Sign in to follow this  
kampfer91

The Ice Box .

The ice box only make Ice when temperature drop below 0 which is a problem cus in Tundra such temperature only last for a few mins during night and you can only make 1 cube per 15 mins , very slow .

Only in polar where it constantly under 0 that the ice box actually make ice .

And yet  for player , when temperature hit at 5 they already freeze to death .

I suggest increase temperature threshold to make ice , like 5 instead of 0 and ice should be make faster .

10 hours ago, kampfer91 said:

The ice box only make Ice when temperature drop below 0 which is a problem cus in Tundra such temperature only last for a few mins during night and you can only make 1 cube per 15 mins , very slow .

Only in polar where it constantly under 0 that the ice box actually make ice .

And yet  for player , when temperature hit at 5 they already freeze to death .

I suggest increase temperature threshold to make ice , like 5 instead of 0 and ice should be make faster .

Nah, screw that. Even 5 is stupid. Water freezes at 32 degrees and a lot of people on here want sailing close as can be to reality so I expect my water to freeze at 32 degrees.

and actually have anything lower than 30 degrees is completely stupid. This isn’t something that was a mistake they made. They can’t be that stupid to make a mistake like this.

either make everything else in the game as fake as this or make it to where even 32 degrees will make ice. Very stupid decision.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Realist said:

Nah, screw that. Even 5 is stupid. Water freezes at 32 degrees and a lot of people on here want sailing close as can be to reality so I expect my water to freeze at 32 degrees.

and actually have anything lower than 30 degrees is completely stupid. This isn’t something that was a mistake they made. They can’t be that stupid to make a mistake like this.

either make everything else in the game as fake as this or make it to where even 32 degrees will make ice. Very stupid decision.

Fresh water freezes at 32 degrees. Salt water does not.  If they wanted to make it realistic, at what temperature the water freezes would depend on whether you got it from a fresh or salt water source. Per the NOAA, saltwater freezes at about 28.4 degrees. (I always said 28.45319876,  but those jerks at the NOAA are lazy and just round off. Bunch of savages I say).

Just now, boomervoncannon said:

Fresh water freezes at 32 degrees. Salt water does not.  If they wanted to make it realistic, at what temperature the water freezes would depend on whether you got it from a fresh or salt water source. Per the NOAA, saltwater freezes at about 28.4 degrees. (I always said 28.45319876,  but those jerks at the NOAA are lazy and just round off. Bunch of savages I say).

Boomer.... if they can’t even get fresh water right what makes you think they can actually pull off making 2 different mechanics work? 

I am trying to keep things simple for them because they need that. Don’t start asking for all this extra stuff now.

but for the sake of easiness for them we can make both fresh and salt water freeze at 28 degrees and everything should be fine. I hope.

2 minutes ago, Realist said:

Boomer.... if they can’t even get fresh water right what makes you think they can actually pull off making 2 different mechanics work? 

I am trying to keep things simple for them because they need that. Don’t start asking for all this extra stuff now.

but for the sake of easiness for them we can make both fresh and salt water freeze at 28 degrees and everything should be fine. I hope.

Lol, sounds good to me, but yeah, the main thing is the icebox needs to work a little better and making it produce ice at a more realistic temp, be that 32 F or 28 F (remember, the rest of the world uses metric, which imo, we should be too), would be both those things.

3 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Lol, sounds good to me, but yeah, the main thing is the icebox needs to work a little better and making it produce ice at a more realistic temp, be that 32 F or 28 F (remember, the rest of the world uses metric, which imo, we should be too), would be both those things.

I don’t think I could do metric. There is something about me going outside on a 100 F day and saying wow this is a really hot 37 degrees C.

it is the 100 that really lets you know it’s 100. I think with temperature at least our system is better because the numbers actually feel right when you physically experience it.

as far as kilometers, meters and so forth I wouldn’t have a problem using those measurements.

they aren’t taking my guns or my Fahrenheit damn it!!!

Just now, Realist said:

I don’t think I could do metric. There is something about me going outside on a 100 F day and saying wow this is a really hot 37 degrees C.

it is the 100 that really lets you know it’s 100. I think with temperature at least our system is better because the numbers actually feel right when you physically experience it.

as far as kilometers, meters and so forth I wouldn’t have a problem using those measurements.

they aren’t taking my guns or my Fahrenheit damn it!!!

It's all really just about what you're used to. My longest running internet friend lives north of you in Sasketchewan and she sends me texts in January and Feb. saying things like "High today -38 C" Sounds pretty @#%$ing cold to me. I get her back in August when I say stuff like "humidity here today 4000%"

1 minute ago, boomervoncannon said:

It's all really just about what you're used to. My longest running internet friend lives north of you in Sasketchewan and she sends me texts in January and Feb. saying things like "High today -38 C" Sounds pretty @#%$ing cold to me. I get her back in August when I say stuff like "humidity here today 4000%"

Yeah I get the whole being used to it thing. That does sound very cold and a good indicator of how cold something is.

ok I got it. The people in cold areas should use Celsius and the people in hotter areas should keep Fahrenheit. 👍

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Realist said:

Yeah I get the whole being used to it thing. That does sound very cold and a good indicator of how cold something is.

ok I got it. The people in cold areas should use Celsius and the people in hotter areas should keep Fahrenheit. 👍

Your idea. You go explain to the Middle East why they should start using the temperature system of the "Great Satan" Just wear lots of kevlar when you do, and take protection, preferably in the form of M1 Abrams main battle tanks. Also I'd take air support too. 

Image result for how do you get 100 drunk and rowdy canadians out of a pool? meme

yes it works underwater... you just have to build it there... wehre its cold enouth....

so you may have to dive 50-100m

we have a "frige" like 2-3 galleons deep right below our harbour

Edited by Aasimar

31 minutes ago, Aasimar said:

yes it works underwater... you just have to build it there... wehre its cold enouth....

so you may have to dive 50-100m

we have a "frige" like 2-3 galleons deep right below our harbour

The sad part about that is you have to put it underwater 😂😂😂

6 minutes ago, Realist said:

The sad part about that is you have to put it underwater 😂😂😂

I have never once been bitten by a shark when getting stuff out of my freezer. modern conveniance ftw.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jerryn said:

Plus, your number rounds to 28.5!   NOAA apparently can't even round correctly.  😄

*mumbles something about his number not all having been made up on the spot.*

Oh look! A thing!

*points somewhere else*

Uhm, are we talking about water not freezing above the freezing temperature? When they introduced it I thought it was about making ice somewhere else and take it to your base, like in polar you need heat from time to time. I didn’t know we would be able to make ice in tropical regions. 

We set up 2 ice boxes in our tundra out post, had 150 ice between the 2 in 24 hrs

22 minutes ago, jabnlab said:

We set up 2 ice boxes in our tundra out post, had 150 ice between the 2 in 24 hrs

Seems a little low

2 hours ago, jabnlab said:

(In Tundra)We set up 2 in our house and then just to see, one underwater in our harbor.  Harbor outproduced both of the house ones combined by far.  Just make sure if you put one under water, don't put it under your dock directly, house bonus actually is a thing under water.

Edited by Womba

36 minutes ago, Womba said:

(In Tundra)We set up 2 in our house and then just to see, one underwater in our harbor.  Harbor outproduced both of the house ones combined by far.  Just make sure if you put one under water, don't put it under your dock directly, house bonus actually is a thing under water.

That’s sad really 

How long does ice last in the ice box and how long does it extend the spoil time on things??

3 hours ago, seruum said:

How long does ice last in the ice box and how long does it extend the spoil time on things??

I believe ice has a spoil time of 12 hours in the icebox. The last time I looked at mine it had 44 ice in one slot, i'm not sure the max per slot. So basically you lose 2 ice per slot a day if the icebox is not being used to cool down the area.

I haven't tried using it to extend spoil timers yet.

• Thanks 1

The ice extend the spoil timer way more than salt .

A cooked recipe last 5 days with salt while with ice it last 50 days .

• Like 1