Sign in to follow this  
Badkebab

Gated content

Am I understanding the patch notes correctly and torpedoes are double gated behind first the power stones and then the ice dungeon? Not to mention some of the buffs

Edited by Badkebab

need to play the game so. great.

but need clarification if it is unlocked with kraken 1.0 or 2.0 or if you can access the dungeon with 1.0 or 2.0 or if you need all quests to be done to acces/unlock any of these.

So more stuff for the megas.. the beat down the small tribes with on the pvp servers.

• Like 2

Don't worry. Once the few remaining large groups that are left have smashed to content they will see the same metrics they had for the sub and relax the restrictions. They never learn from previous mistakes that pissing off the remaining playerbase by forcing them to do toxic content like powerstone  islands that can only be accomplished by knowing how to glitch bosses is costing them players. But then again, it is a buy-to-play title. They got your money, fewer players means fewer servers they have to pay for and when the eventual closure comes they have a metrics that will help them explain away their failure for the next job interview. The writing is on the wall when even the Chinese have given up trying to make RMT money off the game.

20 minutes ago, Badkebab said:

Am I understanding the patch notes correctly and torpedoes are double gated behind first the power stones and then the ice dungeon? Not to mention some of the buffs

Prepare to be eaten alive by 900 remaining zerg players on pvp official, or more precise , their leaders who are posting on forums,  claiming that you should "join a "mega"", to really enjoy the game content, or uninstall.

Edited by gnihar

the game thinks i already done the 9 powerstones and is ticked complete in missions...(i just sailed into that kraken tile alone and got lucky on first try a month ago)..if i go to ice caves and take a company member or a ally to the ice dungeon will they be able to come in with me even though they havent unlocked the mission requirements ect?...

surely if i can go in, my company buddys can too?

Edited by hurricane moon

1 minute ago, hurricane moon said:

the game thinks i already done the 9 powerstones and is ticked complete in missions...(i just sailed into that kraken tile alone and got lucky on first try a month ago)..if i go to ice caves and take a company member or a ally to the ice dungeon will they be able to come in with me even though they havent unlocked the mission requirements ect?...

surely if i can go in my company buddys can too?

They allowed people to get the achievement and the sub unlock if they didn't have the stones after they realized very few people were doing the content. Thing is, if you go back to H8 and try to trigger the kraken fight, it isn't going to work for you. We will find out in the next few hours to days, but I bet that unless you have all the stones in you compass of either sort, the doorway or "zonewall" for the ice dungeon won't let you pass into the instance. Or they could have some similar cheese mechanic where once someone enters it throws up a timed wall like the kraken fight preventing anyone else attempting at that same time. Wait and see, but I am not optimistic that they haven't stepped on their dicks once again.

4 minutes ago, UnknownSystemError said:

They allowed people to get the achievement and the sub unlock if they didn't have the stones after they realized very few people were doing the content. Thing is, if you go back to H8 and try to trigger the kraken fight, it isn't going to work for you. We will find out in the next few hours to days, but I bet that unless you have all the stones in you compass of either sort, the doorway or "zonewall" for the ice dungeon won't let you pass into the instance. Or they could have some similar cheese mechanic where once someone enters it throws up a timed wall like the kraken fight preventing anyone else attempting at that same time. Wait and see, but I am not optimistic that they haven't stepped on their dicks once again.

cheers dude...yes funnily enough i have since taken my 2 buds back to h8 thinking that the kraken would just pull us into that whirlpool thing instance like it did me...but i did it proir to the patch that nerfed it...

nothing happened....so i fear that you may be correct about them stepping on their dicks if this is the case.

Edited by hurricane moon

Most MMO's (which this is branded as being) have content that is gated behind higher end group play, if you look at the forums of those games there isn't crying about gated things, if you want the best gear in the game, you group up and you do the best raids, if you aren't good enough to participate in those raids, you get over it and just do what you can. and one of those mmo's in particular has been going strong for 15 years. we only have 4 in our crew, and 2 are distracted with other games 75% of the time, so we will likely ally up with some other people to participate in the dungeon if it's possible.lll

1 minute ago, trqfreak350 said:

Most MMO's (which this is branded as being) have content that is gated behind higher end group play, if you look at the forums of those games there isn't crying about gated things, if you want the best gear in the game, you group up and you do the best raids, if you aren't good enough to participate in those raids, you get over it and just do what you can. and one of those mmo's in particular has been going strong for 15 years. we only have 4 in our crew, and 2 are distracted with other games 75% of the time, so we will likely ally up with some other people to participate in the dungeon if it's possible.lll

And those games have progression of content. They don't have toxic islands of instant death the moment you put foot on them. You can look at the "progression" posts and all they give are tips on how to cheese mechanics and terrain to glitch those "bosses." It isn't about having the best gear, full mythos will not allow you take the hits if you try normal tactics. If you have to glitch bosses to complete them then that is not "raiding". I don't mind a challenge, but making shit impossible for your average player and then saying "Git Gud Noob!" "Learn to cheese with the rest of us!" will only take them down the same path to closure that Wildstar and others that said they would cater to "hardcore raiders" at the expense of the wider base that pays the bills. But as I said above, this is primarily a mindset among B2P titles vs subscription.

• Like 2

Gated content is a joke, not the best player is rewarded but the most submissive slave.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, UnknownSystemError said:

And those games have progression of content. They don't have toxic islands of instant death the moment you put foot on them. You can look at the "progression" posts and all they give are tips on how to cheese mechanics and terrain to glitch those "bosses." It isn't about having the best gear, full mythos will not allow you take the hits if you try normal tactics. If you have to glitch bosses to complete them then that is not "raiding". I don't mind a challenge, but making shit impossible for your average player and then saying "Git Gud Noob!" "Learn to cheese with the rest of us!" will only take them down the same path to closure that Wildstar and others that said they would cater to "hardcore raiders" at the expense of the wider base that pays the bills. But as I said above, this is primarily a mindset among B2P titles vs subscription.

I fully agree that bugging out bosses, and using cheesy tactics to beat them isn't fun, or the best long term solution, we can only hope that it is something they will work on for the life of the game, and eventually make a change to combat mechanics as a whole, so that we don't have to go down the route that we do. I'd much rather take on the hydra on land than tugging it behind a boat with balista, and cannons, but i'll do what i need to do to progress. using legendary and mythical armor definately helps survivability with normal mobs, however not with the boss fights, it helps with high end maps, and yet to see how it affects the dungeon if we can find groups to do it with, hoping that it's possibly with ally's.

No time for leveling up and doing fukin quests and shit to compete. Apparently this is not the game for me. 

Enjoy peeps.

Edited by Back Stabbath

2 hours ago, Badkebab said:

Yep. Megas 👍

41 minutes ago, Back Stabbath said:

No time for leveling up and doing fukin quests and shit to compete. Aperently this is not the game for me. 

Enjoy peeps.

Yeah it happens 

43 minutes ago, trqfreak350 said:

I fully agree that bugging out bosses, and using cheesy tactics to beat them isn't fun, or the best long term solution, we can only hope that it is something they will work on for the life of the game, and eventually make a change to combat mechanics as a whole, so that we don't have to go down the route that we do. I'd much rather take on the hydra on land than tugging it behind a boat with balista, and cannons, but i'll do what i need to do to progress. using legendary and mythical armor definately helps survivability with normal mobs, however not with the boss fights, it helps with high end maps, and yet to see how it affects the dungeon if we can find groups to do it with, hoping that it's possibly with ally's.

Nah, that won’t happen. People have been glitching bosses in ark for a long time now. Even the titans they introduced in extinction.

so no, the way to do the bosses is to cheese them. That won’t stop ever, let alone soon. 

But hey we get some easy kills right? Who wants to waste time preparing for something.

7 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yep. Megas 👍

I takes like 3 people to do powerstones, some are actually soloable. To kill Kraken you just ally up with another tribes or you ask some bigger tribe if u can join (or just leech it without asking). Problem solved, anything else? 

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Willard said:

I takes like 3 people to do powerstones, some are actually soloable. To kill Kraken you just ally up with another tribes or you ask some bigger tribe if u can join. Problem solves, anything else? 

ya my wife, and i basically play alone even though we have more in our group they don't play as often, we find ways to get it done. the hydra takes 1 person really, 2 if you have to kite it far to the beach, dragon is a little more tempermental, the kraken we have a discord group that we are a part of and we can find groups easily that way, the new dungeon i'd expect to be much the same. i'm okay with grouping with people to do what we need to dow

It annoys me when people quote most mmos have gated progress and rewards etc,I play a lot of mmos and most of them,especially the longest surviving ones have content that is level locked,ie flying, weapons,map areas  etc.This is to reward all players for commitment to the game not just to reward the biggest fight club.If the devs keep doing this kind of thing this game is gonna lose its most committed player base,and they can just hope that no one else decides to release a pirate or similar themed  mmo in the meantime.

20 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

It annoys me when people quote most mmos have gated progress and rewards etc,I play a lot of mmos and most of them,especially the longest surviving ones have content that is level locked,ie flying, weapons,map areas  etc.This is to reward all players for commitment to the game not just to reward the biggest fight club.If the devs keep doing this kind of thing this game is gonna lose its most committed player base,and they can just hope that no one else decides to release a pirate or similar themed  mmo in the meantime.

Are you telling us most committed players are not able to do powerstones? Cmon man ... 

How many large tribes have all players online everyday?Thats why people need larger groups so they dont lose all their stuff if they are offline for a while,the solo player is taking a much larger risk,so why is he/she penalised for playing solo?I'm in a company,but I am the only one who plays everyday,we are all on different time zones and have next to zero chance of getting all the content,yet I seem to remember paying the same money for the game as everyone else.Personally when I've had enough of the devs ignoring sound advice from players who have been around since gaming first began I wont sulk I'll just move on,sadly I doubt if i'll be alone.

10 hours ago, Willard said:

I takes like 3 people to do powerstones, some are actually soloable. To kill Kraken you just ally up with another tribes or you ask some bigger tribe if u can join (or just leech it without asking). Problem solved, anything else? 

Jep we’ve had a few leechers, we don’t mind. It’s people that don’t want or don’t know how to do it are complaining hard about it. ‘You hate it? But what have you tried to do yourself?’ : ‘yeahhh about that...’

• Like 1

well i went there..(it says mission complete for kraken powerstones ect0.....took my mates...we couldnt get in.....we actually need the powerstones ect..

after 1300 odd hours since launch and nearly not returning on the original wipe we had......i have now lost all the wind from my sails..

i single handedly built all the ships..i run a gally solo....tames most animals...rince gold like its water..

and all for what?....i can solo the powerstones..but i just cant be bothered with it now.....

had my feel with atlas...had my moneys worth with my gametime......and there wont be a 3rd time lucky for me.(i may try blackwood "lets rip off a company name from elder scrolls oblivion")

going through all this cobblers just for some new torps?...nah

the sub is a janky wank pheasant so i imagine the torps are the same.

it aint cricket is it eh fellas..