Sign in to follow this  
Falcatta

internal water pipes

Hey guys. Anyone get these internal water pipes to actually snap? The fact that you have to drop the cistern first and perfectly is driving me nuts. I feel like I'm missing something stupid.

Snap the water pipes to your ceilings or foundations, that helps keep them straight and aligned.  Then snap the water reservoirs onto the pipes at one end and the grill at the other or angle pipes up, and across using X pieces to form irrigation channels for farming if rain is infrequent.

Nothing is snapping to the foundations....Still missing something I think neither straight pipes or inside seem to snap.

I cant get anything to snap to any building structure EXCEPT for the indoor water pipe, which only wants to snap to foundations.... BUT it requires a pipe WITH water to even place!!! Hello?? HTH are we supposed to get an external water-filled pipe running perfectly into the building so that this Indoor Water Pipe will actually place???

• Haha 1

think I figured it out... basically to get the indoor water pipe to work, u need a nearby underground water pipe... then u run regular pipes from that indoor water pipe outlet around the inside of your base. It is a bummer cause the water reservoir wont let you run either of these 2 critical structures, so forget clean snap construction unless u have a real fresh water source nearby.

That's a monster pain in the ass. I have fresh water where I am but will need to run 10 miles of water pipe just to make this happen..... So no one has gotten this to work with just reservoirs?

Edited to add, don't care about the clean piping only getting the grill to work with reservoirs and not the intake pipe BS.

Edited by Falcatta

1 hour ago, Falcatta said:

So no one has gotten this to work with just reservoirs?

Okay so the first point is that the Pipe will not snap to the grill, but the grill will snap to the pipe.  So what I did was place a reservoir in my house and snapped pipes to it so that one of the joints was lined up so that when my grilled snapped to it, it was right where I wanted it to be.  Then I continued to pipe outside my house to where I wanted to place my actual reservoirs, after I had piped it into two reservoirs outside my house I demo'd the reservoir and spare piping in the house leaving my grill attached to the piping and reservoirs outside.

Next time it rained I slowly watched the water count go up in my grill till it maxed out at 300.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CoopedUp said:

Okay so the first point is that the Pipe will not snap to the grill, but the grill will snap to the pipe.  So what I did was place a reservoir in my house and snapped pipes to it so that one of the joints was lined up so that when my grilled snapped to it, it was right where I wanted it to be.  Then I continued to pipe outside my house to where I wanted to place my actual reservoirs, after I had piped it into two reservoirs outside my house I demo'd the reservoir and spare piping in the house leaving my grill attached to the piping and reservoirs outside.

Next time it rained I slowly watched the water count go up in my grill till it maxed out at 300.

You sir are a god damned life saver 🙂

Note for those that try this it won't snap next to walls that already exist...least it didn't for me. I have to take them out then do what he said and it worked.