UDO

fishing net ????

correct me if i am wrong but doesn't the description imply that it will catch fish on it own after its cast , whats with the stupid mini game pressing keys on keyboard i can catch fish faster with a bow ,in no way does the fishing net they have implemented catch fish automatically or even at a rate that makes it worthwhile

automatically (with reference to a device or process) by itself with little or no direct human control.
"the kettle automatically switched off when it boiled"

automatically adverb (INDEPENDENTLY) B2 If a machine or device does something automatically, it does it independently, without human control:

Definition of automatically - (with reference to a device or process) by itself with little or no direct human control, without conscious thought or attention;

• Fishing Net: Can only be used when sitting. Equips on the back slot. Will begin automatically catch fish when boat has met minimum sailing minimum velocity
Edited by UDO

2 hours ago, UDO said:

correct me if i am wrong but doesn't the description imply that it will catch fish on it own after its cast , whats with the stupid mini game pressing keys on keyboard i can catch fish faster with a bow ,in no way does the fishing net they have implemented catch fish automatically or even at a rate that makes it worthwhile

automatically (with reference to a device or process) by itself with little or no direct human control.
"the kettle automatically switched off when it boiled"

automatically adverb (INDEPENDENTLY) B2 If a machine or device does something automatically, it does it independently, without human control:

Definition of automatically - (with reference to a device or process) by itself with little or no direct human control, without conscious thought or attention;

• Fishing Net: Can only be used when sitting. Equips on the back slot. Will begin automatically catch fish when boat has met minimum sailing minimum velocity

Yeah that is what the other guy was saying in his post. His was a little more comical, but yeah, it was probably something they wanted to do but found out they couldn’t successfully implement it so they tried to pass this off.

And me i use one Time and it s keep saying  net cannot reach sée from here? Galleon with chair on every floor and one at thé limite ouside 

2 hours ago, gimpbrush said:

And me i use one Time and it s keep saying  net cannot reach sée from here? Galleon with chair on every floor and one at thé limite ouside 

i haven't tested with galleon yet will do that and report my findings

You guys are missing a key word right there 'begin', ofc it will start auto but to finish it off needs human interaction, it could've been worded differently however 😛

1 hour ago, KarmaComa said:

You guys are missing a key word right there 'begin', ofc it will start auto but to finish it off needs human interaction, it could've been worded differently however 😛

the begin fishing is the human interaction , automatically catch fish is the automatic part when correct velocity is met .... not have to cast it then sit there then press stupid buttons to catch fish ......

there is nothing automatic about it in any shape or form

not to mention the amount you get is a waste of time , 6 fish at best per catch , i can get more than that with a bow from one fish , not to mention it uses sap as bait so pound for pound cheaper and faster to use a bow if u want fish 

Edited by UDO
  • Thanks 1

The only difference between a fishing rod and a fishing net is the net can be used when the boat is moving, in other words its useless. 

• Like 1

only if your alone in boat, gave me something to do while i was riding a boat to a power stone run, i like it.

6 minutes ago, Remo said:

only if your alone in boat, gave me something to do while i was riding a boat to a power stone run, i like it.

Does it atleast catch 10x more fish? If not then I would rather be bored lol

I have an npc on my steering wheel and grapple flotsam on my journeys, while watching for sotd and enemy boats essential pass times on a pvp server, sitting in a chair playing a mini game would be asking to get sunk

My crew likes it for passing time while sailing, except we cant seem to get it to work on a galleon

We have been using it on a Gally. We set the chair right at the edge where the sides are at the lowest point. We do have some ramps installed there as well not sure if that is making a difference or not. As far as being able to watch for ships etc you can fish in “k” mode 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, natclanwy said:

We have been using it on a Gally. We set the chair right at the edge where the sides are at the lowest point. We do have some ramps installed there as well not sure if that is making a difference or not. As far as being able to watch for ships etc you can fish in “k” mode 

Thank you for being a tester and not a player. We have some thankless people here so you are among the good ones 👍

3 hours ago, natclanwy said:

I will give that a try. Was thinking of trying a lower gun port next too (I play pve so no guns anyways)

Another big BS in game... would be good if they add real fishing nets in game so i can put those near shipyard or or beach.. I think about fun we can only dream in this game.

(I hate mini games )

On 6/2/2019 at 5:57 PM, KarmaComa said:

firstly it doesnt start automatically ,and secondly it doesnt fish automatically , there is nothing automatic about the way it works , have u even tried it ? 

all it is a fishing rod with a net skin ,and it doesnt catch much either , waste of time and effort to use , 

if they want to add a fishing net do it properly as in a proper drag net , we cast it over board and it catches fish as we sail , we then drag it in when its full, 

but we all know this is the what we got given and this is all it will ever be ,

Edited by UDO

22 hours ago, Realist said:

Does it atleast catch 10x more fish? If not then I would rather be bored lol

no 6 fish on average per cast 

• Like 1

On 6/3/2019 at 2:40 PM, UDO said:

no 6 fish on average per cast 

6 fish meat or 6 random fish?

On a side note, a good way to fix these would be to let NPC crew use fishing nets and rods.

1 hour ago, gadefence said:

6 fish meat or 6 random fish?

On a side note, a good way to fix these would be to let NPC crew use fishing nets and rods.

6 fish meat , and a bit of gold i think i got 2 gold from 2 casts