So I decided to finally go out and get my first NPC crew mate!

ZyIN5LL.jpg

Yes he looks like a bit of a goof. :classic_laugh:

Staying in the theme of Monkey Island i've named him Stan.

Not quite the vibrant representation of the original Stan yet though......

giphy.gif

😂 Hope this brings back memories for Monkey Island fans!

Anyway, I was wondering, what do people put into their NPC levels? I'm not really sure myself what's necessary, but then again maybe it depends on what you've got them for. So to give a little context, my game play right now is basically me on my lonesome on PvE. I like just hanging around holding on to my treasure....

Monkey_Island_2_%2528MS-DOS%2529_03.gif

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Jokes aside, so I'm going to mainly be using Stan to man the sails and swab the deck. That's pretty much it. Is there any important stats I should focus on?

• Haha 1

If you are just cruising around and collecting gold and resources, I usually just dump it into food. If you are planning on doing the Kraken or anything like that, I'd do hitpoints. Don't bother with anything else right now.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Sydhart said:

If you are just cruising around and collecting gold and resources, I usually just dump it into food. If you are planning on doing the Kraken or anything like that, I'd do hitpoints. Don't bother with anything else right now.

LOL 100% this.

The reason being, all other stats are useless, or have no use for a deck swabbing (damn Guybrushes crewmate looks like he has an IQ of 3) automaton.   BUT.... a fat bastard, will live longer if your larder runs dry!!!   :classic_biggrin:

36 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Hope this brings back memories for Monkey Island fans!

awesome, Stan!  yep remember Stan.  Wasn't he the shipyard guy?  I must have been like 10 when it came out!

Edited by Vorxius
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

LOL 100% this.

The reason being, all other stats are useless, or have no use for a deck swabbing (damn Guybrushes crewmate looks like he has an IQ of 3) automaton.   BUT.... a fat bastard, will live longer if your larder runs dry!!!   :classic_biggrin:

awesome, Stan!  yep remember Stan.  Wasn't he the shipyard guy?  I must have been like 10 when it came out!

Haha yep he was the shipyard guy. Seems rather apt that he's swabbing the decks on my ship! 😂

I've also named my first bear Otis.

giphy.gif

I was also about 10 when it first came out, the first proper game that I played.

1 hour ago, Sydhart said:

Yeah I'm not planning on Kraken any time soon, so i think i'll stick to food. 👍

Food is where it is at then. Get them all fat and happy and then if you need to take a break for a few days find some celery for the larder (it lasts a long time) and you can leave them for days without any other food.  🙂

I was 14 when Monkey Island came out. I loved that game. That looked and sounded sweet on my Tandy 1000 TL. I even upgraded the sound to sound blaster sound. Took me all summer of helping cut and haul tobacco just to buy that upgraded sound! 

I think I was too young to try root beer!  I tried it because I figured it must be pretty cool!   

Yuk!  Life long put off!   No wonder it killed Lechuck lol