gabgab01

ship management problem

made a post about this in steam discussions, but they said i should post it here, so here goes:

our ship dies faster than we can take a nap
we built a little ship and used 24 planks to build it's hull. problem is that it takes only 20 minutes for the planks health to drop down by 100 hit points. considering that a plank has 5100 hit points in total, that makes 17 hours until our ship dies (anchored).
also considering that you cannot play every day, because, you know, you also got a life to attend to, that's pretty frustrating. EVEN especially considering taht the ship starts to sink when the plank still has 1000 health left.
so in reality, the ship dies after taking 4100 damage. on an average loss of about 100 per 20 minutes, or 300 per hour, that makes 13 2/3 hours before our ship just dies, or maintenance every 10 hours to be safe.
and if you have a day job that's 8 hours long, and need another 8 hours to sleep, and anotehr 2 hours for commute (if you're lucky), if you skip lunch and socializing with friends / family, even when you time it perfectly, you still have 18 hours of forced downtime, so the 17 default hours are definitely not enough, and ESPECIALLY not the 10-hour-maintenance-interval one might need to do.

seriously, wtf?
and how do i keep my ship over, let's say, the weekend?
while it is ANCHORED, in OUR CLAIM (or freeport, as everythign else has already been claimed)

https://steamcommunity.com/app/834910/discussions/0/1742229167203520150/
  • Like 1