Teach

guide DEDICATED Server Setup (1x1 Grid Examples)

9 minutes ago, BigDally said:

I got this to work by using the default/official 15x15 project from the latest servergrid editor github download  I edited the project with my internal IP, passwords, etc.  I then edited each of the 250 tiles for my internal IP, and also changed the Lawless grids to standard grids (to allow claiming).  Exported the jsons and map images (which took a bit lol).  I then simply host the 4 cells we want to play on.  This gives us flexibility to "move" around the official map by simply firing up new grids before we sail into them, and shutting down the ones no longer populated.  Below is an example of a batch used to "host" the official M7,N7,M6,N6 grids on my PVE LAN server.

Thats another way to do it if you consider firing up the ' other ' mapserver before you set sail to it or your game will freeze.

Having just 10 players it's manage able unless you die and have no spawn to revive.

3 minutes ago, Firedragon said:

Thats another way to do it if you consider firing up the ' other ' mapserver before you set sail to it or your game will freeze.

Having just 10 players it's manage able unless you die and have no spawn to revive.

Yep, the red wall of water is a pretty good indication not to sail in LOL.  Also need to keep the homeserver grid going in case my peeps can't spawn on bed for some reason.  This is basically the closest thing to "singleplayer" for the official map without spending 1000s of $$ and hours on server hardware and configuration, with the option to have some RL buddies sail along.

8 hours ago, Captaineddy said:

Getting a 404 error for the first download link.

same here

got (I think) everything running except for databases.. so it crashes

Got it working...

only thing missing was a Launch All bat file

start cmd /k call D:\AtlasServer\AtlasTools\RedisDatabase\redis-server_start.bat 3333
timeout /t 5
start cmd /k Call D:\AtlasServer\LAUNCH_ATLAS_00.bat 4444
exit

Whenever I try to run the steamcmd I get "ERROR: Appid: <the ID that's set here> Disk Write Error, resulting in me not being able to update the server stuff, and yes I tried running it as an administrator and gave it permission when the firewall prompt showed up

Edited by RappyRed

@Teach I followed entirely your guide and at final step , launching the server , it is correctly running , seeing the "number of core 4" message , but i cannot find the server in Steam server Lan and even when adding the IP in favorites servers

14 minutes ago, RappyRed said:

Whenever I try to run the steamcmd I get "ERROR: Appid: <the ID that's set here> Disk Write Error, resulting in me not being able to update the server stuff, and yes I tried running it as an administrator and gave it permission when the firewall prompt showed up

Follow steps 2-9 (you dont need step 1 drivereasy) and apply the methods to the directories you are trying to write to:

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/steam-disk-write-error-heres-the-fix/

Edited by Teach

10 minutes ago, Yemesis said:

@Teach I followed entirely your guide and at final step , launching the server , it is correctly running , seeing the "number of core 4" message , but i cannot find the server in Steam server Lan and even when adding the IP in favorites servers

You will never see server in LAN tab. You will either (Replace WAN IP and Port with their respective values for your network):

-Connect via in-game browser Unofficial tab, check show password server (I password personally, so checking is based on your choice)

-Connect via steam://connect/WAN IP:Port or Steam Browser Favorites tab add WAN IP:Port

-Make windows shortcut to AtlasGame.exe +connect WAN IP:Port +password "YourServerPassword"

Remove the +password argument if server has no pw

If the above does not work, see the Troubleshooting section at the bottom of the guide.

Edited by Teach

6 minutes ago, Teach said:

You will never see server in LAN tab. You will either:

-Connect via in-game browser Unofficial tab, check show password server (I password personally, so checking is based on your choice)

-Connect via steam://connect/WAN IP:Port

-Make windows shortcut to AtlasGame.exe +connect WAN IP:Port +password "YourServerPassword"

Remove the +password argument if server has no pw

Still doesn''t show in game but i've just seen that my WAN is an ipv6 one , when i followed your guide i've put the IPV4 local IP where you said that we must change the ip into our one

Should i have put the WAN one on the different config? if so how can i do it since it's an IPV6 one ?

1 minute ago, Yemesis said:

Still doesn''t show in game but i've just seen that my WAN is an ipv6 one , when i followed your guide i've put the IPV4 local IP where you said that we must change the ip into our one

Should i have put the WAN one on the different config? if so how can i do it since it's an IPV6 one ?

When you go to whatismyip.com you dont see an IPv4 IP listed?

IPv6 can cause conflicts and issues with connection as reported by other members in community

Edited by Teach

3 minutes ago, Teach said:

When you go to whatismyip.com you dont see an IPv4 IP listed?

I see an IPV4 one but i though it was the local IP i had to put in the config , should i put this one? i mean the new one beginning with 147. etc

PS: sorry if i'm a noob in this, and thanks a lot for your help

Edited by Yemesis

2 minutes ago, Yemesis said:

I see an IPV4 one but i though it was the local IP i had to put in the config , should i put this one? i mean the new one beginning with 147. etc

PS: sorry if i'm a noob in this

Leave the config alone.

You connect to the server with the IPv4 from whatismyip.com :port server is running on

Edited by Teach

3 minutes ago, Teach said:

Leave the config alone.

You connect to the server with the IPv4 from whatismyip.com :port server is running on

How can i see wich port does the server uses?

Edited by Yemesis

How can i see wich port does ths server uses?

It should be in your startup .bat file

How can i see wich port does the server uses?

You designated the ports when you launch the server. Post your  launch 00 bat

2 minutes ago, Teach said:

You designated the ports when you launch the server. Post your  launch 00 bat

start /high D:\AtlasSrv\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe Ocean?ServerX=0?ServerY=0?AltSaveDirectoryName=00?ServerAdminPassword=123?MaxPlayers=30?ReservedPlayerSlots=25?QueryPort=57561?Port=5761? -log -server -NoBattlEye
exit

?Port=5761

WANIP:5761

If adding to steam favorite for first time: WANIP:57561

Edited by Teach
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Teach said:

so i've added the server in my steam browser favorite tab as 147.etc:5761 but it show a "no response" message and it seem's the server doesn't even show up in the unofficial server list on Atlas

so i've added the server in my steam browser favorite tab as 147.etc:5761 but it show a "no response" message and it seem's the server doesn't even show up in the unofficial server list on Atlas

PM me your WANIP with the server running so I can see if the server is seen externally at least

Try this file, I only change IP (which should not be needed)

It seems like you have not done the port forwarding or it's not applied all the way through. 

ServerGrid.json

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Teach said:

Try this file, I only change IP (which should not be needed)

It seems like you have not done the port forwarding or it's not applied all the way through. 

ServerGrid.json

Just replaced the servergrid by the one you sent me and checked the port forwarding they are fine  , i'm still on Discord !