Teach

guide DEDICATED Server Setup (1x1 Grid Examples)

Another satisfied customer! Thanks @Teach for the troubleshooting and the constant support in the forums. I'm enjoying the game with my family tonight before I deploy next week because of you. Little things like this make it worthwhile. Happy New Year shipmate, and thank you for your service!!!

Very Respectfully,
EBF

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Epicbaconflips said:

Another satisfied customer! Thanks @Teach for the troubleshooting and the constant support in the forums. I'm enjoying the game with my family tonight before I deploy next week because of you. Little things like this make it worthwhile. Happy New Year shipmate, and thank you for your service!!!

Very Respectfully,
EBF

Didn't know about that last bit. Really glad I could help! Thank you for yours!

I've run ark, ark abberation, pixel ark, citadel, conan and more which all worked fine. They all came with a few annoyances but I've been able to figure them all out until now. Currently I'm stuck on "network failure - unable to query server info for invite." I'm probably overlooking one minor thing and it has been driving me batshit crazy for 2-4 days. It probably has to do with my IP addresses, start batch, or Servergrid.json but after messing with it for so long I think I'm blind.

- Ports are forwarded correctly, and a few more than necessary.  Even turned off the firewall to test and created a loop-back adapter.
-  It is listed under steam->view->servers->favorites but not in the game server list.\

I attached my files below... I would greatly appreciate any help.. sigh. 

myfiles.zip

Hi TEACH, this is the first guide that has managed to get  me up and running so for that I thank you! I entered the same information into it all previous times and the only difference between all those and yours was that I used a 2x2. I could get the server running, I just could not get it to show up in the server list. I tried yours out of sheer frustration and it worked!! Would you have a 2x2 template by any chance please, I am not quite sure how to go about editing yours to incorporate into a bigger map or if that is even possible? I am willing to paypal you a coffee or energy drink boost for the trouble of course!  🙂  

32 minutes ago, Tadriel said:

I've run ark, ark abberation, pixel ark, citadel, conan and more which all worked fine. They all came with a few annoyances but I've been able to figure them all out until now. Currently I'm stuck on "network failure - unable to query server info for invite." I'm probably overlooking one minor thing and it has been driving me batshit crazy for 2-4 days. It probably has to do with my IP addresses, start batch, or Servergrid.json but after messing with it for so long I think I'm blind.

- Ports are forwarded correctly, and a few more than necessary.  Even turned off the firewall to test and created a loop-back adapter.
-  It is listed under steam->view->servers->favorites but not in the game server list.\

I attached my files below... I would greatly appreciate any help.. sigh. 

myfiles.zip

Please PM me your external IP (whatismyip.com) and have your server running

18 minutes ago, Captain Contagious said:

Hi TEACH, this is the first guide that has managed to get  me up and running so for that I thank you! I entered the same information into it all previous times and the only difference between all those and yours was that I used a 2x2. I could get the server running, I just could not get it to show up in the server list. I tried yours out of sheer frustration and it worked!! Would you have a 2x2 template by any chance please, I am not quite sure how to go about editing yours to incorporate into a bigger map or if that is even possible? I am willing to paypal you a coffee or energy drink boost for the trouble of course!  🙂  

2x2 = 4 tiles = 8 cores + 17GB ram

Just making sure you dont mean 1x2 (2 tiles)?

Are you going to be running all the tiles (Servers) from one box?

Edited by Teach
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Teach said:

2x2 = 4 tiles = 8 cores + 17GB ram

Just making sure you dont mean 1x2 (2 tiles)?

Are you going to be running all the tiles (Servers) from one box?

Hmm it might have me on the cores, I have more than enough RAM though. 1x2 would probably be the way to go on my home server, but I would be able to run 2x2 at work 😄

16 minutes ago, Teach said:

Please PM me your external IP (whatismyip.com) and have your server running

Sent

@Teach changed my ip from a cgn one to public and deactivated my ipv6 to go to v4 , that did the trick , everything is functionnal my server is up , thanks a lot to you my friend !

• Like 1

Okay so I tried myself. I added another grid, populated it with islands, ship paths etc. I changed the details in the bat to reflect different ports and co-ords while keeping everything else exactly the same. The world loads, I can see my server in the game server browser and join it. I can see it in my favourites, however, I can only see the home server and not the second grid server. I have 5755-5764, 57555-57564, 27000-27021 open in my windows 10 firewall as well as router port forwarding. The home server is on Port: 57561 Game Port: 5761 and SeamlessDataPort: 27000(your settings) and IP 192.168.0.11. The new grid that I added has the following properties - Port: 57562 Game Port: 5762 SeamlessDataPort: 27001 and IP 192.168.0.11.

When I am in game and head to the new grid it is unable to query server info. I checked that port 57562 was showing on canyouseeme and it is. I am stumped. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks very much! 🙂

23 minutes ago, Captain Contagious said:

Okay so I tried myself. I added another grid, populated it with islands, ship paths etc. I changed the details in the bat to reflect different ports and co-ords while keeping everything else exactly the same. The world loads, I can see my server in the game server browser and join it. I can see it in my favourites, however, I can only see the home server and not the second grid server. I have 5755-5764, 57555-57564, 27000-27021 open in my windows 10 firewall as well as router port forwarding. The home server is on Port: 57561 Game Port: 5761 and SeamlessDataPort: 27000(your settings) and IP 192.168.0.11. The new grid that I added has the following properties - Port: 57562 Game Port: 5762 SeamlessDataPort: 27001 and IP 192.168.0.11.

When I am in game and head to the new grid it is unable to query server info. I checked that port 57562 was showing on canyouseeme and it is. I am stumped. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks very much! 🙂

Change Internal IP to External IP in bats and map json. flush redis & delete "saved" folder in ShooterGame folder of server

Set the second grid server to start on port 57565 and port 5765. +1 is reserved for port overflow

Edited by Teach
  • Like 1

I was able to figure out my initial issues but I have a couple of questions:

1.  How do I make the server PVE vs PVP?

2.  How do I make myself an admin?

Thanks

22 minutes ago, mpoffo said:

I was able to figure out my initial issues but I have a couple of questions:

1.  How do I make the server PVE vs PVP?

2.  How do I make myself an admin?

Thanks

1. Add ServerPVE=True to launch bat (ty Contagious typo)

2. in game press ~ and type enablecheats adminpassword (the one you set in launch bat)

Edited by Teach

Thanks.  I added the bServerPVE=True line in there but it is still showing up as PVP.

Added it like this:

"start G:\AtlasServer\AtlasSer\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe Ocean?ServerX=0?ServerY=0?AltSaveDirectoryName=10?ServerAdminPassword=xxxxxx?bServerPVE=True?MaxPlayers=25?ReservedPlayerSlots=25?"

Is this incorrect?

Edited by mpoffo

23 minutes ago, Teach said:

Change Internal IP to External IP in bats and map json. flush redis & delete "saved" folder in ShooterGame folder of server

Set the second grid server to start on port 57565 and port 5765. +1 is reserved for port overflow

You are an absolute legend, thanks so much! It is up and running without a hitch now! You really are true to your name, I appreciate it and if I can buy you a coffee/energy drink/beer for your trouble, please PM me your paypal address 🙂

1 minute ago, mpoffo said:

"start G:\AtlasServer\AtlasSer\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe Ocean?ServerX=0?ServerY=0?AltSaveDirectoryName=10?ServerAdminPassword=xxxxxx?bServerPVE=True?MaxPlayers=25?ReservedPlayerSlots=25?"

it should be ServerPVE=True not bServerPVE=True, I think TEACH did a typo.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Contagious said:

You are an absolute legend, thanks so much! It is up and running without a hitch now! You really are true to your name, I appreciate it and if I can buy you a coffee/energy drink/beer for your trouble, please PM me your paypal address 🙂

it should be ServerPVE=True not bServerPVE=True, I think TEACH did a typo.

ty

19 minutes ago, Teach said:

ty

So it shows up as PVE now but I cannot join.  It prompts me for the password but says the server is full.  Is this due to the fact that I initially had this has a PVP and joined with a char?

Is shows 0/0 players on in the login screen.  Shouldn't it say 0/25?

Edited by mpoffo

4 minutes ago, mpoffo said:

So it shows up as PVE now but I cannot join.  It prompts me for the password but says the server is full.  Is this due to the fact that I initially had this has a PVP and joined with a char?

You have max players set as 25 and max reserved as 25 so it will show 0. You should change it to max players 25 and max reserved 15.

Actually, I might be wrong on that. I'll wait for a correction before I edit it. I just didn't think your reserved slots could be the same as your available.

But also I would delete the saved folder and flush redis as TEACH suggested to me so it reflects your new settings, that might help.

Edited by Captain Contagious

6 minutes ago, Captain Contagious said:

You have max players set as 25 and max reserved as 25 so it will show 0. You should change it to max players 25 and max reserved 15.

TY again sir.  Odd that it launched that way as a PVP server.

Edited by mpoffo

slightly off topic but I cannot seem to progress past level 9.....says I need to make new discoveries...but I have gone to several islands.  Any tip?

I am really sorry to everyone for having to change the link to my Dropbox!!! There have been a few individuals who have taken my work without changing anything and claiming it to be there own. I sent out the DMCAs and changed the link. Pop over to my stream @ youtube.com/64gaming and grab the new link in the description over there. So just a note to the people who are trying to host locally you need to forward your ports and make sure you have NAT reflection enabled on your router (not all have it). If your router doesn't support NAT reflection then you would have to use a VPN/proxy or replace it with a model of router that does.

I don't really watch the forums so if you want to get in touch with me relatively quickly my discord is in my streams description as well. I know it sounds bad like I am trying to push the channel hard but it is really just much easier for me to keep everything in one place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, cpjet64 said:

Pop over to my stream @ youtube.com/64gaming and grab the new link in the description over there.

Hi mate, your tutorials are very informative and have helped me as far as map building goes so I wanted to thank you for that. I just tried your download link again in the prepped server video and it is still throwing up a 404 error.