Sign in to follow this  
Nasibihc

The idea of this game is nice, but reality isn't.

The whole problem with this game is, that every area is taken and those who have actually got the chance to play on these areas 24/7 through all server shit and things have already progressed to lvl 40 and basically one shot people who try to claim their lands. Claiming takes way too much time, sailing takes way too much time, wind should be disabled on rafts so you could move rafts anywhere without having to worry about waiting 4 hours for the wind to change. Cold weather should be nerfed as it does way too much damage at the moment. Water should be more easily accessible. Actually have a point in stacking supplies to your raft without the whole bed respawn abuse for "free vitals every time" and the list goes on and on and on, hell, even the spawn points for people should be changed so, that they are not equally divided on the map, so you'd ACTUALLY have to travel far with supplies to find an island for you. 

When all these things are fixed, the game needs a total wipe of characters and levels so everyone gets an equally fair start at the game. There's no point in trying to find islands as it's way too hard to even get to them and even if you do, it's already claimed by some people who eat/sleep at their computers so you can't even make a base "on claimed land" to actually CONTEST the island, so also remove the fact that you need to "claim the area" in order to build because that's just stupid.The way things are now, it's just not working.

To say things short:

You can't start this game as a new player anymore. That's the biggest problem.

Edited by Nasibihc

I feel the same to all points, I just waisted 3 hours to sail around with my raft and couldn´t even go where I wanted because of the wind. I planned my death 4 time to get full vitamins again because it´s impossible to survive with food anyway (slow travelling). The 4 Islands I found are all claimed on the last one, angry people even yelled at me just because I was looking for food, I trough they can get taxes if I use there land? I think we also need a lot of more servers, and faster rafts! The dyn map on playatlas is not authentic, because all Islands are claimed, but I can see only 10 comapnys property.

I gave it all up once again...will come back in 6 month...

And besides what disapointed me also a LOT, most Islands 80% large mountains and rocks. Everyone like to build on the seaside and most islands just have tiny beaches. wtf!?

Edited by Evalution

1 minute ago, Evalution said:

I feel the same to all points, I just waisted 3 hours to sail around with my raft and couldn´t even go where I wanted because of the wind. I planned my death 4 time to get full vitamins again because it´s impossible to survive with food anyway (slow travelling). The 4 Islands I found are all claimed on the last one, angry people even yelled at me just because I was looking for food, I trough they can get taxes if I use there land? I think we also need a lot of more servers, and faster rafts! The dyn map on playatlas is not authentic, because all Islands are claimed, but I can see only 10 comapnys property.

I gave it all up once again...will come back in 6 month...

See you in 6 months! 

5 minutes ago, Percieval said:

See you in 6 months! 

I don´t think so...

(triggered fanboy?)

Edited by Evalution

I just spent 4 hours rafting to a location only to be killed by lvl 40's who were camping their area. The notifications that your area is being claimed should also be removed so people wouldn't be so easily alerted to come and kill you. You'd actually have to LOOK THE MAP to see if your area is lost or not to know if someone is claiming it and patrol the area for people. This game needs a shroud of secrecy for the new players to actually have a chance to progress in the game. Now it's just like this "Oh hey someone is claiming your area at X4 Y7"  ... let's go kill them. "Oh these people have no gear and things BECAUSE THEY HAVENT EVEN BEEN ABLE TO CRAFT THEM" Why? because you can't build a single damn building in a freeport area to actually make a weapon for yourself. You need to raft yourself into an island. Supposedly CLAIM a spot on the island (which is not even possible if "claim is being contested".) Get the area to actually manage to build weapons so you could FIGHT the people who have claimed the island. But no... you raft yourself there, naked, without weapons for 4 hours sitting on a raft, just to get killed by a lvl 40+ who happened to discover the island as soon as the game was launched and managed to evade all the server problems.

There's like SO MANY THINGS wrong right now with this mechanic it's not even funny.

Edited by Nasibihc

4 minutes ago, Evalution said:

I don´t think so...

(triggered fanboy?)

No ofcourse not, if people can’t handle an Early Access game it’s better to leave it be for a while. 

17 minutes ago, Percieval said:

No ofcourse not, if people can’t handle an Early Access game it’s better to leave it be for a while. 

I can handle it. I just can´t play it, because can´t find an island. 😉

34 minutes ago, Evalution said:

I can handle it. I just can´t play it, because can´t find an island. 😉

Yes but that’s understandable. 

• Like 1