Sign in to follow this  
Rising

How to get Legendary or Mytical Shipyard?

since last week I been sailing around world digging up treasures of high quality lv.16+ looking for a mythical or legendary shipyard and I can not find it. The shipyard small or large are found on maps ? also because I only find weapons, clothing and armor.

No found part of ship (wall, celing, sails...) or shipyard.

Am I doing something wrong or is it just bad luck?

See na exemple below:

20190601172107-1.jpg

bad luck I guess, I once got one a while back but I cannot remember where I got it from. I threw it away immediately because it has 0 use to it so why exactly do you want it? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

bad luck I guess, I once got one a while back but I cannot remember where I got it from. I threw it away immediately because it has 0 use to it so why exactly do you want it?  

I have heard that the maximum level of the ship is based on the quality of the shipyard it was built.

• Like 1

Just now, Rising said:

I have heard that the maximum level of the ship is based on the quality of the shipyard it was built.

Oh really, it wasn’t like that at first, it was only durability. Then a month ago I saw a thread about what you’re saying and people told OP it wasn’t true, I hope it is true because that would be a good thing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Oh really, it wasn’t like that at first, it was only durability. Then a month ago I saw a thread about what you’re saying and people told OP it wasn’t true, I hope it is true because that would be a good thing.  

I always used vanilla items but after the game changes I thought it would be cool to try the higher quality items.

But I never had luck with rare items in any game lol

2 minutes ago, Rising said:

I always used vanilla items but after the game changes I thought it would be cool to try the higher quality items.

But I never had luck with rare items in any game lol

I was glad that the rare items aren’t as easy to make on Atlas as they are on ARK. If you don’t buy the items it can be a real challenge. 

Mentally. 

Edited by Percieval

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

I was glad that the rare items aren’t as easy to make on Atlas as they are on ARK. If you don’t buy the items it can be a real challenge. 

Mentally.  

In ARK I was not lucky too. then ATLAS will be impossible for me.

I traveled 8 grids and it was hell to face the Army of Damed level 76~98 alone I thought it would be worth it but it was a disappointment.

I did not even want gold just some BP from Shipyerd.

just gotta get lucky, we've found 2, 1 @ 258%, and one at 145% we actually bought a craft of someody that crafted at 219% we're hoping we get ships up to 150-151

I found Mytical bow 219% but I do not intend to use it now 😭. I will try i bit more.

Edited by Rising

2 hours ago, Rising said:

since last week I been sailing around world digging up treasures of high quality lv.16+ looking for a mythical or legendary shipyard and I can not find it. The shipyard small or large are found on maps ? also because I only find weapons, clothing and armor.

See na exemple below:

20190601172107-1.jpg

As a general rule.. ship stuff from ships.. land stuff from maps.  structure stuff from floating stuff.   So if you are wanting shipyards, gunports, planks, decks, cannons etc.. sink sotd, if you want carbines, pistols, armour etc do maps.  If you want better structure, use spyglass on the flotsam and do wrecks.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Shipyards do indeed drop from treasure maps and the purpose behind them is also to make higher level ships. The higher durability on the shipyard, the higher ship quality that comes out of it. The higher quality, the higher max level it can attain. The higher max level, the more points you have to customize. So they are indeed well worth it. Shipyards will also occasionally drop from shipwrecks and flotsam, but mythical I have gotten from higher level treasure maps so often now I am throwing away the lower durability ones because we will never make them when we have higher ones in storage already.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Martyn said:

As a general rule.. ship stuff from ships.. land stuff from maps.  structure stuff from floating stuff.   So if you are wanting shipyards, gunports, planks, decks, cannons etc.. sink sotd, if you want carbines, pistols, armour etc do maps.  If you want better structure, use spyglass on the flotsam and do wrecks. 

Before the wipe I stayed the whole week in a golden age sinking SOTD level 26 ~ 56 and never won any mythical item or quarquer shipyard !!!

Before it was easier to do this solo but now without the large cannons on the deck, SOTD pack and ramdon crash I will avoid going to fight for the time being.

Sometimes playing solo is tiring and frustrating.

Edited by Rising

In a weekend we made around 20...30 treasuremaps all around lvl 20 and 2k gold in. 

After that journey we had a mythical shipyard with 174% - should be enough for the beginning.

On 6/2/2019 at 2:29 AM, UnknownSystemError said:

Concensus is 30. I have personally had a 28.8 that we used 3 bears to do.

Nice. You play solo too?

On 6/2/2019 at 4:36 AM, trqfreak350 said:

Just keep mapping journeyman or masterwork is where we've found our mythical yard bps

Yes, I'm trying. I got a tiny mythical shipyard 170% lool

22 hours ago, Forb Hidden said:

In a weekend we made around 20...30 treasuremaps all around lvl 20 and 2k gold in. 

After that journey we had a mythical shipyard with 174% - should be enough for the beginning. 

I need to find someone to play this game. All the people I met playing ATLAS in pre-wipe on my island neighbors have already leave the game.

9 minutes ago, Rising said:

I need to find someone to play this game. All the people I met playing ATLAS in pre-wipe on my island neighbors have already leave the game.

I'm pretty sure you will find another company, mates and other people like you, who wants to share together a good time. Making achievements, exploring new regions and do all the other stuff together.

On 6/2/2019 at 1:01 AM, Rising said:

See na exemple below:

20190601172107-1.jpg

I found one Mythical Large Shipyard at A15, map quality was 18.5

I,m been hunting a lot maps and  mostly legendary stuff dropping with 10+ quality maps

Killing SoD high lvls u will get ship parts

U just need luck 🙂

The shipyard quality and the corresponding ship quality is a perfect example that grapeshot makes things unnecesssarily complicated.

As some1 mentioned before ship related blueprints can be found in sotd drops, shipyard blueprints comes from treasure maps.

It´s not the quality but the duration of a shipyard that matters. A mythical shipyard can have lower duration than a legendary one.

The higher the duration the better the resulting ship quality. And every +10% ship quality means +1 max lvl.

(Higher duration shipyards have way more carafting costs than lower ones!)

For example: 200% shipyard will produce 180% quality ships which can lvl up to lvl 50 instead of 42.

Why a 200% shipyard doesn´t drop a 200% ship....no one knows. Why doesn´t a shipyard work similiar to a blueprint, higher int will give higher chance to produce a better ship, no one knows. Why was the ship max lvl 51 before the wipe, now 42 with common ship yard, no one knows. Now u need a 210%+ shipyard to hit the old standard of lvl 51.

Mythical ship parts like planks, cannons and sails are incredibly rare because the high lvl ships espec lvl 50+ galleons are very rare. I´ve sunk hundreds of sotds and only found small planks and decks of mythical quality, which are pretty useless. I never found a mythical cannon or sail, 2k hours on my clock.

Last but not least: I´m looking for a 220%+ shipyard blueprint or just 1 crafting from it. Contact me, thank you 😎
  • Like 2

On 6/2/2019 at 1:50 AM, Martyn said:

Got my legendary large shipyard from Treasure map so not entirely true what u have posted, shipyard drop from maps along with armour, tools, 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rising said:

Nice. You play solo too?

Nope, I have a company with around 10 active members, 5-6 those on every day, more on other times.

Yes, I'm trying. I got a tiny mythical shipyard 170% lool

I just crafted a 199.16 large mythical for our second base.

Our handle is Crazy Gamers on PVE NA. Stop by in E6 or O5 and give a shout, someone is usually on. You may find a home.

• Thanks 1

OK, here how it works!

Shipyards --> maps

The higher the map the higher the ceiling of the rolls. For a native >180% i guess u need to do >22 qualtity maps. Maybe @DoubleHelixcan help.

Every Map in the Game is potential soloable. Just buy a bear with 1k HP and >=220% MD for ~5k gold. Or bread any high HP/mediocre MD bear and imprint it 100%.

The actual HP of the shipyard is determining the ship quality, REPAIR it before use.

With the max crafting bonus of 60% a BP with 177% can produce a 222% Shipyard.

Each 10% ship quality gives one max level.

The ship is 10% lower qualitiy then the durability of the shipyard (33k HP increment for large shipyard PER 1 level ? --> 663kHP for max ship level)

Hunting for/Building an own high level shipyard is a pain.

IF you can, try to buy a crafted one, or even ships made in them!

• Like 1

It is not exactly like this about the percentages. 220% shipyard will not give you max lvl ship. You need 221%+ . Why - I highly doubt that even the formula author in Grapeshot knows.