the extra power in the Freeports. Not saying it's entirely that, but probably a part of it.

As for the refund limit, just stay off of Atlas for awhile. Which I'd think the folks that are crying foul and that Wildcard hasn't learned anything from Ark's development would at least be able to take that information and go play something else.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Robert Tyburne said:

As for the refund limit, just stay off of Atlas for awhile. Which I'd think the folks that are crying foul and that Wildcard hasn't learned anything from Ark's development would at least be able to take that information and go play something else.

Logic is for the weak!

• Like 1

Sure absolutely right xD Seems to be normal today to make marketing for a game praying "we are god... we can handle 40k+ gamers"... then launch lately and on top too dumb to handle 400 gamers 😄 instead of 4k or 40k 😄 and the solution? yeah, please pay for the game, and then just wait after buying it a couple of days before you can play it.... 

Wrong World? Or just as intelligent as Trump to vindicate such startups of... how can you describe this release... a bunch of admins working like apes with advanced down syndrom?

11 minutes ago, Link491 said:

Able to get to map screen without issues. Only problem now is the "connection timeout" from joining. Slowly getting there, should be a matter of time. Also, are you running controller for this game? I don't know anyone mashing "A" to join???

No, I am not a pc gamer. I use my terminology 

• Sad 1

Just now, Link491 said:

Anyone else seeing v2.0 on the game, but showing servers "servers 2.1" ?? Is this a typo?

They tweeted about it, 2.1 is just a serverside patch, nothing on our end. So wether you see 2.0 or 2.1 on your game, it doesn't matter

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

still no luck 1 hr in getting joining failed Connection Timeout! I guess i will try tomorrow 😐😡

1 hour ago, Robert Tyburne said:

It wasn't entirely unexpected that there'd be crowding in order to log onto the servers. However, I'd at the very least like to have some sort of queue put in there so I don't have to keep manually checking every few minutes to see if I can get in.

Could already be working on that, but that'd be my first bit of feedback for the devs.

20181222150209_1.jpg

An obvious oversight. I'm all for it. 

• Like 1

Oh it would be so nice if we didnt keep getting the connection timeout and it just held us in a queue...

• Like 1

Hi! it is not necessary to update to 2.1 because it is an internal update. With 2.0 it will work when the servers really allow us to play.

36 minutes ago, Ms Moses said:

Oh it would be so nice if we didnt keep getting the connection timeout and it just held us in a queue...

Ark players have been begging for the feature for literally almost four years. They don't care. Maybe after this debacle they will.