Sign in to follow this  
Berko

A log before ATLA Launch

European Timetable (MEZ)

Atlas field office, Wednesday, 12/19/2018:
- Register me as a ship's boy in the central civil register and I will be accepted.
- After a tour of the local locality behind me and a friendly welcome, I find my way around the deliberate board structure.
- I invest a lot of time expectantly to follow the progress of recruitment. I hope to be able to receive my equipment before 24:00 o'clock in order to be able to explore the atlas afterwards. That's why I'm always looking for signs and information.
- I am struck by the fact that there is "still" no library to be maintained, which would certainly be a rich fundus for landlubbers like me at an advanced stage.

Atlas field office, Thursday, 12/20/2018:
- Unfortunately the handling of formalities is delayed, the information followed quite hesitantly, so that an exploration of Atlas has to wait for now. There are other important things to do and on Friday things may look better.
- As a consolation there was a well illustrated bedtime story with impressions of what might await us out there on the Atlas.
- In the morning we first checked whether the schedule is still correct in order to carry out further planning. Now cook the dirty laundry first, don't want to attract any negative attention after all.

- A map that contains a picture of the many islands of Atlas falls into my hands. Curiously I study possibly interesting but possibly small inconspicuous island areas which offer hiding places and could not immediately attract the attention of the big pirates.

- The weather is good, the laundry is dry, now I stink of violets. What are my comrades supposed to think.
- Loiter in front of the quartermaster, maybe I'll pick something up and we'll be at sea soon. Still at a loss where the journey's going.

Atlas field office, Friday, 12/21/2018:

- There's movement, the sailors are getting restless. It is rumored that some people want to set sail to explore the surrounding area.

- Several captains want to venture out. The old experienced marketers warn of the dark shallows that have opened up in front of the harbour entrance, as if Neptune himself wanted to fetch them. They fear it won't end well and all will have lost there belongings by the time they return.

Atlas field office, Saturday, 12/22/2018:

- Someone took a bad joke and stole all the headsails of the anchored ships. Probably needed some new hammocks to rest. Cloth is feverishly collected. The old-established ones do their best to make some new sails. It's rumored that the planned strike team won't be sailing until about noon. Maybe then we can leave under the protection of the night on Sunday after the witching hour.

- A few new headsails have been made and hoisted in a hurry. The strike team has left. It's a little foggy, everyone is looking anxiously at the sea and is hoping for a pleasant message - to finally be able to sail.
- Time to get ready. I already check the provisions once and I just remembered that I also have to do a few things on land. Somehow I missed looking for some trustworthy comrades-in-arms. Well, the pubs are full, I'm going to take a look around, somebody will take a greenhorn like me with them.

- A small fishing boat has returned. The crew said there was something extraordinary in the air. It seems that it will be possible to escape without danger. The crew advises, however, to wait until the more seaworthy ships have returned and can confirm the safety.
- The fleet is back, everything seems safe, get ready for the big ride, I am ready to travel.

- I've never seen such a complete mess before. The fleet's back. The sea routes are so far safe, but there are some dangers lurking beyond the harbour quay. They warn against whirlpools, dangerous sea creatures and others. In particular, they warn against graceful mermaids. Oh, come on, you're just supposed to keep them to yourself.

Until the next logbook entry

Your ship's boy Berko :piratesmile::compass: