Sign in to follow this  
Badkebab

Gated content

18 hours ago, Martyn said:

Soloable? You mean you cheat and glitch the hydra.. or use exploits and shoot it from a ledge where it cannot get to you? 

Or you just goto the region and steal someone elses work.  Also exploiting and cheating..

HOW is taking advantage of terain now exploiting. LOS-ing / positioning is a tool devs work with when designing a boss. The hydra is not desinged to beat her face to face!

HOW is getting the key when other people kill the boss a steal? What did they lose?
People in the grid get informed where the boss will be killed sometimes, i do it myself.

For the kraken, you go there with a ship and everything. And then you queue up for 8 hours until it is your turn? No, you go in with the other, or cheese it completely, to cut down the boring idleing. You went there prepared anyway, so the hardest part was done allready.

On 6/1/2019 at 7:01 PM, Badkebab said:

Am I understanding the patch notes correctly and torpedoes are double gated behind first the power stones and then the ice dungeon? Not to mention some of the buffs

no gates is what causes atlas to be such a failure to being with the first day 50k users all servers being unplayable the game would of likely ended up being far more popular if there were more gates in place 

do you really think everyone in your server heading to the same dungeon would be an enjoyable experience? sitting outside the zone because you cant enter past the 150 player cap yeah fun times 

1 hour ago, Kummba said:

HOW is taking advantage of terain now exploiting. LOS-ing / positioning is a tool devs work with when designing a boss. The hydra is not desinged to beat her face to face!

HOW is getting the key when other people kill the boss a steal? What did they lose?
People in the grid get informed where the boss will be killed sometimes, i do it myself.

For the kraken, you go there with a ship and everything. And then you queue up for 8 hours until it is your turn? No, you go in with the other, or cheese it completely, to cut down the boring idleing. You went there prepared anyway, so the hardest part was done allready.

Anybody that thinks that using a ledge or boat to kill the hydra better not be using cannons outside gunports or taming traps cause that would be cheating and glitching too -_-

IMO this game needs more gates to give more of a challenge and sense of accomplishment when getting stuff done.

~Lotus

There are so many different private server. If you don't like the settings of the official servers, so look there or become the host of your own server. There u can easy cheat all the ships and creatures, take a ride and delete the game because it's boring.

If there's no progress or achievements, gates and bosses... Nobody would play for a long time. 

More gates, content, maybe armour sets? Special tames etc... Like in other mmo. There are so many other mechanics. 

3 hours ago, Lotus said:

Anybody that thinks that using a ledge or boat to kill the hydra better not be using cannons outside gunports or taming traps cause that would be cheating and glitching too -_-

IMO this game needs more gates to give more of a challenge and sense of accomplishment when getting stuff done.

~Lotus

Lotus now i want you to stream a boadside hydra kill 🙂

4 minutes ago, Kummba said:

Lotus now i want you to stream a boadside hydra kill 🙂

And how du you fit ballistas in the gunports? 😂

Not only pointy things hurt her, brute force also. Actually cannons are even more efficient.

Also it would be extra stylepoints for the usage of large cannons.

4 hours ago, Lotus said:

~Lotus

There should actually be zero gates in the ea process. This is the time for testing the game. There are a lot of people that aren’t testing and just playing.

they want the game to be harder so they feel like they are playing instead of testing. These types of people are the real problem for the downfall. 

Without gates the the people that actually want to test won’t be able to test which is very stupid, especially since the players that are just playing have no worth whatsoever as far as the game goes.

5 minutes ago, Realist said:

There should actually be zero gates in the ea process. This is the time for testing the game. There are a lot of people that aren’t testing and just playing.

they want the game to be harder so they feel like they are playing instead of testing. These types of people are the real problem for the downfall. 

Without gates the the people that actually want to test won’t be able to test which is very stupid, especially since the players that are just playing have no worth whatsoever as far as the game goes.

How will they test if a gate works then?

~Lotus

Just now, Lotus said:

How will they test if a gate works then?

~Lotus

Because that would be the last step before leaving early access. Pretty sure it is more important that the content works and then worry about how not to let people get to it

At least the gate isn't the ghost ship like the original plan, searching for that weak ship was the most bored I've ever been playing a game.  The ice cave was actually pretty fun and challenging with 5 guys.  My fear is that, without the gate, so many noobs will complain about the difficulty that the boss gets nerfed into the ground.  

17 hours ago, Realist said:

Because that would be the last step before leaving early access. Pretty sure it is more important that the content works and then worry about how not to let people get to it

The high end content doesn't have much replay value right now. So if they were to put the gate up now we would not do the gate. They already found quite a few bugs with the gates themselves.

~Lotus

4 minutes ago, Lotus said:

The high end content doesn't have much replay value right now. So if they were to put the gate up now we would not do the gate. They already found quite a few bugs with the gates themselves.

~Lotus

Cool, and only a year and a half more content with a lot more gates to come. Sounds good to me. 

Cant wait for when they bring new boss in. Another gate to test right? Yeah that will be good.