DexteR Maclean

Nerf or get rid of torpedos

14k damage torpedo's is more then insane, you removed the explosive barrels from cannons because it was to OP. But then add these that do 3x more damage and have long range.

Only big companies will have access to it since its locked. can blow up harbors and anchored boats no problem.

If this isn't nerfed in 1~2 weeks, I'll quit this game.  
The game has alot of potential, but you guys seem to just want it to fail lolz...........

Edited by DexteR Maclean
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have built underwater structures to protect my ships from them.

• Like 1

Totally called that they would try and "balance" them by making them expensive, as if that as ever worked in an game ever. 

4 hours ago, globytheoldpirate said:

The price is really really big, not really a problem imo

That makes it worst. The only people with access to them are larger companies. 

One broadside of torpedoes sinks your ship. It wipes out all the planks on one side, and your decks. It is beyond stupid.

To make it even worst, the torpedo boat is really light, since it isn't carrying a tonne of cannonballs and repairs for prolonged battle. So torpedo boats are going to be faster, they can sail up on you, fire one salvo of torpedoes and sink you. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pyrate27 said:

That makes it worst. The only people with access to them are larger companies. 

One broadside of torpedoes sinks your ship. It wipes out all the planks on one side, and your decks. It is beyond stupid.

To make it even worst, the torpedo boat is really light, since it isn't carrying a tonne of cannonballs and repairs for prolonged battle. So torpedo boats are going to be faster, they can sail up on you, fire one salvo of torpedoes and sink you. 

I will wipe your planks with my brig too, I don't even need torpedoes. War gallies with mastecraft cannons + will sink your brig in 1 broadside too. 

Torpedoes are extremely expensive. 

Btw how do you sink anchored boat in an enclosed harbor with torpedo?

Edited by Willard

1 hour ago, Willard said:

I will wipe your planks with my brig too, I don't even need torpedoes. War gallies with mastecraft cannons + will sink your brig in 1 broadside too. 

Torpedoes are extremely expensive. 

Btw how do you sink anchored boat in an enclosed harbor with torpedo?

You can counter a ship with cannons, even masterwork ones , you can't counter a schooner just sailing up and taking out your entire ship, deck and all.

Cost is not and should never be a balancing decision. You can't just balance things by making them cost a lot.

You could use torpedoes to sink anchored boats the same way you can without torpedoes. Armor up, sail in and watch the chaos. If ships can get out, ships can get in. My personal favourite is a 300% resist schooner with 3 extra decks made of ceilings to soak up mortars and cannons shooting from towers, a couple players on cannons and you can take down ships pretty fast. With torpedoes you could carry a lot more repair materials and sink ships a lot faster.

Go watch a video of torpedoes, they are broken.

1 minute ago, Reonhato said:

You can counter a ship with cannons, even masterwork ones , you can't counter a schooner just sailing up and taking out your entire ship, deck and all.

Cost is not and should never be a balancing decision. You can't just balance things by making them cost a lot.

You could use torpedoes to sink anchored boats the same way you can without torpedoes. Armor up, sail in and watch the chaos. If ships can get out, ships can get in. My personal favourite is a 300% resist schooner with 3 extra decks made of ceilings to soak up mortars and cannons shooting from towers, a couple players on cannons and you can take down ships pretty fast. With torpedoes you could carry a lot more repair materials and sink ships a lot faster.

Go watch a video of torpedoes, they are broken.

Can you link me some of those videos? Patch is out for 2 days, i can't find many torpedo videos.

3 minutes ago, Willard said:

Can you link me some of those videos? Patch is out for 2 days, i can't find many torpedo videos.

https://clips.twitch.tv/GleamingRichSwallowVoteYea

This one was posted to reddit just now

2 torpedoes taking out 5 non leaking planks, making another one leak and taking out the deck.

Edited by Reonhato

23 minutes ago, Reonhato said:

https://clips.twitch.tv/GleamingRichSwallowVoteYea

This one was posted to reddit just now

2 torpedoes taking out 5 non leaking planks, making another one leak and taking out the deck.

Thx, I'll check it.

Edit: Okay, they have 7,2k HP planks which is poor. First torpedo didn't even make planks to leak. Second one destroys them. It means around 4k dmg with a torpedo. We don't know what resistance that schooner has and we don't know what dmg that enemy schooner had. 

Deck destruction? All our brigs don't have this lowest deck because it's not necessary, how do you know the deck was there? 

Moreover if you see their ship HP it is clear it was heavily damaged before those torpedoes.

Conclusion is you can't judge torpedoes upon this video. Im not advocating it, I just want more data 🙂

Edited by Willard

How much damage does one make against stone structures?

And can we get torpedo nets for our anchored ships or ports?

Ok I've just checked that streamers previous video and I agree, thats too much. They pretty much got sunken by 5 torpedoes. Shipdeck was actually there, it was at 23k HP and those 2 torpedoes destroyed it. 

Edited by Willard

I pretty much refuse to participate in ship combat again until something is done about this bullshit.

Damage is ridiculous. Reload timer is ridiculous, the amount of torpedos you can put on a single broadside is ridiculous. 

I mean, the concept is cool.. but you need to treat them like long distance but bigger aoe spike shot... not freakin mini-nukes.

Dafuq devs?

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

4 hours ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

I pretty much refuse to participate in ship combat again until something is done about this bullshit.

Damage is ridiculous. Reload timer is ridiculous, the amount of torpedos you can put on a single broadside is ridiculous. 

I mean, the concept is cool.. but you need to treat them like long distance but bigger aoe spike shot... not freakin mini-nukes.

Dafuq devs?

Schooners will be able to sink mythical galleons without problems 😄

7 hours ago, lordkhan4444 said:

enki did you ever get your revenge on escobar? hahaha

Well, i ended up becoming the war general again for my old group. i tracked down all saints and sinner outposts and their main base.. i  was going to obliterate everything in one swoop.. but i thought id be nice since my feud wasnt with all of you.. so i let patchy know what was about to happen, and told him if they get rid of crete id let them keep their islands and ships... but then i found out the saints and sinners were part of an alliance we had a treaty with to help fight the chinese with us... so i have to hold off until the war with the chinese reaches its conclusion, the treaty between alliances break up, or crete has another psychotic episode and gets his group expelled from his alliance. Either way, his time will come. 

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

1 hour ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

Well, i ended up becoming the war general again for my old group. i tracked down all saints and sinner outposts and their main base.. i  was going to obliterate everything in one swoop.. but i thought id be nice since my feud wasnt with all of you.. so i let patchy know what was about to happen, and told him if they get rid of crete id let them keep their islands and ships... but then i found out the saints and sinners were part of an alliance we had a treaty with to help fight the chinese with us... so i have to hold off until the war with the chinese reaches its conclusion, the treaty between alliances break up, or crete has another psychotic episode and gets his group expelled from his alliance. Either way, his time will come. 

How do you become a war general. Do you get steam achievement for it ? And what is a difference between war general and peace general?

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

Dafuq devs?

Yeah, I've stopped sailing and now pretty much gonna quit playing until something is done.  There either needs to be a huge nerf to these or anti-torpedo measures like a skill that allows you to spot it to dodge it easily, drop countermeasures for it to hit and AI auto fire grape shot to stop them from harbor diving.  I heard some walled in port had 40+ ships sunk by 1-2 boats with torps, that's the definition of overpowered, just remove them from the game until more thought is put into them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, simplejacksparrow said:

Yeah, I've stopped sailing and now pretty much gonna quit playing until something is done.  There either needs to be a huge nerf to these or anti-torpedo measures like a skill that allows you to spot it to dodge it easily, drop countermeasures for it to hit and AI auto fire grape shot to stop them from harbor diving.  I heard some walled in port had 40+ ships sunk by 1-2 boats with torps, that's the definition of overpowered, just remove them from the game until more thought is put into them.

they have to do something eventually. I will keep playing, hopefully it doesn't take as long as the explosive barrels did to fix. Im spending my time running freighters till then. Ship combat is just so broken with torpedos the way they are so i won't be wasting mats building bp ships till shits fixed.

I already quit the game, i just wanted to see the response of how stupid this update is. So far i expected as much. Total waste of time this game was.

• Like 1

Yep as of today, I am out as well. Might roll a new toon sometimes in the  future somewhere.

• Like 1

One torpedo deletes 3-5 planks, hitting for 9-11k. Most major companies are now just rolling schooners with full torpedo build.

theyve broken the game and ruined ship combat, full stop.

Edited by Goombay

4 hours ago, Goombay said:

One torpedo deletes 3-5 planks, hitting for 9-11k. Most major companies are now just rolling schooners with full torpedo build.

theyve broken the game and ruined ship combat, full stop. 

I find this so hard to believe a company would just stick out a torpedo heavy damage like this then turn around nerf it to lower values. There is no creative thinking here at all. We warned them torpedo's was not the way to go, but they still insisted. What will the numbers look like now? official and Unofficial. Sorry to say but i predicted this. The tames are boring people already, reddit and so many others are expressing their distaste for it all.

Here 5% see what happens now.. https://steamcharts.com/app/834910

Edited by Sneakydude
Additional infomation.

7 hours ago, Sneakydude said:

I find this so hard to believe a company would just stick out a torpedo heavy damage like this then turn around nerf it to lower values. There is no creative thinking here at all. We warned them torpedo's was not the way to go, but they still insisted. What will the numbers look like now? official and Unofficial. Sorry to say but i predicted this. The tames are boring people already, reddit and so many others are expressing their distaste for it all.

Here 5% see what happens now.. https://steamcharts.com/app/834910

they seem to have lost their way a bit  with the games content and what players were expecting , we want less focus on tames and more focus on meaningful crew interactions (abilitie to give them any weapons have them fight along side us, have them farm resources with us  instead of relying on tames ), we want more ship types , sail types , more weapon types , more sea based content , if they dont get there act together even the console crowd when its released wont stick about long , 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UDO said:

they seem to have lost their way a bit  with the games content and what players were expecting , we want less focus on tames and more focus on meaningful crew interactions (abilitie to give them any weapons have them fight along side us, have them farm resources with us  instead of relying on tames ), we want more ship types , sail types , more weapon types , more sea based content , if they dont get there act together even the console crowd when its released wont stick about long , 

Yes they have and the numbers are dropping more over night. See what it goes by after the end of this month. Already down another 1.5% over night.