Teach

guide DEDICATED Server Setup (1x1 Grid Examples)

So I finally got the "unable to query" issue for my server resolved, thanks to your guide letting me know that I cannot connect via LAN. So I connected to the external IP and it got rid of that issue. Now I am having an issue where it says that I am timing out trying to connect. I am currently trying to get 1 tile going so that I can use those settings to get my 4x4 map up and going. Do you know what might be causing the time out? It shows the server on the ATLAS server list and everything.

2 minutes ago, Wildbillpb said:

So I finally got the "unable to query" issue for my server resolved, thanks to your guide letting me know that I cannot connect via LAN. So I connected to the external IP and it got rid of that issue. Now I am having an issue where it says that I am timing out trying to connect. I am currently trying to get 1 tile going so that I can use those settings to get my 4x4 map up and going. Do you know what might be causing the time out? It shows the server on the ATLAS server list and everything.

Having this same issue. I pulled the server up on the server list via steam when I looked up the IP. The server shows 0/0 and there isn't a name for the map. 1205783045_nopeople.png.7ecaab89eddec77fd6928d7696a88149.png

3 minutes ago, Chaz said:

Having this same issue. I pulled the server up on the server list via steam when I looked up the IP. The server shows 0/0 and there isn't a name for the map. 1205783045_nopeople.png.7ecaab89eddec77fd6928d7696a88149.png

Everything about mine seems fine. But I am getting no connection activity on the command prompt. Its like I am not even connecting. I did add a "-Multihome=" to my batch file like I had for ark. Not sure if that is the issue. I am going to remove it and see.

Untitled.thumb.png.fe0318ceb5a1065f3f5b3ed0a4688ae4.png

2 minutes ago, Wildbillpb said:

Everything about mine seems fine. But I am getting no connection activity on the command prompt. Its like I am not even connecting. I did add a "-Multihome=" to my batch file like I had for ark. Not sure if that is the issue. I am going to remove it and see.

Untitled.thumb.png.fe0318ceb5a1065f3f5b3ed0a4688ae4.png

If I get on the game I get the same thing you are talking about.d7f793ab57c9d385c97ab214e38b616f.thumb.png.587610d8dba1e0cf2b2d8dbdfdbcbded.png

@ MPOFFO Did you figure out your Level 9 issue?  I have same thing and cannot figure it out.  Everything else worked like a charm. Thanks Teach for your easy to follow instructions. 

4 minutes ago, RUSTIC said:

@ MPOFFO Did you figure out your Level 9 issue?  I have same thing and cannot figure it out.  Everything else worked like a charm. Thanks Teach for your easy to follow instructions. 

@MFDOOM   open your ServerGrid.json with a text editor , look for "OverrideShooterGameModeDefaultGameIni":  and edit those "PlayerDefaultNoDiscoveriesMaxLevelUps": "100",
        "bClampHomeServerXP": "0",
        "ClampHomeServerXPLevel": "100" to the value desired

So after playing around with rates etc I have discovered an issue with my second grid server and I am not sure what the issue could be. I can log in and out when I am located in the home server and use the rejoin or join new to get back in. When I enter the second grid and log out I am unable to reconnect at all using rejoin or join new. I get a Network Failure Message: Unable to query server info for invite. Both servers are still running in the steam favourites and I can still see my server listed in the Atlas server list.

Any ideas..please, please? 🙂

1 hour ago, Captain Contagious said:

So after playing around with rates etc I have discovered an issue with my second grid server and I am not sure what the issue could be. I can log in and out when I am located in the home server and use the rejoin or join new to get back in. When I enter the second grid and log out I am unable to reconnect at all using rejoin or join new. I get a Network Failure Message: Unable to query server info for invite. Both servers are still running in the steam favourites and I can still see my server listed in the Atlas server list.

Any ideas..please, please? 🙂

I am getting this error as well, can't join either of my servers 😞 Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A1 to B1 Disconnect the server connection,help me.

Edited by ASA

I finally got mine working. I just used Teach's servergrid file. I must have mine wrong somewhere. Now I am going to try and add to it so that I have a 4x4 going.

One issue I do have is that the map doesn't show when I hit M, does anyone know why?

Edited by Wildbillpb

I've got same issue.

Server is visible in server browser and I can join just fine. Yet the map is missing when pressing "m" as well as in ATLAS view.

I'm using the (slightly modified) 2x2 template map from mapeditor.

The image files are located in ShooterGame/ServerGrid/ named:

• CellImg_0-0.jpg 
  • CellImg_0-1.jpg 
  • CellImg_1-0.jpg
  • CellImg_1-1.jpg
  • MapImg.jpg

Theres some confusion about the cellimage names in this thread. CellImg is the name generated generated by mapedit but here in this thread sometimes Cellmg is mentioned. Not sure if this is one small "L" and a capital "I" or two small ll but at least two small L didn't work.

I do run the server in linux so I was able to check which files are opened during startup using strace and it did open all of the really existing files with the names I did list. Yet on client the map is still missing.

Just for completeness my system is a kvm virtual machine:

• Debian buster 64 bit
  • wine-4.0-rc3 (64bit)
  • atlas dedicated server 8.56
  • redis-server 5.0.3
  • 4 Cores (phenom II ... well running 1 core between 70 and 100% load per server)
  • 14GB RAM

Once all servers are up and running about 2.5GB RAM are free ... of course this would change as soon as some players connect.

Does anyone have a similar setup and did already solve this issue?

2 hours ago, Someone123 said:

I've got same issue.

Server is visible in server browser and I can join just fine. Yet the map is missing when pressing "m" as well as in ATLAS view.

I'm using the (slightly modified) 2x2 template map from mapeditor.

• CellImg_0-0.jpg 
  • CellImg_0-1.jpg 
  • CellImg_1-0.jpg
  • CellImg_1-1.jpg
  • MapImg.jpg

Theres some confusion about the cellimage names in this thread. CellImg is the name generated generated by mapedit but here in this thread sometimes Cellmg is mentioned. Not sure if this is one small "L" and a capital "I" or two small ll but at least two small L didn't work.

I do run the server in linux so I was able to check which files are opened during startup using strace and it did open all of the really existing files with the names I did list. Yet on client the map is still missing.

Just for completeness my system is a kvm virtual machine:

• Debian buster 64 bit
  • wine-4.0-rc3 (64bit)
  • atlas dedicated server 8.56
  • redis-server 5.0.3
  • 4 Cores (phenom II ... well running 1 core between 70 and 100% load per server)
  • 14GB RAM

Once all servers are up and running about 2.5GB RAM are free ... of course this would change as soon as some players connect.

Does anyone have a similar setup and did already solve this issue?

Start with a fresh map file, not the 2x2 that comes with it.

The 1x1 I provide in the guide renders maps as far as templates go- I'm not really a map maker 🙂 I've heard people having issues with the "stock" templates though.

Edited by Teach

3 hours ago, Someone123 said:

• CellImg_0-0.jpg 
  • CellImg_0-1.jpg 
  • CellImg_1-0.jpg
  • CellImg_1-1.jpg
  • MapImg.jpg

Did you chmod 777 your map files?

Did you try to use .png?

(MainForm.cs)

string imgPath = mapExportDir + "/MapImg" + (currentProject.exportPngs ? ".png" : ".jpg");
                string cellImgName = "CellImg";

Edited by Firedragon

While 1x1 is not exactly what I had in mind I gave it a try but the result is same, joining does work, world is there and playable but map is missing in "m" view as well as atlas view.

Could it be related to yesterdays 8.56 update?

Btw map works fine on at least one official server.

Edit1:

yes all files have full permissions for server user,

No I did not try png's by now, will try that now

Edited by Someone123

2 minutes ago, Someone123 said:

Could it be related to yesterdays 8.56 update?

I don't think so, my server (windows) runs well and i can see my map. Did you try what i said above?

Yes I did check the file permissions once again, they're correct.

I did not modify the c# file but converted the jpg using gimp, guess that shouldn't make any difference.

But still no luck

I just ran the server with strace once again the png files aren't even touched, I'll give it a try with the png jpeg files removed

Edited by Someone123

nope after removing the jpg files the png named ones still aren't even touched, yet the server does now get an error on trying to read ServerGrid/MapImg.jpg

omfg I feel so stupid right now... I kept getting the unable to query message and finally solved my issue. My ports were not forwarded correctly. My router has single and range forwarding options. I was using external port & internal port as a range under the single port forwarding. After all these years I make a stupid mistake like that .... lol

Ahoy,
 not sure if this is the right forum for the question, but my Redis-Server crashed this morning, which has happened before. The fix I found that worked was for me to run the clear.bat file which wipes my ingame profile out, causing me to start a new character. I've been playing this rendition for about 4 days and would hate to have to create another profile becaused it crashed again. Is there away that my profile can be saved even after I run the clear.bat?

Thanks! 

Has anyone got this going using their own maps? I am trying to do a 4x4 but none of my maps work, only the maps that others have made have worked. Such as Teach's 1x1. I am at a loss, the maps are exactly the same settings. The only different is my other servers are not Home Servers, and the ports are all different. I have all of the ports forwarded. The problem is right when I go into another zone, it says I am being transferred, then freezes, one time it timed out. I have also used Teach's 1x1 which worked, and just made more servers off that one. I can load into his, I just cant get to any of the ones I made.

Its killing me, I just want to play on my own server!

Edited by Wildbillpb

Hi i've got a problem, i cant find a server! I make step by step on instruction, but i cant find it (((