Sign in to follow this  
mojoroc

Crab nerf WTFrick??

Tames are fuking stupid. 

I heard Ark is full of tames that do cool shit.

Maybe try that game and let them develope a game that has a chance at becoming a success rather than a shit Ark clone failure.

• Like 3

Ill be honest they shouldnt go around nerfing things without buffing something else.  Like here an idea give a crab the ability to Toss cargo at things for damage obviously cant damage buildings or ships but can do damage to wildlife, tames and other players.   like Grab cargo random ten things and add its weight up and that how much damage the thrown (cargo crate) as a weapon does but that can only be used when you are +40% weight so  in essence it limits your movement but gain offensive ability.    

Its a short range weapon but act as boulder.   

This my friend is call Balance.   Im sure someone is gonna load up the heavyiest shit in the inventory and procceed to try to do massive damage but keep in mind you lose that loot and its randomize so its alot of preparation to work with.  Keyword is Balance... for every nerf you must buff something else.   

Or..you know...pvp with weapons.

Use player skill instead of chease tame of the month that cant be countered bullshit Ark crap.

Make actual weapons viable , make player skill and ability matter , work on fixing bugs, punish exploiters/hackers, and try to repopulate the game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dragoon14th said:

This my friend is call Balance.   Im sure someone is gonna load up the heavyiest shit in the inventory and procceed to try to do massive damage but keep in mind you lose that loot and its randomize so its alot of preparation to work with.  Keyword is Balance... for every nerf you must buff something else.   

Keyword is exploit.

Wtf cares about losing 10k metal if you get to use it as bullets without the effort of crafting bullets. 

Nerfing a broken mechanic does not necessitate buffing another mechanic that may or may not be broken.

Just give us a way to adjust this on the private servers... not going to argue with what you decide to do on officials, but dear gawd, we should not have to suffer the overswing of the nerf bat on private servers (remember the sales pitch you made for crabs)

Well looks like it's gonna be crab cakes, crab stew and crab soup for a few days around here in PVE land since there's nothing else it's good for now 😕

7 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

Keyword is exploit.

Wtf cares about losing 10k metal if you get to use it as bullets without the effort of crafting bullets. 

Nerfing a broken mechanic does not necessitate buffing another mechanic that may or may not be broken.

well what buff would you consider to add to crab in to justice the nerf. 

9 hours ago, Back Stabbath said:

Tames are fuking stupid. 

I heard Ark is full of tames that do cool shit.

Maybe try that game and let them develope a game that has a chance at becoming a success rather than a shit Ark clone failure.

This game will never be able to amount to half of what ark was lol. 

You know tames are what they are good at right? That and tek. So expect more of that as well.

this is ark. We already have the Megas, the tames, the tek, the same raiding. What else do you expect.

i think you are the one that thought this was a game that it wasn’t lol. Ark players knew exactly what this game was.

time to get used to it

I want the crab to be the new gem/metal/crystal carrier. It can reach the high mountains where all these things are. Just give it a nice % reduction in weight and they are good to go.

32 minutes ago, seruum said:

I want the crab to be the new gem/metal/crystal carrier. It can reach the high mountains where all these things are. Just give it a nice % reduction in weight and they are good to go.

You could try rolling down the mountain after it reaches 40%? 

Nah just kidding. They made a bad choice with this

Don't mind the 40% weight limit, so much, but it needs to really scale with weight, not have presets.  And max jump height also needs to scale, so if say 10% burden, loose 20% height and so on.

As it currently is, the crab can get stuck on a rock and is unable to move except to reverse if it hits 40%  Can't even do a low hop to get over the rock.  Also crabs should push trees over like giraffe rhino and elly.  Big critter like that being stuck in trees is a laugh a minute.

21 hours ago, Puppies4ever said:

We sold tons of crabs. 

In my opinion the nerf is not so hard like most of you think. Most people buy a crab for farming support or treasure maps. Both options are still work. 

Only difference is, that you need now to fall down the mountain and walk to your boat for unload. But it still works.

For treasure Maps they still awesome but as a tame that was announced to Carry "heavy loads " its not capable anymore. Bears Giraffes And elephants Carry More And even reduce weight. I could carry 150k Metal And still jump which Needed a Nerf but now its not a Carry tame anymore. Imo they Need to Double the weight And Give them 25% weight reduction on everything in their inventory, And if the crab is overloaded,thats where the ability to jump Needs to stop

• Like 2

It is a good nerf.

It can be useful in pve but not for weight any more (can still carry but not jump), but treasure hunt.

In pvp, to the drain goes the disgusting meta of crab as a hub, who can jump out of danger with 1k grenades and looted gear on it.

Edited by gnihar

13 hours ago, Back Stabbath said:

Or..you know...pvp with weapons.

Use player skill instead of chease tame of the month that cant be countered bullshit Ark crap.

Make actual weapons viable , make player skill and ability matter , work on fixing bugs, punish exploiters/hackers, and try to repopulate the game.

Lul what skill?

In both games, ark and atlas, pvp is very little about skill.

It is all about resource power and player networking power.

Try pubg or Tarkov.

I haven't been uber enough to tame a crab yet, but, can they still run / walk when >40% weight?

I'm a little confused as to how this change breaks the crab, so far, I don't even have a crab, and ponder if I really need it..  It sounds like a PvE nice-to-have, rather than this 'game cannot work without it' type deal.

I'll crawl back under the rock wherenst I came now!

31 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

I haven't been uber enough to tame a crab yet, but, can they still run / walk when >40% weight?

I'm a little confused as to how this change breaks the crab, so far, I don't even have a crab, and ponder if I really need it..  It sounds like a PvE nice-to-have, rather than this 'game cannot work without it' type deal.

I'll crawl back under the rock wherenst I came now!

Pre Nerf you could overload yourself wirh unlimited cargo, hop on a crab and jump with full speed. now if you crab has 400/1000 it can't jump anymore but still walk/run.

Edited by MasterFiren

2 hours ago, MasterFiren said:

Pre Nerf you could overload yourself wirh unlimited cargo, hop on a crab and jump with full speed. now if you crab has 400/1000 it can't jump anymore but still walk/run.

it sort of sounds like the kind of thing that can sink ships!  😉

if the crab can still walk it doesn't sound so bad, if it ground to a halt at >40% i'd be a bit perplexed.

• Haha 1

this is awesome! no more ship sinking on pve servers and no crab armys on pvp servers! now lets take a look at the rest of the tames they should be nerfed to the ground so we can start get a real pirate game instead of this zootopia of pets and lagfest

1 hour ago, Ducimus said:

this is awesome! no more ship sinking on pve servers and no crab armys on pvp servers! now lets take a look at the rest of the tames they should be nerfed to the ground so we can start get a real pirate game instead of this zootopia of pets and lagfest

Normal tames are ok, you just wait until megas are steamrolling with alpha lion packs  😉

20 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

Normal tames are ok, you just wait until megas are steamrolling with alpha lion packs  😉

im in what would be considered a mega tribe and i still say that all the tames should be nerfed or totally removed.. this was labbeled as a pirate game and there is basicly more pirate in my dogs chewingbone he has at home... this is a ark clone with 3 ships… and thats it... they could make this one of the best pirate games ever... but htey choose to focus on stupid tames like crabs submarine turtles and watershooting retard camels instead of focusing what they really should focus on... more ships, more sail options , more weapon options for both ships and person pvp like melee weapons ,guns etc etc.... this is ofc just all my opinion im just disappointed that they called this a pirate game when it is what it is now… a ark reskin

Edited by Ducimus

18 minutes ago, Ducimus said:

im in what would be considered a mega tribe and i still say that all the tames should be nerfed or totally removed.. this was labbeled as a pirate game and there is basicly more pirate in my dogs chewingbone he has at home... this is a ark clone with 3 ships… and thats it... they could make this one of the best pirate games ever... but htey choose to focus on stupid tames like crabs submarine turtles and watershooting retard camels instead of focusing what they really should focus on... more ships, more sail options , more weapon options for both ships and person pvp like melee weapons ,guns etc etc.... this is ofc just all my opinion im just disappointed that they called this a pirate game when it is what it is now… a ark MOD

Let me fix that for you 

3 minutes ago, UDO said:

Let me fix that for you 

im sorry English is not my first language

Too funny.  I'm reading trying to figure out what the dealio is.   Never played Ark long enough to see or use a crab like this.  Then I finally get to the punch line...... It's used to jump over defenses then haul all your loot away with ease.  Nothing more than a few crooks complaining about the devs gimping a means to exploit a mechanic.

Then the even funnier line of logic with the whole PvP themed analogy being broken by a PvE concept that's not part of the game....  LOL.....LOL.... ROTFL.....

The crooks will try anything won't they.

Bummer now you got to get through those defenses.............as intended.......like a pirate and not a crab hopper.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dragoon14th said:

well what buff would you consider to add to crab in to justice the nerf. 

None, that was my point. Nerfing a broken tame requires ZERO buffing.

This complaining about the crab nerf is one of the dumbest complaints I've seen. Almost as dumb as complaining about a wipe on an EA game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cboath said:

Too funny.  I'm reading trying to figure out what the dealio is.   Never played Ark long enough to see or use a crab like this.  Then I finally get to the punch line...... It's used to jump over defenses then haul all your loot away with ease.  Nothing more than a few crooks complaining about the devs gimping a means to exploit a mechanic.

Then the even funnier line of logic with the whole PvP themed analogy being broken by a PvE concept that's not part of the game....  LOL.....LOL.... ROTFL.....

The crooks will try anything won't they.

Bummer now you got to get through those defenses.............as intended.......like a pirate and not a crab hopper.

Being frank, if you feel pirates shouldn't have crabs, you clearly haven't seen pictures of what constituted as a wench back then.