Sign in to follow this  
Dollie

Mega Update 2 & 48-Hour Sale!

mayby its time to say this crappy buggame farewell zero support in game when you loose things and stuff that you made by hard work and hrs of farming  and to many bugs left unsolved while the introduce more stuff (bugs) into the game .make it possible to post screenschots and your forum wil be floated by bugs.

more content rams little atention to basic playability fixes and a sale to boost the failing player numbers fix the basics they will come back but of course once they have your money they dont care thats proven already just going the same way ark did into failure and a last dlc called extinction the final insult to the players

its called early access for a reason, think of it as a public test game, aka early access, means there will be bugs to be fixed, look at other games that's are still having bugs till this day that been out for 15 years

9 hours ago, Coldpaws said:

its called early access for a reason, think of it as a public test game, aka early access, means there will be bugs to be fixed, look at other games that's are still having bugs till this day that been out for 15 years

Buggs are the last of this game's problems, it fails at the most simple and basic core mechanics.

3 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

Buggs are the last of this game's problems, it fails at the most simple and basic core mechanics.

I second this notion. There are many aspects that, though they might have looked good on paper, the implementation and the player base has taken it in unintended directions. A thoroughly complete brainstorm and overhaul are in order.

Edited by vaylain

6 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

why don't you make a game then? and see how easy it is to do. I bet you never spent a day of your life on the ocean working or sailing. actually if the game failed at basic core mechanics, then please say why, also the game is easy enough if you understand the building systems and actually how to sail, the game is fun and enjoyable

On 6/6/2019 at 6:55 PM, Coldpaws said:

why don't you make a game then? and see how easy it is to do.

do you need to be a chef to taste ome food and realise if its too salty?? please if you are out of arguments just keep it shut

I bet you never spent a day of your life on the ocean working or sailing.

wait, you dont mean in real life... do you?

actually if the game failed at basic core mechanics, then please say why, also the game is easy enough if you understand the building systems and actually how to sail, the game is fun and enjoyable

several ideas cross my mind but i will just mention the one that i have the most of problems understanding:

first i will point out that i am a PvE player i have never had any interest in PvP so what i say applies only withing the PvE context, also talking about context i will mention the following key points:

1) I am a person and as a person i like to work towards a goal, i dont rly care how far away my objective is,  i am willing to invest time and effort into reach that goal

2) As a person i can get tired of a game (for the sake of this post the reasons doesnt even matter)

3)As a person i have a life and obligations

this key points are so obvious that they shouldnt even need to be mentioned, much less presented as a complaint to the developers because of how basic they are, now to the point:

Decay: after 2 weeks offline your building can be demolished and your ship vanishes

now read my 3 points again, and ask yourself this:

why would i want to INVEST time and effort into something only so if i need a BREAK from the game or if i simply have to attend to my rl OBLIGATIONS i end up losing all that time and effort?

answer: i wouldnt

the fact that they are unable to see something as simple as this is one of the reasons i say they fail the the most simple and basic core mechanics

On 6/6/2019 at 6:55 PM, Coldpaws said:

am laughing at your reasons I got a life too, you have 10 days to log in, all it does is take a minute to log in and reset the timer! I have not been on in days! and I am getting on to reset my timer

On 6/8/2019 at 8:30 AM, Coldpaws said:

am laughing at your reasons I got a life too, you have 10 days to log in, all it does is take a minute to log in and reset the timer! I have not been on in days! and I am getting on to reset my timer

Here is my reasons, the game sucks. Its better then the first day we played but still has no good direction. Its ark basically.

Lawl, 3 pages of interaction with a mega patch... This is a dead give away that the Dev's killed the game by failing to be pirate enough. They dropped the ball... It's okay... Just make another "sister company" and lets try for a Western, we can name it... Wild West. and Import Ark and Atlas mechanics to it. You know, just so we don't pull from Ark's population. Cause, apparently changing company names can do that to a franchise. EA does it all the time... right??? RIGHT?!??!??!?!?!

Everyone I played with before the wipe has quit the game.

Now the devs do nothing but roll out new endgame content that means literally nothing to me or anyone else in small company.

DEVS your game is still borderline unplayable! I literally run into progress blocks due to bugs and oversights every single time I log on if Im on for more then 10 mins. Your game is 100% Zookeeper and 0% pirate. STOP ADDING WORTHLESS CRAP and fix the game.

Seriously every time you release one of these hyped up mega patches a portion of your player base just gives up on the hope that you will some day move in the right direction.

Edited by Grigory Grogswallow

On 6/1/2019 at 2:27 AM, Jazzo584442 said:

Why complain? You know this game is not complete, and yet you cry like a little girl. this game is still in its creation phase they let us play it while they are creating it as an ark player I understand the frustrations that you know we went through from wild card but they're trying you're complaining over a game that isn't even finished. If the game really is that much of a burden to you stop playing other than that stop crying and evolve like the game is.

I actually have to agree with the OP -  Granted I havent read his entire post but I did see him complaining(and rightfully so) about content behind locked behind having to kill the kraken and whatever else. 

Locking content/items behind a wall that most if not all small companies can't complete kills the update for some.  I know for myself and the 2 buddies I played with had zero chance of killing the Kraken much less killing the bosses on the islands for the keystones.  They release the submarine but guess what? You gotta kill the Kraken to unlock it.  I mean really?  That is just straight bad decision making.  Hey lets release new content but you cannot access it!  That is not good.  It's not crying, or what not, hell call it crying if you want but it is 100% bad on their part to block content or crafting items or whatever behind having to kill the toughest monster in the game that requires many ships and people to accomplish.  Will they potentially change it?  Who knows, only they know.  I just have to agree with his sentiment with locking things behind having to kill the toughest creature in the game and for some small companies like ours, we simply cannot do it. 

They still don't get that the reason people got this was because of ship battles and pirates ho! gameplay?

Hilarious.. 

Well, I have pretty much given up on this game and simply login every few days to reset my timers and read these forums in hopes that ATLAS turns into a better direction because as of now it is boring and the bugs/missing content has rendered the game tedious and boring. I have officially returned back to ARK as it has more to offer, unfortunately. I had such great hopes in this Pirate game being, "Piratey" but it is not.ATLAS has essentially become a ghost town of about 10 players on any given server...not the tens of thousands eluded in the initial trailer.

I am a solo player and love doing things on my own but with all of the new content being locked behind killing boss mobs, I am unable to access any of it so, yeah...fun!

I was playing at least 4-6 hours a day and double on weekends, (most of this was just mindless farming) and I have rarely seen any other players. I see the log state that there are only 3 payers in my current region but who knows where they are as I am the only one roaming my particular island. I have camped on six other islands and this is exactly the same phenomenon. I have sailed the seas between each of my islands and still, no players are evident. There is no actually pirate interaction being accomplished when there are no other players around. The game is now just a Zoo Keeper and Offline Raider's wet dream, plain and simple.

This game might have a chance if Grapeshot would get their heads out of their arse and get some employees that actually play this game. Then they might be able to see exactly what the game needs. Fixes and missing content, NOT new content and features...After what you already have in the game has been polished and fixed, then work on adding NEW content.

RIP ATLAS!

Edited by vaylain