Sign in to follow this  
kampfer91

The Ice Box .

Do you put the ice in a preserving bag?  I was unable to put food items in the fridge, which would make sense to me. 

A stack of 100 ice should last around 2 weeks in a perserving bag, not bad considering how much it increases spoil times (cooked prime meat last 2 days) 

It’s a little buggy in the preserving bag. When I was conducting some tests, sometimes it acted as salt, with salt preservation times and the salt animation.

On 6/2/2019 at 7:54 AM, Realist said:

Nah, screw that. Even 5 is stupid. Water freezes at 32 degrees and a lot of people on here want sailing close as can be to reality so I expect my water to freeze at 32 degrees.

and actually have anything lower than 30 degrees is completely stupid. This isn’t something that was a mistake they made. They can’t be that stupid to make a mistake like this.

either make everything else in the game as fake as this or make it to where even 32 degrees will make ice. Very stupid decision.

In reality, the temp is in degrees Celsius so that being said, 0 degrees Celsius is equal to 32 degrees Fahrenheit, at least in the EU servers 

6 minutes ago, Sir Snatch said:

In reality, the temp is in degrees Celsius so that being said, 0 degrees Celsius is equal to 32 degrees Fahrenheit, at least in the EU servers 

Well my buddy boomer said that salt water doesn’t freeze until 28 degrees Fahrenheit, so even the under water crap doesn’t make sense.

its time to figure it out

1 hour ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Is there a bug with the ice acting like salt?  Mentioned above, and then ignored.

i don't know what you mean , Ice extend all food inside the preserving bag .

I really dont like the implementation. I was looking forward to harvest some ice in polar.

NOW u would need an outpost for idle generation of it.

Everyone will CHEESE it on the ocean floor instead. (Idle is idle, why transport it, finally a use for the crab again)

When this get fixed we have another flame arrow/wolf in the game!

6 hours ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Is there a bug with the ice acting like salt?  Mentioned above, and then ignored.

So far i had ice act like salt, act like nothing was in, and only in one case it actually worked as intended.. but only on some of the food in the bag... 

4 minutes ago, Grongash said:

So far i had ice act like salt, act like nothing was in, and only in one case it actually worked as intended.. but only on some of the food in the bag... 

Make sure you dont have any salt in the bags, you cant combine ice and salt, the salt will just perserve the ice and the ice wont do anything

2 minutes ago, jabnlab said:

Make sure you dont have any salt in the bags, you cant combine ice and salt, the salt will just perserve the ice and the ice wont do anything

So ice can be used to preserve meats instead of making salty meats. Easy tigers breeding, fuck yea!

Edited by gnihar

1 minute ago, jabnlab said:

I did that, thanks 🙂 Still had that weird bug 😕

On 6/2/2019 at 10:35 PM, jabnlab said:

We set up 2 ice boxes in our tundra out post, had 150 ice between the 2 in 24 hrs

very similar to mine 2 ice boxes 200-300 from sunday evening into monday evening considering the time they last thats not too bad and will keep what i need from spoiling far longer than the salt ever will , so im pleased with the ice maker 

Edited by UDO

How do you build underwater?

I tried this, wont let you build it under water.

I managed to build a ocean house....waves roll through and it freezes then....but it's only some the time shows activated, and had to place when wave was not there....