Sign in to follow this  
Realist

Saw the new islands on Twitter. Disappointed

9 minutes ago, Lotus said:

I bought the game for a person and they had like 1k hours on rust with a bunch of other sandbox games and stuff that is grindy like this. They didn't even play it cause of the reviews 😞

They can't spread out the equitorial islands they need to be near the 8 line because of biomes -_- IMO Remove equitorial and put in more tropical/temperate, cut more polar put in more tundra/desert.

~Lotus

Yeah I don’t listen to reviews. It was more for comedic affect that I was watching the reviews and reading the reviews on steam.

i had I think around 8-9k hours in ark. My buddy has a ridiculous 13k.

dont worry lotus. I have been giving these guys crap ever since ark released on Xbox and I will continue to hold them to a certain standard.

they already know I am about the most loyal player they have 😂 btw loyal means sticking around regardless, not kissing their asses and always patting them on the back. That literally doesn’t do them any good at all. Why breed mediocrity? 

If they do a good job I’ll tell them. If they mess up royally I’ll tell them. That’s why I get replies from them on twitter. That is also why I haven’t been blocked on Twitter. I am a constant and some people may not like me but it doesn’t really matter because I will be around when they are long gone so they don’t really matter that much.

if I didn’t care about the game, believe me I wouldn’t be here. My buddy and I do some really good bonding when I get laid off for the season so I want this game to be better than mediocre. I am planning on putting 1000’s of more hours in on atlas so I will be very demanding about certain things as well as very judgemental.

i have given them many pats on the back throughout the years but I refuse to be one of these pathetic people that just defend them no matter what. I am loyal, not stupid.

Dont cut polar! I live there be cause it is tough to survive and pussies don’t come down here. Make more islands for the coconut drinking monkey lovers to gather and rub sun tan lotion on their boyish shoulders!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Temijin DeathStalker said:

Dont cut polar! I live there be cause it is tough to survive and pussies don’t come down here. Make more islands for the coconut drinking monkey lovers to gather and rub sun tan lotion on their boyish shoulders!

Signature worthy! 👌🏻

Just let the players design the islands, I’m sure they could find atleast a few enthousiastic kids 

I want to know where they're going to put these new islands... without wiping out current islands.  Could be they plan on removing some of the freeports, which I'm wholey in support of and replace those.. or they might incl the nearby lawless.. not so much on that front, since I live on a lawless island.

They could be planning on adding more grids.. expanding the overall map and inserting more regions into it.. but nothing has been said.

I'm expecting alot of complaints about wipes in the next few weeks and why didn't you warn us threads.. Still I will wait and see.

On 5/30/2019 at 2:22 AM, znasser said:

Im not playing the PTR so maybe they are copypasted. But usually what looks like the same island on the map, its not. Even sometimes what in the map appears to be shallow waters is land in reality. So looking like the same island in the map, doesn't mean it's the same island in reality. 

Except they said they are adding FIVE unique islands, we know one is for polar ice cave which leaves FOUR unique islands for equatorial.    So it is the same handful islands copy pasted, if they had made two dozen variants of the same footprint - they would have said so .     The tundra update was way more  more variations because it was an entirely new region, whereas this is just filling in some gaps - and clearly they did not consider them important enough for a 'fair' start wipe.

The pics was on their twitter, you have to make sure you got the latest one which has them only in equator and polar the prior version had them mistakenly in other biomes.

D72_JP-WkAIkvms.jpg:large

Edited by krazmuze