Sign in to follow this  
Realist

Saw the new islands on Twitter. Disappointed

Jesus Christ guys. I guess if it’s not broken don’t fix it right? Nah.

you still copy and pasted and rotated the new islands. They are even mirrored on opposite sides. 

Let me guess, the specific areas you are adding the islands are where the Megas are right?

you need way bigger islands. Like continent sized islands. Yeah, I get you were trying to be new by having this huge map, but it just isn’t working. Make continents, not these stupid little islands, and if you are going to continue with that then you need somewhere around 200-300 more than the few that you are adding.

bu the time you put this out on co sole I am expecting there to be way bigger land masses or there will only be 3k people playing there too.

dont complain about there not being enough water. We live on earth and there is still plenty of water, as well as large land masses. Smh

If anything, there are too many island that are too big to defend for your average sized company .

• Like 1

Im not playing the PTR so maybe they are copypasted. But usually what looks like the same island on the map, its not. Even sometimes what in the map appears to be shallow waters is land in reality. So looking like the same island in the map, doesn't mean it's the same island in reality. 

15 minutes ago, oni said:

If anything, there are too many island that are too big to defend for your average sized company .

We need continent sized islands. Like whole grid sized islands

17 minutes ago, Realist said:

you still copy and pasted and rotated the new islands. They are even mirrored on opposite sides. 

Let me guess, the specific areas you are adding the islands are where the Megas are right?

you need way bigger islands. Like continent sized islands. Yeah, I get you were trying to be new by having this huge map, but it just isn’t working. Make continents, not these stupid little islands, and if you are going to continue with that then you need somewhere around 200-300 more than the few that you are adding.

bu the time you put this out on co sole I am expecting there to be way bigger land masses or there will only be 3k people playing there too.

dont complain about there not being enough water. We live on earth and there is still plenty of water, as well as large land masses. Smh

I agree they need to hurry up and release the continents they promised I'm hoping for June.

The islands are different and they are not for megas. A good chunk of them are not even claimable XD

~Lotus

3 minutes ago, Lotus said:

I agree they need to hurry up and release the continents they promised I'm hoping for June.

The islands are different and they are not for megas. A good chunk of them are not even claimable XD

~Lotus

The ones that are claimable are for the Megas however, I see the high population grids are right where the Megas are. Plus even if it isn’t claimable it makes it very convenient for the Megas to be very close to the new areas

7 minutes ago, Realist said:

The ones that are claimable are for the Megas however, I see the high population grids are right where the Megas are. Plus even if it isn’t claimable it makes it very convenient for the Megas to be very close to the new areas

You start to be a little paranoic about these Megas. I guess Megas are on the same places on both EU and NA servers right? 

Those islands are mostly in a line in the middle of the map + 4 on the opposite sides of the map so everyone has the same chance to get there no matter if he lives south or north. 

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Willard said:

You start to be a little paranoic about these Megas. I guess Megas are on the same places on both EU and NA servers right? 

Those islands are mostly in a line in the middle of the map + 4 on the opposite sides of the map so everyone has the same chance to get there no matter if he lives south or north. 

And the atlas tracker shows those are the high population areas and that is where the Megas are

4 minutes ago, Realist said:

And the atlas tracker shows those are the high population areas and that is where the Megas are

You are embarrasing yourself. 

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Willard said:

You are embarrasing yourself. 

You aren’t giving any evidence saying that I am wrong, you just want me to be. Go ahead, match up the new islands with the atlas tracker. 

And yeah, everybody knows they cater to the Megas, like everyone. They have been doing it since ark and they are still doing. There isn’t even any debating that lol

1 minute ago, Realist said:

You aren’t giving any evidence saying that I am wrong, you just want me to be. Go ahead, match up the new islands with the atlas tracker. 

And yeah, everybody knows they cater to the Megas, like everyone. They have been doing it since ark and they are still doing. There isn’t even any debating that lol

You are embarassing yourself more and more ... keep doing it, it's fun to read.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Realist said:

Where are you getting these population statistics?

Generally the megas will have the high population grids? 🤔

For PvP megas don't like lawless to much from my experience. It has a lot of shenanigans to deal with that creates more headache than it should.

To me it looks like they added more Temperate/Tropical/Equitorial Islands which are the easiest biomes to live in. Most of them are centered around the 8 line which is the only area to get equitorial biome. The problem with getting an island on these biomes is hard because they have too many freeports around them. So they put more in.

As the leader of a larger tribe I don't like the idea of the 8 line cause it means I am farthest from the polar. I need something around it though for Kraken. I am on PvE though so I don't need to worry as much about territory control.

~Lotus

1 minute ago, Willard said:

You are embarassing yourself more and more ... keep doing it, it's fun to read.

I am starting to see the way you argue now. Smh try to stay on topic

1 minute ago, Lotus said:

For PvP megas don't like lawless to much from my experience. It has a lot of shenanigans to deal with that creates more headache than it should.

To me it looks like they added more Temperate/Tropical/Equitorial Islands which are the easiest biomes to live in. Most of them are centered around the 8 line which is the only area to get equitorial biome. The problem with getting an island on these biomes is hard because they have too many freeports around them. So they put more in.

As the leader of a larger tribe I don't like the idea of the 8 line cause it means I am farthest from the polar. I need something around it though for Kraken. I am on PvE though so I don't need to worry as much about territory control.

~Lotus

Well yes, pve would be very different. With the use of beds you are never really far from anywhere.

2 minutes ago, Lotus said:

~Lotus

There is an atlas tracker so you can see the current population for na/Eu pvp and pve. As well as look at the specific cluster and see the current amount of players on each grid. It’s pretty cool actually.

10 minutes ago, Realist said:

I am starting to see the way you argue now. Smh try to stay on topic

You are the type of person who has his vision and no arguments will change it, never. Thats why I refuse to bother arguing with you 😉 there is no point. 

Center of the map is generally the most inhabitat area, megas are there, smaller tribes are there, its simply pleasant to live there. This position of new islands are in the center of map so everyone has pretty much the same chance to get there no matter where he lives. Just like Kraken position at h8.  Your vision of developers scanning where most Megas are and putting new islands so Megas have direct approach is on the edge of paranoia. Thats the last answer you get from me, i won't bother you anymore.

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Realist said:

And again.

You have still 0 hours in ATLAS. You wait for console release you say (every time again).

You cant judge a game what you never played.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Puppies4ever said:

And again.

You have still 0 hours in ATLAS. You wait for console release you say (every time again).

You cant judge a game what you never played.

Critics do it all the time. I can definitely judge behaviors and decisions because there is no need to play a game for that. Business practices you can also judge. 

Stricly gameplay is actually the only thing I can’t judge. For the rest, owning the game isn’t necessary at all.

I don't even see where continents would be good for the game, pvp or pve.  This game is about pirates and ships.  How fun would it be to be landlocked and not be able to place any shipyards?  Even on the really big islands the only things I ever see deep inland are traps and shacks for storing mats.

• Like 1

The new islands are special. They are not copy and paste.

They are a new type of island with a more realistic aesthetic.

Possibly they are NOT claimeable.

11 minutes ago, McDangles said:

I don't even see where continents would be good for the game, pvp or pve.  This game is about pirates and ships.  How fun would it be to be landlocked and not be able to place any shipyards?  Even on the really big islands the only things I ever see deep inland are traps and shacks for storing mats.

By pirates and ships do you mean non-existent big sea battles and 3 types of boats? Sure I guess the game is that.

13 minutes ago, Puppies4ever said:

The problem is, Realist has a point.  Many potential players will scan forums to collate a form of consensus, I do, it's the easiest place to see what's hot, or, what the gripes are (every game has people moaning in the forums).  Usually this will help them understand why steam ratings are what they are (i'd lynch anyone that just takes steam ratings as gospel).  People coming to the forums to understand the ratings are more likely to buy (as they're probably more interested, or nosey lol).

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Realist said:

There is an atlas tracker so you can see the current population for na/Eu pvp and pve. As well as look at the specific cluster and see the current amount of players on each grid. It’s pretty cool actually.

The website? It's not accurate 😕 Sometimes it is and sometimes it just has random fluctuations for some crazy reason.

4 minutes ago, Realist said:

Critics do it all the time. I can definitely judge behaviors and decisions because there is no need to play a game for that. Business practices you can also judge. 

Stricly gameplay is actually the only thing I can’t judge. For the rest, owning the game isn’t necessary at all.

What kind of crazy critics do you know about that have no experience with what they are critiquing?

I like dark beer. When I go out and have a beer I ask what is your darkest beer. I'm looking for a porter or a stout. When that beer comes out I want to hold it up to the light and it remain black so I can't see the light through it. That is my first judgement of a beer. The second is when I taste it for how rich that beer is. I want to feel like I am drinking a coffee level of rich. I want that flavor to be bitter it gives the beer it's own atmosphere. A lot of beers don't hit the mark I am looking for but I am willing to try many. These beers are not common because most people don't like them they normally sit in the 10%+ alcohol range. Atlas is like the beers I like not many people like them, it's a cold and bitter game, with a rich flavor.

~Lotus

Mm 29 new islands. 5 of which are in polar region and 24 in equatorial. Nothing In the rest of the map.

1 hour ago, Lotus said:

The website? It's not accurate 😕 Sometimes it is and sometimes it just has random fluctuations for some crazy reason.

What kind of crazy critics do you know about that have no experience with what they are critiquing?

I like dark beer. When I go out and have a beer I ask what is your darkest beer. I'm looking for a porter or a stout. When that beer comes out I want to hold it up to the light and it remain black so I can't see the light through it. That is my first judgement of a beer. The second is when I taste it for how rich that beer is. I want to feel like I am drinking a coffee level of rich. I want that flavor to be bitter it gives the beer it's own atmosphere. A lot of beers don't hit the mark I am looking for but I am willing to try many. These beers are not common because most people don't like them they normally sit in the 10%+ alcohol range. Atlas is like the beers I like not many people like them, it's a cold and bitter game, with a rich flavor.

~Lotus

Thank you for being up two types of judgements. Theee is a reason why you don’t see me on certain threads because it would be like your analogy of tasting the beer which would be experiencing the gameplay. 

The other type of judgment which in your analogy is looking at the beer. I have watch a lot of gameplay so I can very easily be able to judge certain aspects because I can see it with my own eyes.

i can also tell you I have watched pretty much every game review video of atlas when it was released and some of the critic said they hadn’t played the game and they wouldn’t play the game because of the gameplay they saw.

that is not wrong of them to critique the game based on what they see. Sticking with your analogy it would be the equivalent of ordering a dark stout and them bring you a light lager.

some things do need experience to judge. Others do not. I am also willing to try new things and I will be tryinf atlas even though I don’t like bitter beer. But just because I am not able to play yet doesn’t disqualify my judgements.

and as far as the website goes it is far more accurate than any player can tell me. If someone thinks I am wrong they can feel free to post the exact numbers of all clusters and grids on this thread. It is accurate enough.

6 minutes ago, AntonyVW said:

Mm 29 new islands. 5 of which are in polar region and 24 in equatorial. Nothing In the rest of the map.

Yeah some people on here said it was to make it easier for people to get to. Nah, it should have been way more spread out.

this is a very one sided decision

16 minutes ago, Realist said:

Thank you for being up two types of judgements. Theee is a reason why you don’t see me on certain threads because it would be like your analogy of tasting the beer which would be experiencing the gameplay. 

The other type of judgment which in your analogy is looking at the beer. I have watch a lot of gameplay so I can very easily be able to judge certain aspects because I can see it with my own eyes.

i can also tell you I have watched pretty much every game review video of atlas when it was released and some of the critic said they hadn’t played the game and they wouldn’t play the game because of the gameplay they saw.

that is not wrong of them to critique the game based on what they see. Sticking with your analogy it would be the equivalent of ordering a dark stout and them bring you a light lager.

some things do need experience to judge. Others do not. I am also willing to try new things and I will be tryinf atlas even though I don’t like bitter beer. But just because I am not able to play yet doesn’t disqualify my judgements.

and as far as the website goes it is far more accurate than any player can tell me. If someone thinks I am wrong they can feel free to post the exact numbers of all clusters and grids on this thread. It is accurate enough.

Yeah some people on here said it was to make it easier for people to get to. Nah, it should have been way more spread out.

this is a very one sided decision

I bought the game for a person and they had like 1k hours on rust with a bunch of other sandbox games and stuff that is grindy like this. They didn't even play it cause of the reviews 😞

They can't spread out the equitorial islands they need to be near the 8 line because of biomes -_- IMO Remove equitorial and put in more tropical/temperate, cut more polar put in more tundra/desert.

~Lotus