Teach

guide DEDICATED Server Setup (1x1 Grid Examples)

I've found the solution to the ingame map not showing up issue in another thread.

Putting the map images on your dedicated server is NOT enough (it might not even be required, I didn't  test without it)

You need to put the mapfiles on a WEB server which is identified by

• MetaWorldURL --> folder on webserver where the cell images are
  • MapImageURL -> full web path to MapImg.jpg

Example:

Webserver is example.com, all your files are located within http://example.com/ServerGrid then your ServerGrid.json needs to contain:

• "MetaWorldURL": "http://example.com/ServerGrid",
  • "MapImageURL": "http://example.com/ServerGrid/MapImg.jpg"
Edited by Someone123

@Teach

Many thanks for making this guide!!

But i have two problems:

First, i cannot set the ports in my fritz.box - because there is only something like UDP and TCP, Remote Host etc..... i don´t know what i should chose for the seamless port etc.... 

Second, i made the whole process and everything worked like it should. But where can i find the server now in the game? If i want to set the server as a favorite in steam, how to name it there? 

But the biggest problem will be, how to give the ports free...... i set ports free before, but i knew it was UDP or TCP .... i never heard of the port names you postet.....

Would you please help me?

Regards,

Chris

@chriswkf - the ports need to be open on TCP and UDP in both the windows firewall (assuming you are using windows) and in your router settings as well. As far as your second question goes, the first will solve it. If your ports aren't forwarded properly you will not be able to see your server in the list.

Edited by Captain Contagious

@chriswkf - In windows 10 you need to open windows defender firewall with advanced security, go to inbound rules and create 2 new rules, one for ATLAS TCP and one for ATLAS UDP.
fire1.PNG.31c6ade6316403bb8dc524c96bd51dd4.PNG

You enter your ports where you see the 0's using either single port (5765, 5768, etc) or a range (12345-12350 just an example). Enter the ports that you have in your bat file.

udp.PNG.ab2f60e05709721552090e96bb739e7c.PNG

tcp.PNG.6972556f820ea64ba0ed94b45427d663.PNG

Hope this helps!

Hm.... now i am getting this error...

Before setting the ports it worked.

"

LowLevelFatalError [File:H:\YARKUpdate\Projects\ShooterGame\Source\ShooterGame\Private\DatabaseShared_Redis.cpp] [Line: 144] 
Redis Failed To Connect! Check that it's running and connectable from here or edit ServerGrid.ServerOnly.json if this is incorrect. URL=127.0.0.1 EX="connect() failure"

VERSION: 8.72 
KERNELBASE.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffb47c5a388) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ShooterGameServer.exe!FOutputDeviceWindowsError::Serialize() (0x00007ff6352b7873) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsplatformoutputdevices.cpp:95]
ShooterGameServer.exe!FError::LowLevelFatal() (0x00007ff63528ed06) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:354]
ShooterGameServer.exe!`FDatabaseRedisShared::GetOrCreateClientConnectionHelper'::`1'::catch$0() (0x00007ff6366dc08d) + 103 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\databaseshared_redis.cpp:144]
MSVCR120.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffb1da06920) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
MSVCR120.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffb1d9fe36d) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffb4b23ed63) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ShooterGameServer.exe!FDatabaseRedisShared::GetOrCreateClientConnectionHelper() (0x00007ff634436a5c) + 59 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\databaseshared_redis.cpp:137]
ShooterGameServer.exe!FDatabaseRedisShared::GetOrCreateClientConnection() (0x00007ff63443647a) + 20 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\databaseshared_redis.cpp:165]
ShooterGameServer.exe!UDatabase_ClusterInfo_Redis::Init() (0x00007ff63444383e) + 173 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\database_clusterinfo_redis.cpp:97]
ShooterGameServer.exe!UShooterGameInstance::StartGameInstance() (0x00007ff634899c88) + 20 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\shootergameinstance.cpp:307]
ShooterGameServer.exe!UGameEngine::Init() (0x00007ff6357fa0f6) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gameengine.cpp:735]
ShooterGameServer.exe!UShooterEngine::Init() (0x00007ff634885f8f) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\shooterengine.cpp:396]
ShooterGameServer.exe!FEngineLoop::Init() (0x00007ff6343f74ec) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2109]
ShooterGameServer.exe!GuardedMain() (0x00007ff6343f6fe2) + 12 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:128]
ShooterGameServer.exe!GuardedMainWrapper() (0x00007ff6343f70ea) + 5 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:125]
ShooterGameServer.exe!WinMain() (0x00007ff6343fcd9a) + 17 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:209]
ShooterGameServer.exe!__tmainCRTStartup() (0x00007ff6366c26bd) + 21 bytes [f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c:618]
KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffb4a333034) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffb4b213691) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffb4b213691) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]

Oh, and i need to know:

Do i need the public IPv4 IP or the local IP address? I always used the public IP, but maybe it´s wrong...

Very strange... the server works if i start it for the first time. It shows, that 6 cores are working.

In the process of searching the server in steam i started the server new and then the error happened. 

I did the whole installation guide again - same thing: First start ok, second, third..... error... 😞

Any idea?

I made a video to help people set up a 1x1 server gird its a very quick video made for people to get a server up very quickly if anyone runs into problems ill help where i can, and if anyone wants me to make a more in depth video just ask

Anyone figured out how to get rid of the message that you are still in freeport?  I've created a 2x2 and nowhere on my servers do i leave "freeport"

Big Mike Gamz

@Teach

Dear Teach,

I have used a 3x3 grid map that you provided. Fortunately, with this map, my family is enjoying our server. However, our problem is that any other users on other networks  can not find our server. I already set port forwarding and DMZ and use the server PC as a static IP address. As this settings, I can run both Ark survival and Wildcard games such as Pixark and users in external networks could also browse our servers.

Maybe.. Do I modify something codes in the ServerGrid.json? I want to know why our server is not visible to external users and can not connect. If the game port and the query port work abnormally, my wife also not be able to connect to this game as the same home network.

Please let me know. I need your help.

Edited by skib

3 minutes ago, skib said:

@Teach

Dear Teach,

I have used a 3x3 grid map that you provided. Fortunately, with this map, my family is enjoying our server. However, our problem is that any other users on other networks  can not find our server. I already set port forwarding and DMZ and use the server PC as a static IP address. As this settings, I can run both Ark survival and Wildcard games such as Pixark and users in external networks could also browse our servers.

Maybe.. Do I modify something codes in the ServerGrid.json? I want to know why our server is not visible to external users and can not connect. If the game port and the query port work abnormally, my wife also not be able to connect to this game as the same home network.

I didn't provide a 3x3- I think that comes from Grapeshot with ServerGridEditor.

To answer your question, open the ServerGrid.json file, change the IPs for each grid to your external (internet) IP rather than your internal

On 1/6/2019 at 10:58 AM, skib said:

@Teach

Dear Teach,

Just trying to understand but did you enter your external ipv4 address into your server grid editor for each grid and that same address for your bat files? Also I did make a bunch of videos on how to install atlas servers you might find some answers by watching them. They are posted just above

@Teach

@Newfiedog95

I found the cause about this issue. My router did not support 5000 ports. Query and game port were changed to 27020 and 27021 so that the external user could see my server normally.

Wildcards recommend any port numbers but they do not describe the limitations of supported features for each router. My router does not support port forwarding but instead supports the super DMZ.

Thanks a lot guys.

5 hours ago, skib said:

@Teach

@Newfiedog95

I found the cause about this issue. My router did not support 5000 ports. Query and game port were changed to 27020 and 27021 so that the external user could see my server normally.

Wildcards recommend any port numbers but they do not describe the limitations of supported features for each router. My router does not support port forwarding but instead supports the super DMZ.

Thanks a lot guys.

Ohhh ok good to know 

Sorry if this has been answered before, but is there a way to make your 1x1 grid not have the level 8 limitation?

Yes, it has been answered a couple of times.

"PlayerDefaultNoDiscoveriesMaxLevelUps": "100",
"bClampHomeServerXP": "0",
"ClampHomeServerXPLevel": "100"

Hai) If my ports 28000-28008 are already used by ARK servers, my ATLAS server will not be visible to other players? Help answer!

Great guide but im still having issues.

So i have setup a 2x2 grid, its all working fine i can connect to it fine but i have the mini map issue. i have fixed the server join map but i cant get mini map to work.
Im wondering if there is an issue with my Redis, as when i try to start the Redis bat file a window shows for less than a second then goes again.

Any one have any ideas? I have done a port forward for Redis

1 hour ago, GRIFIN said:

Hai) If my ports 28000-28008 are already used by ARK servers, my ATLAS server will not be visible to other players? Help answer!

Depends for what you use these ports.

The Query Port transfers informations between the Server and you when connected. Without it, no one can see your Server.

The Game Port is used for connection to the Server while gaming.

The SeamlessDataPort exchanges Metainformations (Maps, Spawns, Event Informations etc.)

The RCON Port is used to remote your Server without connecting to the game.

1 hour ago, Killakeller666 said:

So i have setup a 2x2 grid, its all working fine i can connect to it fine but i have the mini map issue. i have fixed the server join map but i cant get mini map to work.
Im wondering if there is an issue with my Redis, as when i try to start the Redis bat file a window shows for less than a second then goes again.

Any one have any ideas? I have done a port forward for Redis

Either the port is blocked like mentioned above or your files doesn't match naming (name, extension, double extension).

If using local ServerGrid folder both has to be "" without http url ("MetaWorldURL": "", / "MapImageURL": "",).

Workaround is to use external urls (dropbox / apache or whatever) if local doesn't work properly.

"MetaWorldURL" = url to folder for cell images (ex. http://theIPtoServer-URL/)
"MapImageURL" = url to MapImg.jpg (ex. http://theIPtoServer-URL/MapImg.jpg)

Edited by Firedragon

59 minutes ago, Firedragon said:

Depends for what you use these ports.

The Query Port transfers informations between the Server and you when connected. Without it, no one can see your Server.

The Game Port is used for connection to the Server while gaming.

The SeamlessDataPort exchanges Metainformations (Maps, Spawns, Event Informations etc.)

The RCON Port is used to remote your Server without connecting to the game.

Either the port is blocked like mentioned above or your files doesn't match naming (name, extension, double extension).

If using local ServerGrid folder both has to be "" without http url ("MetaWorldURL": "", / "MapImageURL": "",).

Workaround is to use external urls (dropbox / apache or whatever) if local doesn't work properly.

"MetaWorldURL" = url to folder for cell images (ex. http://theIPtoServer-URL/)
"MapImageURL" = url to MapImg.jpg (ex. http://theIPtoServer-URL/MapImg.jpg)

port is exclusively used for Redis, map image is linked to https://www.dropbox.com/s/nx4wkqrb4dovy30/mapIMG.jpg?dl=1
thats works fine.

meta is linked to https://www.dropbox.com/sh/10047z4swv2i92k/AABNWQHjIjuEgqtAs2i7_x_pa?dl=1

and the mini map still looks like this https://gyazo.com/c1b934f8276e859a8ab0533d205e0322

Also reinstalled Redis and my redis start bat now works so it wasnt that either

Edited by Killakeller666

5 minutes ago, Killakeller666 said:

port is exclusively used for Redis, map image is linked to https://www.dropbox.com/s/nx4wkqrb4dovy30/mapIMG.jpg?dl=1
thats works fine.

meta is linked to https://www.dropbox.com/sh/10047z4swv2i92k/AABNWQHjIjuEgqtAs2i7_x_pa?dl=1

and the mini map still looks like this https://gyazo.com/c1b934f8276e859a8ab0533d205e0322

Redis is database only and doesn't load map data, ShooterGameServer does.

Might be a problem with your dropbox for not detecting cell images. I have it on apache and it works flawless.