4 hours ago, Leyha said:

what the settings for a small speed sail plz ? canvas 1x1 ? ty

and what is the name of file for this sail ty ^^

paint the sail you want to edit / custom paint using the paintbrush on your sail ingame. just make it a white dot or anything you like then save your creation preferably with the name of the sail or whatever you feel like you can recall easily.

open your file browser and search for the file you just saved. it most likely will be in your Atlas folder under /saved/my paintings  or somethinmg like that.

the file name should contain the name you used to save it followed with various extensions after a _ . those vary depending on the type of sail.

how to proceed from there on depends on whatever. i didn't get mine to fit yet though - but i found the file :)

My sails looks extremly bad.. Pixelparty inc. (https://ibb.co/x75n7Xy)

In the Atlas Trailer all ships had perfekt looking sails and not a bunch of pixels. Anybody an idea for that bad resolution problem? Or are we the only tribe who have this issue?

On 12/28/2018 at 10:09 AM, mizunami said:

Ive already tried that though, my double sale fucks up and magnifies top right corner. ...you have tried and tested this yourself though?

Like another poster stated, easiest way is to custom paint the sail and outline the sails (all sails if medium/large) and save it. Then use the converter to get the template. Sails are still 256x256 as far as I can tell (at least the Ark template program is limited to that, and I did get my medium speed sail to work). The reason why it magnifies the corner of your image, is because you cannot fill the whole template with a 256x256 picture. For a medium speed sail, the top left is the bigger bottom sail, and the top right is the top sail. So your image has to be smaller than the 256x256.

At work atm, so can't post a picture yet.

when you get home if you could post a picture?..i would love if you could also like, do a tutorial if you can?...i woudl love to get my sails right

I was able to make some sail templates this morning on our private server and get a few paintings on sails. I started by painting each sail completely black then saving it as a name, exiting the game, and following the guide located https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1611661732

I ended up making a company painting for the raft, small handling and speed sails and med handling and speed sails. I was not happy how the 1:1 image on the handling sails stretch a little bit, but the speed sails turn out great.

Let me know if you guys want pictures and templates.

anyone been able to get large speed sails to hold one picture across the three canvas?

On 1/11/2019 at 5:39 AM, Borisk said:

anyone been able to get large speed sails to hold one picture across the three canvas?

Yes.
You just have to cut and position the image according to the template spots in the 256 
Remember to not change the dimension, otherwise things will appear shrunken, or stretched

20190224192825_1.jpg