Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

Region Lock ASAP

If you have played this game you probably understand why this game needs region lock. Please for everything keeping our sanity in tact, please region lock the game. I being from the US should not be playing on the EU server and shadow raiding everyone's everything while they are sleeping, just like they shouldn't be doing it on the NA server. 

North America is the following:

• Bermuda
  • Canada
  • Caribbean
  • Central America
  • Mexico
  • United States
  • & a small portion of Greenland so throw them in there too. 

It is not:

• Russia
  • China
  • Great Britain
  • Germany, etc. 
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Chimera said:

If you have played this game you probably understand why this game needs region lock. Please for everything keeping our sanity in tact, please region lock the game. I being from the US should not be playing on the EU server and shadow raiding everyone's everything while they are sleeping, just like they shouldn't be doing it on the NA server. 

North America is the following:

• Bermuda
  • Canada
  • Caribbean
  • Central America
  • Mexico
  • United States
  • & a small portion of Greenland so throw them in there too. 

It is not:

• Russia
  • China
  • Great Britain
  • Germany, etc. 

Well I think that region locking is a good idea you can't just do it because there raiding when your not on someone living in North America could be playing late and still raid you when your asleep doesn't become mean it's an EU player. If it was an EU player you could raid him when hes asleep .

30 minutes ago, Chimera said:

why this game needs region lock.

Please, tell me more?

Btw, we have NO any sort of region lock in old good EvE online.

PS from Russia with love -)

Edited by Redrick

51 minutes ago, Hackjob said:

Well I think that region locking is a good idea you can't just do it because there raiding when your not on someone living in North America could be playing late and still raid you when your asleep doesn't become mean it's an EU player. If it was an EU player you could raid him when hes asleep .

And they should be raided if they are EU playing on the NA server, because one group is native and the targeted demographic of the server and one group is not. I couldn't complain at all if I was on the EU server and getting raided during the EU time zones when I'm sleeping, because I'm not the targeted consumer for the EU server, I'm the outlier at that point, and I should be getting punished for playing somewhere with high ping vs my own local servers.

Gentle Time Zones: (No  specific time zones included) 

• Russia: 11 am
  • China: 4pm 
  • Canada: 3am 
  • Mexico: 2am 
  • US East: 3am 

Servers are hosted in the US. Meaning that I have 60 ping to them, sometimes lower. Now let's take the guy from China who has 600+ average ping. Does that need explaining? I'm going to say no, if this isn't your first multiplayer game how lag effects gameplay doesn't really need to be explained any further.  Also base defense during normal people sleep time is almost impossible when you have people logging in on their prime time. Look at the time chart above.Your tribe might have one or two night owls in your tribe, but when you get zerged by 20 people who's prime time in their zone...does that need any more explaining? 

They need to open up OCE and SEA servers, and region lock. As I said many times in other threads: PvP should be balanced, fun, and fair. What is fair above getting your base rushed by twenty people who the servers weren't intended for on your own native server with no way to defend it because you're a normal human that needs to sleep? I should not have to go to the EU forum and be like "Hey you guys, tribe xyz is looking for 30 nerds to join to fight the zerg /offline raiding that happens at sleep time on the NA server. Who's in?" That shouldn't be a thing. Either region lock or add in Dark & Lights war dec/house protection system, so people can go to sleep, wake up the next day, and still have their shack. 

41 minutes ago, Redrick said:

Please, tell me more?

Btw, we have NO any sort of region lock in old good EvE online.

PS from Russia with love -)

But is there absolutely no way to defend your stuff while you're sleeping like in Atlas? I know nothing about EvE, but every current game tends to eventually region lock or tends to region lock down the line.