Sign in to follow this  
Kansalis

Repeated crashing with "D3D device being lost" errors

Since around 2 weeks ago (I don't recall exactly when it started), the game has been crashing with errors similar to the screenshot below. Before that time I almost never had any client crashes at all. I have tried the verify files option in Steam multiple times. This morning I uninstalled the game completely and manually deleted the remaining cache files & the whole ATLAS folder. Less than 5 minutes after logging into the game for the first time it crashed again.

Sometimes I can stay logged in for an hour or so, other times it will crash every 5-10 minutes.This happens randomly on any island in any grid. It doesn't seem to happen while out at sea (fortunately!).

My system: RTX 2080 ti, driver version 430.86. Intel i7 6700K. Windows 10 Pro fully up to date.

Before this crashing started I was able to run will all setting at max with no issues. I have been gradually lowering the graphics settings & turning off all types of post-processing etc & so far it still crashes

unknown.png

Same here,   it got really bad for me after the last update I received yesterday, 207 I believe.   It is most likely to crash for me when I am in an inventory screen of one kind or another.  I updated my drivers after it happened and it still crashes.

I was also getting this with the latest driver as well as recoverable driver crashes which would just kill the game with no error. I rolled back the Nvidia driver to one from February.

For me,   the solution was to uninstall my video card drivers and reinstall them.   Works fine now.    Hmmmm

I rolled my drivers back to 425.31. It's better but still crashes occasionally.

Mine has been crashing today,   but while at sea,   unnerving to do that.   I had this issue before, in inventory screens,  and a uninstall of my video card drivers and reinstall, fixed the problem.   This time,   it has not.