Sign in to follow this  
Maxi

OFFICIAL REQUEST: TURNBACK SKILL POINT

This is stupid, this server died and came back to the patch...  Skill Points = ruined now, can't do nothing. 

PLEASE TURN IT BACK

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Be sure to read the patch notes! They will be applying the new update for the changed skill trees which includes 1 free respec ~ This should help!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VioletCutie said:

Be sure to read the patch notes! They will be applying the new update for the changed skill trees which includes 1 free respec ~ This should help!

I DID... my server was hit with the patch EARLIER due to crashing.  Taming Tree took almost all skill points at lvl 30... this patch kills solo play and forces people to join zerg guilds.

WAY TO KILL YOUR GAME PEOPLE QUITTING NOW.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maxi said:

I DID... my server was hit with the patch EARLIER due to crashing.  Taming Tree took almost all skill points at lvl 30... this patch kills solo play and forces people to join zerg guilds.

WAY TO KILL YOUR GAME PEOPLE QUITTING NOW.

Their Early Access game* they’re testing things out. 

6 minutes ago, Khilandros said:

The 7.0 patch hasn't been released yet, so there hasn't been any changes to the skill tree.

The patch will be out very soon that will give you a free respec and make the changes to the skill tree.

Is it really that difficult to comprehend what I am saying? my server was hit with a SERVER CRASH, which once back up was already PATCHED WITH THE FREE RESPEC AND CHANGES TO SKILL TREE.  I KNOW THIS BECAUSE I AM ON THE SERVER RIGHT NOW WITH ALL OF MY FRIENDS.

My friend made a second character, level 8... Can't do anything.... amazing patch! new players = ruined.

Edited by Maxi

Yea feel your pain. Just logged in level  25 and holy crap can't do anything I was already working on was having fun farming and building ship and armor and getting into the weapons. Now ... I have to pick maybe half of what I was doing. Barely had the points to  be able to finish building my ship frame but can't get my armor/sails/taming/weapons *well got bow at least*

Yes you get a respect but the skill cost now kills you some skills now cost 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10 points and they didn't increase the points you earn each level.

I got this update almost one hour ago and nobody believed me.  This game just loves to try and kill itself.  Literally everyone I know is quitting

At level 51 in Official I went from having 4 maxed trees and dabbling in 3 others, to barely being able to max a single tree. 

• Sad 1

Holy crap did they take everything away I cant do anything anymore cant even have a way to defend myself without being like lvl 20 lmao RIP

The changing of skillpoint requirement is crap… better focus on other stuff right now… ist Eearly Access, we dont Need prober balancing… Im trying out this game alone, with the new skillpoint requirement i cant do shit. Well i cant join the server anyway due to a bug ^^

The idea was a good one, but the implementation is bad. You're essentially useless if you're a crafting spec, and can't do anything if you're a pvp spec. The points per level need a fair increase with these values. 

• Like 2

Sorry devs,

i like this game, but with this change it is unplayable for me as an solo player,

also it is unplayable with two persons.

• Like 3

Lolz, dude this needed to happen, there is no reason people should be able to spec into multiple trees.... this is an mmorpg.... They are promoting different jobs and so on, so not EVERYONE can tame and ride animals, not EVERYONE can build ships in a tribe and so on.... guys... you knew it was gonna happen! C'mon, you didn't really think it'd stay like this, did you? AND they've said for a few days that they were gonna do this... it's EA.. everything is subject to change.. EVERYTHING.. chill out, it'll all work out 🙂

2 minutes ago, Ellentro said:

The idea was a good one, but the implementation is bad. You're essentially useless if you're a crafting spec, and can't do anything if you're a pvp spec. The points per level need a fair increase with these values. 

I agree with this, though..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

should at least have enough points for 2 skill trees.... who the hell wants to just craft and not be able to pvp when no one from the company is on?

• Like 1

lol the math does not even add up with this new skill system literally you cant fight and build ships not enough points. Game is toasted with this!

If you cant spec into multiple trees and there is no way to sell goods AKA an auction house then its unplayable without a company of at least 20 different people to have enough to cover all the bases. 15 disciplines but have to have some basics like survival points so somewhere around 20 people to be able to have top end stuff on all trees. 

Edited by trik

1 hour ago, Maxi said:

This is stupid, this server died and came back to the patch...  Skill Points = ruined now, can't do nothing. 

PLEASE TURN IT BACK

Yes, Please turn it back. Its worse now for smaller parties. it was fine before. 10 SP is to much for small groups.

agree. we need to reduce the skill point req. or turn back previous skill tree system!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WildWyvern20 said:

Lolz, dude this needed to happen, there is no reason people should be able to spec into multiple trees.... this is an mmorpg.... They are promoting different jobs and so on, so not EVERYONE can tame and ride animals, not EVERYONE can build ships in a tribe and so on.... guys... you knew it was gonna happen! C'mon, you didn't really think it'd stay like this, did you? AND they've said for a few days that they were gonna do this... it's EA.. everything is subject to change.. EVERYTHING.. chill out, it'll all work out 🙂

I agree with this, though..

It's not an MMO it's a survival game, no matter what is stated on the box. With this new change, me and my friends who had a nice thing going, dividing over the different trees who can do what can now no longer operate with our small group. It's just stupid. If you want people to pick a certain "profession" the game needs to provide a system of trade so you can fill the holes your prof has in a reliable way. Now it's join a zerg guild or get fucked. Not to mention the horrible feel it gives to the grind. The grind was tedious but acceptable because you unlocked alot of stuff and could have fun. Now my lvl 23 feels like a lvl 5 again. And playing 3 days to get to lvl 5 makes me uninstall. I'll wait it out personally to see a response/ change. But if this doesn't get reverted I'm bailing. And if I look at the forum, it won't be just me.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

This will kill off the game for my group as well.  Most are just starting, and those on the fence will definitely not be buying into this game if the skill tree is in this state.

Besides the fact that now none of us can even spec into the ship that we are now trying to finish building, even at max level, this type of tree would barely permit us to finish even one specialization at max (or not even dive enough into the deeper ones)...

• Confused 1

Just now, Verisan said:

It's not an MMO it's a survival game, no matter what is stated on the box. With this new change, me and my friends who had a nice thing going, dividing over the different trees who can do what can now no longer operate with our small group. It's just stupid. If you want people to pick a certain "profession" the game needs to provide a system of trade so you can fill the holes your prof has in a reliable way. Now it's join a zerg guild or get fucked. Not to mention the horrible feel it gives to the grind. The grind was tedious but acceptable because you unlocked alot of stuff and could have fun. Now my lvl 23 feels like a lvl 5 again. And playing 3 days to get to lvl 5 makes me uninstall. I'll wait it out personally to see a response/ change. But if this doesn't get reverted I'm bailing. And if I look at the forum, it won't be just me.  

I will give you one guess as to whom can now take over the entire server with this new skill tree.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

What I'm reading into this is even more of a push towards unofficial servers again. Here's our game and this is now our stat and skill layout... 

Eh no thanks official soon to be wasteland again and unofficial back to the norm =(

1 minute ago, Verisan said:

Dude, they promote trading.... but PLAYERS have to do it.... this may kick that into gear... this isn't like ark... this is a whole new ballgame