Sign in to follow this  
Dollie

Mega Update 2 & 48-Hour Sale!

1 hour ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Ah I see, well then it should just be raised as a bug then, so that if it is a bug it can be looked at.

As for the loss, you may just have to take the hit i'm afraid.

Lol, the hits keeps on coming. No matter what people loose, 1 single sorry from the team is never EVER going to happen as long as the ARKlogic will stay in their minds. I feel a deep pity for them to run a business like this with no back-up whatsoever for the shrinking playerbase as it allready is. Their loss, not mine. Keep in mind people want to be heard when having a serious issue like this. But hey, old fart here with maybe these ancient principles to live by. My businesses in RL florish on these rules.

6 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

The thing here is that PvE is for casual players. I'm a casual player, I don't have time to commit hours on end in a game like this, that's why i play PvE not PvP.

You play PvP I assume, yet you state you are a casual player and you don't have hours on end to play this game, yet you chose to play PvP mode on a game that requires considerable play time? Why would you as a casual solo or small group player choose to play on PvP in a long time consuming game like this?

You seem to have a skewed interpretation of the meaning for PVE, PVP and Casual.

"PVE" is for people that wish to only experience the game against AI content (hence Environment) and without any desires for a player vs player combative encounter.

"PVP" is for players that not only wish to have AI Environment but look very forward to having player vs player encounters.

A "Casual" player is a person who may enjoy player vs environment only, player vs player encounters, or a mix between the two. I favor a mixture of the two. All that "Casual" means is that these particular players do not have as much game-play time to invest as they may have careers, family, school,  and bills. This does not in any way mean that a Casual player is incapable of enjoying or participating in a PVP setting, they only have less time to invest and wish to apply their free-time more wisely while playing their games.

A "Griefer" is a totally different beast as the Griefer is typically a higher level or very skillful player with the only intentions to repeatedly destroy a player's progress and foil that player's plans. Basically, the Griefer is there for very little PVP combat as they prefer to always have superior advantages and get-off on merely pissing off other players out of spite and malice.

An "Offline Griefer" are those despicable, chicken-shits that wish to avoid PVP interactions if-at-all-possible and destroy a player's progress, killing their tames, and stealing their resources, all while that player is offline and helpless to defend themselves.

I myself have a career that allows me at least 4-5 hours of nightly time to invest while playing ATLAS in PVP mode and even more time on my weekends. I do just fine alone as a solo player, I build solid and defend-able structures, tame, and farm religiously and it has been very fun up to present. There are, however, some setbacks that I feel makes the game a bore and that is, as it relates to Offline Griefing, as this is an aspect that I feel could be easily prevented through "Offline Raid Protection". I have played on many Modded servers in many different PVP associated games where its implementation had been extremely successful by the community.

This is what I have time and time again requested from Grapeshot. Now you may not like this idea but it is NOT for you to decide if I should be playing ATLAS in PVP mode. When I come across a solid player vs player interaction it is always a great adrenaline rush, very exhilarating, and immense fun. Why should I be deprived of this kind of play mode just because the larger companies have redefined their own definition of how ATLAS PVP should be played?

Now, if Grapeshot states that they do not intend for their PVP to be played by solo players or small companies then that is something I should consider but they did not. In fact, they have mentioned several times in the pas,t that they intended for ATLAS to be accessible to solo, small, and large companies and are slowly but surely taking huge strides to ensure that ATLAS remains open for the multitude of play-styles.

Edited by vaylain

PvE is like child wich so wants to be like everyone else, but totally gets ignored by their parents by this company. This entire community has not a single admin or dev wich comes ingame and even checks out issues.

PvP however, well, if they have a fart stuck, it will be gunned out with mythical large canons instantly.

My only question is, if you are a casual player that doesn't have time to commit to long term lengthy progression games, why would a casual player choose to play PvP in a game like Atlas when you know what type of game Atlas is?

22 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

My only question is, if you are a casual player that doesn't have time to commit to long term lengthy progression games, why would a casual player choose to play PvP in a game like Atlas when you know what type of game Atlas is?

I have played many games similar to ATLAS, ARK for one and I always did very well playing those types of games. Though I may not be interested in KILLING large companies, Beating all of the BOSSES, nor try to dominate the entire globe, I certainly do enjoy the opportunity for great PVP action every now and then, build interesting structures, mindlessly farm resources, taming exotic creatures, etc...

We may go into these kinds of MMOs for different reasons but that does not disqualify either of us from being able to effectively play and enjoy a MMO PVP game. Our goals are just differently aligned, that is all...

Edited by vaylain

Just now, vaylain said:

I have played many games similar to ATLAS, ARK for one and I always did very well playing those types of games. I am not be interested in KILLING large companies, Beating all of the BOSSES, nor trying to dominate the entire globe but I certainly do enjoy the opportunity for a great PVP action every now and then, building interesting structures, mindlessly farming, taming exotic creatures, etc...

We may go into these kinds of MMOs for different reasons but that does not disqualify either of us from being able to effectively play an MMO PVP game. Our goals are just differently aligned, that is all...

Yes but that's the point, a casual player, knows what Atlas is like, knows there are aspects that require more players such as bosses, yet still chooses to play a PvP mode in a game like this, which is fine, but then complains that things are locked behind stuff that requires either more time put in to the game or more people to achieve it.

The issue is people going into a PvP game as a casual player when they know what to expect, and then complain that they can't achieve everything.

3 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Yes but that's the point, a casual player, knows what Atlas is like, knows there are aspects that require more players such as bosses, yet still chooses to play a PvP mode in a game like this, which is fine, but then complains that things are locked behind stuff that requires either more time put in to the game or more people to achieve it.

The issue is people going into a PvP game as a casual player when they know what to expect, and then complain that they can't achieve everything.

Yes, and that is my point. Grapeshot has already stated that they had intended to make ATLAS more accessible to solo and smaller tribes. I was merely reminding them that the NEW content is behind a wall and not going to be so accessible to solo and smaller tribes as they had stated that they were trying to do.

Don't just accept things the way they are if they need to be fixed, do something about it.

Edited by vaylain

Just now, vaylain said:

Yes, and that is my point. Grapeshot has already stated that they had intended to make ATLAS more accessible to solo and smaller tribes. I was merely reminding them that the NEW content is behind a wall and not going to be so accessible to solo and smaller tribes as they had stated that they were trying to do.

It is accessible though. I play solo and was offered the chance to do the Kraken. The only reason I turned it down was because i'm not in a position yet to make a Brig.

Plenty of solo and small companies have done it.

It was like when the FoY was released, so many people, particularly those that never even attempted it complained that it was going to be impossible for solo players to do it and then they'd end up the the old age debuff constantly. I found on my first solo attempt that I could just run in and get it. So it shows that although something my look like it's impossible for solo/ small companies it's not necessarily the case. The Devs can't make it too easy otherwise there'd be no challenge at all.

On 6/2/2019 at 12:37 AM, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

It is accessible though. I play solo and was offered the chance to do the Kraken. The only reason I turned it down was because i'm not in a position yet to make a Brig.

Plenty of solo and small companies have done it.

It was like when the FoY was released, so many people, particularly those that never even attempted it complained that it was going to be impossible for solo players to do it and then they'd end up the the old age debuff constantly. I found on my first solo attempt that I could just run in and get it. So it shows that although something my look like it's impossible for solo/ small companies it's not necessarily the case. The Devs can't make it too easy otherwise there'd be no challenge at all.

It wasn't that the FOY was impossible it was the fact that it was not thought out very well and was implemented so ridiculously. That was why we were complaining. I personally tried to do the FOY and found it an absolute shit show and not worth it so I had grudgingly accepted the debuff. I was very elated when, after our constant bitching, Grapeshot relented and decided to remove the debuff. THAT is especially why we lodge our complaints here on the forums. Whenever we feel something needs to be corrected, Grapeshot often times will heed our complaints and suggestions and find creative ways to rectify it.

By the way, just because something is EASY for you does not necessarily mean that it MUST be easy for every other player. I know of no solo nor small companies that have slain the Kraken without additional help. The challenge for PVP is not the PVE content, it is to promote large PVP encounters. In this Pirate MMO, that would be large Base sieges and Fleet to Fleet naval battles.

Edited by vaylain
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, vaylain said:

Don't just accept things the way they are if they need to be fixed, do something about it.

Ark is arena, Atlas is BG's. The meta for each is different. They want Atlas to be different from Ark so when you say well Ark had it then they don't care cause they want this game to not be an Ark clone.

You are basically saying you want to have the game to be set up to work for you. The game has a window for you to be attacked and you want it to be smaller. How small do you want it to be? From 5:00PM-6:00PM EST every other Sunday except during GoT season cause you want things but don't want to commit to having them? The way I look at it is you are choosing not to do what you need to do which is either play more or join others so now you want them to change the game to work with your decision that you know is causing you to fail.

7 hours ago, Cpt.Yarrr said:

PvE is like child wich so wants to be like everyone else, but totally gets ignored by their parents by this company. This entire community has not a single admin or dev wich comes ingame and even checks out issues.

PvP however, well, if they have a fart stuck, it will be gunned out with mythical large canons instantly.

Then explain this!

jat.PNG

16 minutes ago, vaylain said:

It wasn't that the FOY was impossible it was the fact that it was not thought out very well and was implemented so ridiculously. That was why we were complaining. I personally tried to do the FOY and found it an absolute shit show and not worth it so I had grudgingly excepted the debuff. I was very elated when, after our constant bitching, Grapeshot relented and decided to remove the debuff. THAT is especially why we lodge our complaints here on the forums. Whenever we feel something needs to be corrected, Grapeshot often times will heed our complaints and suggestions and find creative ways to rectify it.

By the way, just because something is EASY for you does not necessarily mean that it MUST be easy for every other player. I know of no solo nor small companies that have slain the Kraken without additional help. The challenge for PVP is not the PVE content, it is to promote large PVP encounters. In this Pirate MMO, that would be large Base sieges and Fleet to Fleet naval battles.

So as a solo where do you fit into these large land and sea battles? 🤔 

😉

~Lotus

6 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Ark is arena, Atlas is BG's. The meta for each is different. They want Atlas to be different from Ark so when you say well Ark had it then they don't care cause they want this game to not be an Ark clone.

You are basically saying you want to have the game to be set up to work for you. The game has a window for you to be attacked and you want it to be smaller. How small do you want it to be? From 5:00PM-6:00PM EST every other Sunday except during GoT season cause you want things but don't want to commit to having them? The way I look at it is you are choosing not to do what you need to do which is either play more or join others so now you want them to change the game to work with your decision that you know is causing you to fail.

Um, you really need to improve on your reading comprehension. I said nothing of the sort. In fact, you are so far off my topic that I have no idea where to even correct you. Stay off the drugs man...

So as a solo where do you fit into these large land and sea battles?

I don't fit into this, I had already admitted this as much. I enjoy pvp when it is "mano a mano". I do not prefer large, pointless battles like that but then again, not everyone has to in order to play a PVP MMO and that is the beauty of such a game. We all will get out of it what we want to and our goals can be different.

Edited by vaylain

13 minutes ago, vaylain said:

Um, you really need to improve on your reading comprehension. I said nothing of the sort. In fact, you are so far off my topic that I have no idea where to even correct you. Stay off the drugs man...

I will simplify it for you based on what I have read from you. You are basically saying that you want to play on PvP but not be attacked. You want the game to work so you can fight when you want with who you want. Anybody that doesn't meet YOUR criteria isn't allowed to fight you. You want an ORP put into a game that's principle of PvP is territory wars. So I asked you how small of a window should they make it? To me you want to be a small PvP company but lack the ability to do that so you want them to change the game.

~Lotus

52 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Then explain this!

jat.PNG

~Lotus

Whats to explain? He sleeps on the job, you only pointed out where.

Also, wich server is this? You do not prove a single thing.

Edited by Cpt.Yarrr

9 minutes ago, Lotus said:

I will simplify it for you based on what I have read from you. You are basically saying that you want to play on PvP but not be attacked. You want the game to work so you can fight when you want with who you want. Anybody that doesn't meet YOUR criteria isn't allowed to fight you. You want an ORP put into a game that's principle of PvP is territory wars. So I asked you how small of a window should they make it? To me you want to be a small PvP company but lack the ability to do that so you want them to change the game.

~Lotus

Nope, not what I had said at all. I said I enjoy playing on PVP servers and enjoy being attacked in pvp encounters but I despise "Offline Griefers" that only wish to destroy someone's hard work while they are offline and unable to defend their base and this is where the ORP concept would be a consideration. ORP has worked in many modded versions of the PVP games that I have played in the past.

Of course, I wish to see the game mold into one that I would prefer to play and enjoy, who wouldn't? Again, the DEVs already stated that they had full intention to make ATLAS accessible for all kinds of playstyles, be it solo, small, or large companies.

Edited by vaylain

1 minute ago, vaylain said:

Of course, I wish to see the game mold into one that I would prefer to play and enjoy, who wouldn't? Again, the DEVs already stated that they had full intention to make ATLAS accessible for all kinds of playstyles, be it solo, small, or large companies.

DEVs state loads and loads of thing wich are never gonna happen.

All these bugs wich are here from day 1 and still not fixed, I hate to break it to you but do not get any hopes.

Just now, Cpt.Yarrr said:

DEVs state loads and loads of thing wich are never gonna happen.

All these bugs wich are here from day 1 and still not fixed, I hate to break it to you but do not get any hopes.

I do have hopes but they often times get stomped on. I am used to it, such is life...

9 minutes ago, Cpt.Yarrr said:

Whats to explain? He sleeps on the job, you only pointed out where.

Also, wich server is this? You do not prove a single thing.

It was PTR my tribe mate found him in a bush. He may have ended up in a cage at one point.

7 minutes ago, vaylain said:

Nope, not what I had said at all. I said I enjoy playing on PVP servers and enjoy being attacked in pvp encounters but I despise "Offline Griefers" that only wish to destroy someone's hard work while they are offline and unable to defend their base and this is where the ORP concept would be a consideration. ORP has worked in many modded versions of the PVP games that I have played in the past.

How many of those games were based on controlling territory though?

~Lotus

2 minutes ago, Lotus said:

It was PTR my tribe mate found him in a bush. He may have ended up in a cage at one point.

How many of those games were based on controlling territory though?

~Lotus

I am not sure, I despise the WHOLE controlling territory aspect. I only play on the Lawless islands.

3 hours ago, Lotus said:

~Lotus

Or just off with the... you get the picture.

3 hours ago, vaylain said:

I do have hopes but they often times get stomped on. I am used to it, such is life...

True.

Altho ingame its so unnecessary for the majority of the time.:classic_biggrin:

I haven’t been able to see from the comments, was there a wipe at all? I’ve been out of town for a couple weeks,

TIA

WTH Grapeshot?  Why didn't you reset our skill points if you had made new changes to the skill trees? There are new avenues to take and new skills present on those branches, so I feel a free reset is necessary. In addition, your latest patch for some reason had reset all of my key mappings back to their defaults, not sure why you didn't just rest the skill points as well.

Please and Thank you.

Edited by vaylain

On 6/1/2019 at 11:27 AM, Jazzo584442 said:

Why complain? You know this game is not complete, and yet you cry like a little girl. this game is still in its creation phase they let us play it while they are creating it as an ark player I understand the frustrations that you know we went through from wild card but they're trying you're complaining over a game that isn't even finished. If the game really is that much of a burden to you stop playing other than that stop crying and evolve like the game is.

what you call compain is actually feedback, wich is the very reason this forum exist, so if you havent got any feedback stfu.

On 6/1/2019 at 12:40 PM, Jazzo584442 said:

It's only inaccessible as a solo tribe if you don't try anything is accessible to anybody as an ark player I've learnt that time and time again doing boss fights on my own grinding out all the artifacts materials to do everything on my own it is possible for you to have all that stuff but I mean if you don't want to try I guess you're never going to get it

yeah?? go solo the kraken version 2.0 you smart ass.