Kephka

Grand Tortugar

My company and I just finished taming one of these behemoths, however, we are struggling to find a real purpose for them.  They lack the necessary stamina for being underwater for any decent amount of time.  My thought was that they would be helpful in farming the ocean floor, however they do not harvest anything to my knowledge and lack the proper stamina even if they could.  I am curious if anyone has an idea as to what they are intended for?

Yeh a useless pvp mob.. useless in pve and probably in pvp unless you get lv 30 tames etc and breed them.   The other "dinos" are the same, they're all useless, both in pve and apparently in pvp tho the raptor thing probably is useful to a degree.

Sometimes I think Bethesda and Bioware are lending "talent" to grapeshot and wildcard.. for all the usefulness of some of the animals and dinos.

we tamed an 11, and it tamed at 16, sorely disappointed in the hours we spent looking for it lol 22 damage to a shark, it has high weight 2200 but really... i can't see a reason i'd use it.

we use ours for taking the team up power stone islands without a Fire elemental roasting our entire armored team

• Like 1

On 6/1/2019 at 9:26 PM, trqfreak350 said:

we tamed an 11, and it tamed at 16, sorely disappointed in the hours we spent looking for it lol 22 damage to a shark, it has high weight 2200 but really... i can't see a reason i'd use it.

This will be like the Giraffe.  Nobody wanted to waste time taming them, until they made them useful.  Not hard to figure out.  If it doesn't do anything for you, why waste time taming it?  Armored personnel carrier?  And it is probably slow AF, right?  Like the Diplo in ARK...probably the single most useless tame.  Yeah, it had room for 8, but why?  As slow as it was, it was absolutely useless as a transport.  The vast majority of people only tamed it for the taming achievement. 

I guess it has a use in PvP only as a land carrier during raids. It has insane amount of HP and dmg reduction + a lot of weight. 

How do you tame the Grand Tortugar? Our company wants one just to try the new creature for ourselves.

2 hours ago, y0himba said:

How do you tame the Grand Tortugar? Our company wants one just to try the new creature for ourselves.

standard bola tame, i think there preferred food is crustacean meat from the crabs although i have not had any on me to confirm it. other meats and vegetables should work according to the grey text when you bola it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Meerkat said:

standard bola tame, i think there preferred food is crustacean meat from the crabs although i have not had any on me to confirm it. other meats and vegetables should work according to the grey text when you bola it. 

Their

What I would use it for is when people are attacking your island you pull up under them and board their ship! Other then that picking up maps maybe?

~Lotus

3 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

That was bugging me too, but better you play spelling nazi than me.🤐

Earlier today, I saw where a woman used "aloud" in place of "allowed."  My left eye started twitching uncontrollably.

2 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Earlier today, I saw where a woman used "aloud" in place of "allowed."  My left eye started twitching uncontrollably.

My favorite teacher was my US history teacher in hs. She had a razor sharp wit and did not suffer fools gladly. There were 2 things you could do on any paper written for her class to earn an automatic F.  One was to misspell the word separate. The other was to fail to make a lot two separate words, ie alot. To this day I’m pretty sure I’ve never done either of those things just because of the fear of public ridicule in her class.

Godspeed Miss Wells.

2 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

My favorite teacher was my US history teacher in hs. She had a razor sharp wit and did not suffer fools gladly. There were 2 things you could do on any paper written for her class to earn an automatic F.  One was to misspell the word separate. The other was to fail to make a lot two separate words, ie alot. To this day I’m pretty sure I’ve never done either of those things just because of the fear of public ridicule in her class.

Godspeed Miss Wells.

The teachers who set the bar high, are the ones we remember the most.  We remember them more fondly than the ones who tried to be nice, and not expect much of you.  I think this is because, as we get older, we realize that the ones who set the bar high, are the ones who actually cared about you, while the ones who want to be nice, care more about themselves...thus they sacrifice what's best for you, in order to be liked.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Godspeed Miss Wells.

Did someone ever float 'irregardless' past her?  To this day, I want to put people in a chokehold when I hear that double negative.

51 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

The teachers who set the bar high, are the ones we remember the most.  We remember them more fondly than the ones who tried to be nice, and not expect much of you.  I think this is because, as we get older, we realize that the ones who set the bar high, are the ones who actually cared about you, while the ones who want to be nice, care more about themselves...thus they sacrifice what's best for you, in order to be liked.

I figure that sounds like a  good parent, too.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2019 at 9:47 PM, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Their

grammar fascist!

Like it or not, in this age of Internet grammar and spelling, I always made my children use complete words, proper punctuation, complete sentences and correct spelling.  I think they benefited from it. They look at Internet grammer as more of a joke than the way to type. 

• Like 1

Loose.

I see EVERYONE spelling lose as loose online thee days.  It drives me insane!

You lose your keys.

Your momma who has had 6 kids from different fathers is loose!

• Haha 2

i wish you luck in this battle, if that's your cross to bear. you will certainly have your hands full. lol

btw, it is "bear" not "bare" before you go looking it up 😉

Edited by Meerkat

During ROTC, this old Cajun Master Sergeant drawled, "If your commanding officer uses the word 'orientate', do not follow him."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

Your momma who has had 6 kids from different fathers is loose!

Likely in more ways than one.

Baa Zing!

2 hours ago, Kast said:

During ROTC, this old Cajun Master Sergeant drawled, "If your commanding officer uses the word 'orientate', do not follow him."

I got ten doubloons that say that old Master Sergeant was in Nam when fragging second lieutenants was a thing.

• Like 1