Sign in to follow this  
Saltydog920

I just want to play....Host pending Connection Timeout

We only try playing on unofficial servers. This has been an ongoing issue for me and my wife. We've given up trying to play Atlas because we both constantly get the "Host Pending Connection Timeout" message or "Unable to Query Server...".  Every once in a great while after maybe 10 attempts trying to join many different servers, I'll get in but my wife can't. She has to keep trying different clusters until she can get in. Then, usually the next day,  we can't reconnect without the error messages. It's been an ongoing issue for us since this game was released.

I'm just so lost at this point. I keep seeing threads about others having this message, but no real solutions.

I am far from an expert in this sort of thing, but, over the years have ran into similar situations.  Sounds like a connection issue (no shit, right)?  Two different computers with assumingly different specs instantly tells you a lot.  I would start with how I'm connected to the internet and do something different.  Are you connected wired or wireless?  Connected to a router or working directly off the modem?  If anything is wireless pick up an ethernet cable and go hard wired.  My mother boards have multiple ethernet ports on the back of board, switch those plug in points around.  If your going through a router try plugging directly into the modem skipping the router.  Modems and routers also have a hard factory reset "somewhere" on them.  Usually need a paperclip or similar to activate.  Google your connection hardware and get the directions.  Both modems and routers can be software updated as well.  Should be done regardless due to security reasons.  Motherboards have bios/driver updates , newer ones are pretty simple once you get into the bios.  Older the motherboard the bigger a pain it is.  If all that fails I would most likely start looking at purchasing new router and/or modem.  

I feel for you.  I would be incredibly frustrated at this point.  Nothing like buying a new game and not being able to play.  Good luck .... 

1 hour ago, Saltydog920 said:

We only try playing on unofficial servers. This has been an ongoing issue for me and my wife. We've given up trying to play Atlas because we both constantly get the "Host Pending Connection Timeout" message or "Unable to Query Server...".  Every once in a great while after maybe 10 attempts trying to join many different servers, I'll get in but my wife can't. She has to keep trying different clusters until she can get in. Then, usually the next day,  we can't reconnect without the error messages. It's been an ongoing issue for us since this game was released.

I'm just so lost at this point. I keep seeing threads about others having this message, but no real solutions.

How is your home network setup, are you both using exactly the same version of windows.  With wired connections or solid wireless/boosters.  This was an issue for a long time with Ark, for many people.  But in most occasions it was down to personal setups rather than the game or servers specifically.

Whilst I realise you want to play "together" you could take turns using the same account.

Both Win 10 professional with wired connection, no boosters. Will do some testing. We both do play Rust and 7 days to die flawlessly, but will still dig into our network. Thanks.