Sign in to follow this  
Badkebab

Gated content

16 hours ago, UnknownSystemError said:

They allowed people to get the achievement and the sub unlock if they didn't have the stones after they realized very few people were doing the content. 

When was this?  Is this on official?   Just collected the mats for the sub, and it's telling me I need the 'skill' before I can craft it.....  

sub2.jpg.1911236dd2bc958d4f1b25078cf7376c.jpg

It's going to be one hellava chore if so....

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Willard said:

I takes like 3 people to do powerstones, some are actually soloable. To kill Kraken you just ally up with another tribes or you ask some bigger tribe if u can join (or just leech it without asking). Problem solved, anything else? 

Not the point, Willy.

Where is the sense of achievement in piggybacking on a freaking zerg?

Smaller tribes should be able to defeat the end game my themselves. And yes PS are not the issue here.

people whinging about needing to the powerstones, which are easily soloable..... unbelievable how pathetic some players are, just grow up and do it. stop bitching and grovelling for hand-outs because you can't be bothered to leave your island and achieve something

5 hours ago, gnihar said:

Not the point, Willy.

Where is the sense of achievement in piggybacking on a freaking zerg?

Smaller tribes should be able to defeat the end game my themselves. And yes PS are not the issue here.

Do u think small companies are able to do high-end content in any other MMOs? No they are not, at least not alone, they need to group up with someone.

In Atlas? With the exception of Kraken (which you can leach) you can do pretty much anything in 3-man group. In Atlas its actually much easier to do high end content in solo group than in other MMOs, I know that, I´ve played WoW, GW2 - if you didn´t join strong guild you could forget about doing high end content. 

All this whining means you either have no experience with MMO concept or you are poor Atlas player. If you want to play single player go play different type of game, not MMO.

Edited by Willard

Doesn't matter if 3 people can do it or if 1 person can do it.  If this is how all the additional content is going to work, it's boring as hell.  There are (should be) other elements to this game besides running around pew pewing things, but the other elements are shallow as a mud puddle right now.  Crafting, exploration, building...there are whole skill trees for some of that stuff, but no progression in them or depth or accomplishment at the end.

Let's see some mega update that is all about adding levels to the crafting tree with some great new stuff at the end of it that rewards time spent and persistence rather than mega zergs.    

• Like 1

Firstly,I still play WOW and have solo,d most of it,also bosses dont drop vital equipment they drop extras like legendaries and mounts etc,ESO I've pretty much solo'd the whole game and only grouped when a boss is 3mill hp or over,conan exiles I'm solo and it also gives you a local option to play solo.Ark I play solo also gives you a local option too.Gw2 I solo,FFO I solo,Dark and light,Star trek online and no mans sky, most of these games when you do need to group with someone have a quick transport method which means I dont have to set aside 2hours just to win essential game content or meet up at a dungeon or boss fight.Sadly conan exiles has also started to add content behind bosses now and our server player base is now one quarter of what it was and all the big tribes are gone anyway.and I don't consider Caring about a game to be the same as whining about it,ive never just rubbished the game just pointed out things that I feel are wrong or could be improved same as a lot of other players have. 

Gating new content during an EA development where the whole point is to test things is, imo, an inherently bad idea, unless what you're trying to test is what percentage of the playerbase can or will make the effort to obtain it.  Still, the more your new stuff is tested through use the better, so limiting how many customers testers players can get their hands on it seems a poor idea.

• Like 3

Never confessed to being a 'bad' player, time starved maybe, perhaps I don't have all the time in the world to 'play', probably a bad example of a 'good' Atlas player perhaps.

All i really want to do is explore the new trenches, perhaps acquire a crab?  Seems I have to engage in other stuff that doesn't interest me to do something that interests me.

I'm not complaining like a snowflake, just merely pointing out it's very, very, very inconvenient, and, it's a huge chore that I don't feel I should do, to unlock what I would like to do  😉

Take it as folks wish.  👍

11 hours ago, Gremlin_senpai said:

people whinging about needing to the powerstones, which are easily soloable..... unbelievable how pathetic some players are, just grow up and do it. stop bitching and grovelling for hand-outs because you can't be bothered to leave your island and achieve something

47 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Gating new content during an EA development where the whole point is to test things is, imo, an inherently bad idea, unless what you're trying to test is what percentage of the playerbase can or will make the effort to obtain it.  Still, the more your new stuff is tested through use the better, so limiting how many customers testers players can get their hands on it seems a poor idea.

This really isn’t ea though boomer. I know everyone says it is and the devs try to say it is but they released the game and they treat it like a released game.

i won’t bother arguing with anyone but after the ea phase is over it is pretty much going to be the same thing it is now. 

People aren’t testing , they are playing. Rates should have been boasted to 10x ever since December and there should be no such thing as end game content because its ea so there is no end game.

and to be honest, they should actually be wiping the game every month because once people get out of the early stages there is really no more testing being done.

1 minute ago, Realist said:

This really isn’t ea though boomer. I know everyone says it is and the devs try to say it is but they released the game and they treat it like a released game.

i won’t bother arguing with anyone but after the ea phase is over it is pretty much going to be the same thing it is now. 

People aren’t testing , they are playing. Rates should have been boasted to 10x ever since December and there should be no such thing as end game content because its ea so there is no end game.

and to be honest, they should actually be wiping the game every month because once people get out of the early stages there is really no more testing being done.

Ummm, it's pretty clearly a far from finished game, and they announced it as a 2 year EA cycle. We can have a whole discussion about whether EA is appropriate for a company like Grapecard™ or a product like Atlas, but that is a seperate discussion from this one. So no, I don't accept the premise that it's not an EA game. If anything it is extremely obvious that it is, if the definition of EA is a still under development work in progress game. 

The fact people are playing rather than testing is debatable, but again plays into a seperate discussion. At this point it's fair to say some are testing, most are playing, but this fact is beyond GrapeCard's control.  How much testing is being done is not information you or I have access to, so discussing it is pretty pointless, but asserting that there is none is not really a supportable assertion.

When you say "they treat it like a released game." I'm unsure what you mean by this. Can you provide specific examples of how they do so that is measurably different from how developers would or should treat an EA game?

21 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Ummm, it's pretty clearly a far from finished game, and they announced it as a 2 year EA cycle. We can have a whole discussion about whether EA is appropriate for a company like Grapecard™ or a product like Atlas, but that is a seperate discussion from this one. So no, I don't accept the premise that it's not an EA game. If anything it is extremely obvious that it is, if the definition of EA is a still under development work in progress game. 

The fact people are playing rather than testing is debatable, but again plays into a seperate discussion. At this point it's fair to say some are testing, most are playing, but this fact is beyond GrapeCard's control.  How much testing is being done is not information you or I have access to, so discussing it is pretty pointless, but asserting that there is none is not really a supportable assertion.

When you say "they treat it like a released game." I'm unsure what you mean by this. Can you provide specific examples of how they do so that is measurably different from how developers would or should treat an EA game?

Well it isn’t beyond wildcards control. Monthly wipes would keep people testing the game instead of playing it. If they leave because of the wipe then who cares, they were worthless in the first place.

by not having very high boosted rates is one example. Another is in this thread. Why have gates content? I already know you agree with that one so we don’t need to discuss it. Another example is that that don’t really do wipes. They need to do regular wipes for better testing. They don’t because people don’t want to lose their stuff because they are playing instead of testing.

playing and not testing is something of a finished game, not an ea so yes, the devs are pretty much treating it like a finished game.

i never said it was even close to a finished game because it has way too many problems. I said they are treating it like one. And by them I mean both the game and a good chunk(I don’t use words like majority and minority)of players. 

They way they are going about things the game will never be a finished game

9 hours ago, Willard said:

Do u think small companies are able to do high-end content in any other MMOs? No they are not, at least not alone, they need to group up with someone.

In Atlas? With the exception of Kraken (which you can leach) you can do pretty much anything in 3-man group. In Atlas its actually much easier to do high end content in solo group than in other MMOs, I know that, I´ve played WoW, GW2 - if you didn´t join strong guild you could forget about doing high end content. 

All this whining means you either have no experience with MMO concept or you are poor Atlas player. If you want to play single player go play different type of game, not MMO.

I am talking exactly about the Kraken, most of the interesting content (torpedoes, subs and in the future probably flyers) that should not is locked behind it. You see, I dont regard this as a classic mmo game Willy. I consider this just a multiplayer sandbox survival game. Classic concepts of mmos like factions, respawn without the loss of gear, auction houses etc is absent, and the game is what people make of it. Basically your answer to any valid complaint  comes down to “then leave the game that is meant for the zerg”. Very smart. And, no, it is not the answer. I am pointing out to the devs to what they promised us who are disgusted by the zerg, and that is, the freedom to play the game as a small group.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gnihar said:

I am talking exactly about the Kraken, most of the interesting content (torpedoes, subs and in the future probably flyers) that should not is locked behind it. You see, I dont regard this as a classic mmo game Willy. I consider this just a multiplayer sandbox survival game. Classic concepts of mmos like factions, respawn without the loss of gear, auction houses etc is absent, and the game is what people make of it. Basically your answer to any valid complaint  comes down to “then leave the game that is meant for the zerg”. Very smart. And, no, it is not the answer. I am pointing out to the devs to what they promised us who are disgusted by the zerg, and that is, the freedom to play the game as a small group.

No, I don´t answer you "leave the game that is meant for the zerg". You play solo or in a small group? You got 2 options - leech Kraken outside of barrier (ye that´s the option devs gave small tribes or solo players) or simply group up with 2-3 other smaller companies, assign roles and kill him. Is it harder to coordinate if you are not in the same company but allies? Yes, slightly, but it is YOUR choice to play solo or in a small company. You really don´t need zerg to get kraken. 

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Willard said:

No, I don´t answer you "leave the game that is meant for the zerg". You play solo or in a small group? You got 2 options - leech Kraken outside of barrier (ye that´s the option devs gave small tribes or solo players) or simply group up with 2-3 other smaller companies, assign roles and kill him. Where is that zerg involved? 

And you constantly fail to grasp that leeching something is not actually doing it. Do you understand the concept of achieving something on your own? Under your own banner?

Just now, gnihar said:

And you constantly fail to grasp that leeching something is not actually doing it. Do you understand the concept of achieving something on your own? Under your own banner?

But you can kill him in a small group with allies, is that hard to understand? 

Kraken, is great if you want to kill the Kraken 😄  No denying that. 

It's just really inconvenient, though, if you want to do something locked behind the Kraken and not bothered about the Kraken...  We play on PvE, we have no war ships, we're not a warlike company, we like to trade, and explore.

I think the nearest thing we have to a war ship, is a galleon with a few monkeys.  It's customary to open the 'bow doors' and crap poo on our pursuers whilst singing:

What you're gonna do with a drunken SoTD sailor?
Early in the morning??

Hooray and up she rises
Hooray and up she rises
Hooray and up she rises
Hurl-it in the eye this morning!

Edited by Vorxius
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

Kraken, is great if you want to kill the Kraken 😄  No denying that. 

It's just really inconvenient, though, if you want to do something locked behind the Kraken and not bothered about the Kraken...  We play on PvE, we have no war ships, we're not a warlike company, we like to trade, and explore.

I think the nearest thing we have to a war ship, is a galleon with a few monkeys.  It's customary to open the 'bow doors' and crap poo on our pursuers whilst singing:

Early in the morning??

Hooray and up she rises
Hooray and up she rises
Hooray and up she rises
Hurl-it in the eye this morning!

Oh sorry, you have to do something to unlock something else. What a surprise in MMO ... It is called progress just like leveling up u know? PvE means player vs Environment, Sotds, Kraken, wild animals, snowman etc. If you don´t want to do that just don´t, you are not forced. TEK tier was locked in ARK behind killing multiple bosses, Atlas won´t be different, sorry to tell you. 

Edited by Willard

33 minutes ago, Willard said:

Oh sorry, you have to do something to unlock something else. What a surprise in MMO ... It is called progress just like leveling up u know? PvE means player vs Environment, Sotds, Kraken, wild animals, snowman etc. If you don´t want to do that just don´t, you are not forced. TEK tier was locked in ARK behind killing multiple bosses, Atlas won´t be different, sorry to tell you. 

But this is ea. Everyone should be testing mechanics, not playing the game. That is where these devs fall very short of professional.

tgis is also where the players fall very short of being testers. It is no wonder wildcard games are always broken. It’s the players fault if you want to think about it. They are pathetic testers 

1 hour ago, Willard said:

It's just really really really inconvenient.  I'm not moaning by a long shot.

if I have to cheese something, to unlock something, it's not playing the game, it's cheesing it.  God knows I played Elite Dangerous enough to know when something needs to be cheesed to avoid non relevant hurdles there to provide 'accomplishment' to those that have the time and resources to steamroll the irrelevant, to brag about the 'other' stuff that appeals to everyone!  Everyone else just pervs over enviable youtube videos showing off the stuff no one can get to.

I'll have to do a Kraken video, of me and my crew of 5 shit throwing monkeys...   Labelled, "look  what I have to do to get the sub"!   lol

Come to think of it, it would make a funny video, if they actually threw shit at the kraken....

On 6/1/2019 at 12:23 PM, Willard said:

I takes like 3 people to do powerstones, some are actually soloable. To kill Kraken you just ally up with another tribes or you ask some bigger tribe if u can join (or just leech it without asking). Problem solved, anything else? 

Soloable? You mean you cheat and glitch the hydra.. or use exploits and shoot it from a ledge where it cannot get to you?

Or you just goto the region and steal someone elses work.  Also exploiting and cheating..

If you cannot win.. cheat, that's your answer? People of today.. sadly, you're all the same, it's why the world is more rotten now, than it was 40 yrs ago.   Stop cutting corners, either you can complete something fairly or admit you cannot.  Don't cheat.

2 hours ago, Martyn said:

Soloable? You mean you cheat and glitch the hydra.. or use exploits and shoot it from a ledge where it cannot get to you?

Or you just goto the region and steal someone elses work.  Also exploiting and cheating..

If you cannot win.. cheat, that's your answer? People of today.. sadly, you're all the same, it's why the world is more rotten now, than it was 40 yrs ago.   Stop cutting corners, either you can complete something fairly or admit you cannot.  Don't cheat.

Just pull hydra to the sea and destroy it with cannons, only keep sure it won't go too close to your back. Where is the glitch? Do you think someone is doing heroic hydra kills with sword and shield? 

I was not talking about the way how to kill hydra (if it is right rn), i was talking about the fact everyone can kill it even solo.

Edited by Willard

Me and the wife did a 2 person team for every powerstone. Just have 1 with high hp and fort lure and have one on the ship ready to shoot it when it gets close. We are currently setting up a kraken 2.0 fight this weekend gmt+1 at 18:30 bring a brig or gallion with side or front facing cannons EU PVE. Respec hp and wear good armor for fight.

1 hour ago, lordkhan4444 said:

shoot it with what? cannons or ballista for the hydra?

Tbh either works but i think balista works best. Base Cannons with no ship damage added it takes about 250 to kill hydra. For drake islands just take your stones from h6 or c6 to them you have a 2 hour timer and it's alot easier than killing the drake that will burn your ship to a cinder.

https://discord.gg/dNRNgJx not my discord but these blokes are running every powerstone this weekend. I did kraken fight with these guys they are a great company and sell alot of good stuff aswell. 250% melee bears and such. If you want the powerstones on EU PVE hit up this server. They also do kraken fight pretty much every weekend.