Sign in to follow this  
Dragonchampion

Tame Harvesting is being changed in the best way possible... by not nerfing it, but instead buffing player harvesting!

If anyone hasn't seen the upcoming Mega-Update patchnote changes, there is a new feat, "Double Harvesting" which will double all materials gathered by you. That causes a person with a good, high-level tool blueprint to blow tames out of the water, and with the addition of cargo carts, tame harvesting is going to be an option, not a requirement.

Edited by Dragonchampion
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Dragonchampion said:

If anyone hasn't seen the upcoming Mega-Update patchnote changes, there is a new feat, "Double Harvesting" which will double all materials gathered by you. That causes a person with a good, high-level tool blueprint to blow tames out of the water, and with the addition of cargo carts, tame harvesting is going to be an option, not a requirement.

They already nerfed the crab evidently. They will soon see why they messed up so bad

Edited by Realist

Isn't improved hand harvesting already that though? This might impact eles and rafs, but I doubt it'll take anyone off bears for fiber/sugars/ground thatch.

6 hours ago, Dragonchampion said:

That causes a person with a good, high-level tool blueprint to blow tames out of the water, and with the addition of cargo carts, tame harvesting is going to be an option, not a requirement.

It's a good step and you're right that it'll make hand harvesting faster and close the gap with Tame Harvesting, but there is still some Cons compared to using an animal.  The biggest issue with hand harvesting for me wasn't so much how fast I could collect the materials, but more in how often did I have to stop to repair my tools.

A Tame can carry more weight and you don't need to stop and return to the base to repair it.  Until they make it so that crew can auto-harvest or make it so that gathering tools can be repaired in the field I don't see many people switching from Tames just yet.

11 hours ago, Dragonchampion said:

I ❤️you man. You are the opposite of typical gamer bile and negativity. Thanks for bringing positive energy to the boards.

38 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

I ❤️you man. You are the opposite of typical gamer bile and negativity. Thanks for bringing positive energy to the boards.

Hahaha, thanks!

5 hours ago, CoopedUp said:

The biggest issue with hand harvesting for me wasn't so much how fast I could collect the materials, but more in how often did I have to stop to repair my tools.

Don't forget that the Treasure Hunter Feat from doing a 15 quality map also gives double tool durability.

Edited by Dragonchampion