Sign in to follow this  
mojoroc

Crab nerf WTFrick??

Seriously, the crab now has become a gimmick instead of something truly useful!! Never mind what needed to be done to prevent overloaded jumps, but now the crab cant even jump at all if its at 70% of its weight??! This is so freakin dumb! Make a small adjustment, but don't obliterate the tame like that.

Assuming you keep this insane nerf on officials, can you please provide a way for us to adjust this on private servers to where we want it??

12 minutes ago, mojoroc said:

Seriously, the crab now has become a gimmick instead of something truly useful!! Never mind what needed to be done to prevent overloaded jumps, but now the crab cant even jump at all if its at 70% of its weight??! This is so freakin dumb! Make a small adjustment, but don't obliterate the tame like that.

Assuming you keep this insane nerf on officials, can you please provide a way for us to adjust this on private servers to where we want it??

If they start nerfing tames they are really going to see how low the numbers will go lol

the most disgusting nerf which I have seen in the whole history of the ark and atlas.
It is clear that this is done for pvp, but it kills the whole point of the crab as a utility dino.

remove this 40% from pve!

• Like 1

We have both pvp and pve on our cluster... NO ONE wanted this type of nerf

dev need to just remove it , admit they fucked up and remove the stupid thing ,

Remove the bears, remove the cannon, leave only the pickaxe, it will be a supergame PVP & PVE😡 (Can't make different settings for PVE and PVP?)

I bought this crab on unofficial. Who will return the money? Friends, do not buy anything in this game for another 2 years!

People  been standing on crab back and jump to avoid wall and defense .

Easy fix is make people slide off crab and make crab unable to jump if encumbered , that is it .

Another day another nerf ...
Fixing the discovery points devs no cares but NERF things and do what no one asked these devs can do.

whenever something goes wrong in PVP even those who have never been there is bound to suffer the consequences and it sucks.

We sold tons of crabs. 

In my opinion the nerf is not so hard like most of you think. Most people buy a crab for farming support or treasure maps. Both options are still work. 

Only difference is, that you need now to fall down the mountain and walk to your boat for unload. But it still works.

20 minutes ago, TerrorTrooper said:

What exactly has changed on the crab??

It used to jump even when overloaded. No it doesn't jump when at 70% weight or some shit.

8 minutes ago, gadefence said:

It used to jump even when overloaded. No it doesn't jump when at 70% weight or some shit.

more 40% of max weight - cant jump. not 70%

here i use 29 points up weight. and now this crab cant jump with 2k weight lol...

v104.91

- Crab can no longer throw characters when the weight of either/both carried characters is greater than the crab's maximum carry weight
- Crab can no longer jump when it's carry weight is greater than 40% of its max weight

Edited by FlayAllster

16 minutes ago, Realist said:

70% was bad enough but 40%? Not even half of it’s carrying capacity? That is pretty stupid  

Seems about right ( for the real world ). load yourself up with 40% of your own max carry and see how far you can jump. maybe they should do this for all creatures that can jump.

I know, it fantasy - but just saying.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jack Shandy said:

Seems about right ( for the real world ). load yourself up with 40% of your own max carry and see how far you can jump. maybe they should do this for all creatures that can jump.

I know, it fantasy - but just saying.

Guess I would be a bad example. I am used to hauling hose packs and web gear and fire tools up a mountain and still jumping over rocks with close to 80% of my weight.

and that is reality.

now sure I am pretty sure if you had a 400 pound fat guy and you loaded an extra 200 on him he wouldn’t be jumping anywhere so it really just depends on the situation.

1 hour ago, Realist said:

Guess I would be a bad example. I am used to hauling hose packs and web gear and fire tools up a mountain and still jumping over rocks with close to 80% of my weight.

and that is reality.

now sure I am pretty sure if you had a 400 pound fat guy and you loaded an extra 200 on him he wouldn’t be jumping anywhere so it really just depends on the situation.

Sounds like someone is a firefighter in the western US. Stay safe out there. Also I am not hauling anything or jumping atm. Twisted my left ankle 2 days ago and am gimpy mcgimperson atm. Done it a bajillion times playing basketball but I’m not getting any younger. Stupid slower healing body is no fun.

3 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Sounds like someone is a firefighter in the western US. Stay safe out there. Also I am not hauling anything or jumping atm. Twisted my left ankle 2 days ago and am gimpy mcgimperson atm. Done it a bajillion times playing basketball but I’m not getting any younger. Stupid slower healing body is no fun.

Yep, right in California and it has been raining a ton this year. We are going to get hit hard this season. Also why I am hoping for a December Xbox release because that is when I get laid off for the off season(yeah I know that’s selfish) 😂

yeah twisted ankles are no joke. I’m only in my 30’s but I already feel the difference between now and my 20’s. Me knees are what takes the brunt of it even more than my back. My captain has had 6 knee surgeries, I keep telling him to retire but he is one of those stubborn salty dogs.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, FlayAllster said:

here i use 29 points up weight. and now this crab cant jump with 2k weight lol...

You're carrying like, 2000 metal, and wonder why the poor thing can't jump!

Poor crabby 😞

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

You're carrying like, 2000 metal, and wonder why the poor thing can't jump!

Poor crabby 😞

Thanks captain obvious 🙂

Metal gives the crab a weight of about 40%, for example.
It also shows that with full levelup weight, the crab carries less weight than a bear, and it’s impossible to get an elephant weight at all.

add. Compare the reality and the game, do not you think it's funny?)
What does this game is not even trying to be realistic.
The fact is that any animal is now better than a crab in terms of cargo transfer.
Of course, the crab has its own niches for work, such as mining chests on the mountain, followed by a fall from the mountain.
But in all other directions the crab is dead.
Couldn't the crab be differently nerfed?

Edited by FlayAllster
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, FlayAllster said:

Thanks captain obvious 🙂
You want to say that I have not noticed 4 stacks of metal? Seriously?)

Metal gives the crab a weight of about 40%, for example.
It also shows that with full levelup weight, the crab carries less weight than a bear, and it’s impossible to get an elephant weight at all.

Neither of which can jump, so........

4 minutes ago, Jack Shandy said:

Neither of which can jump, so........

and speed of movement at times higher.

4 minutes ago, FlayAllster said:

and speed of movement at times higher.

and can't jump when lightly loaded, so ones better at one thing, another is better at other things and the other about in the middle. ah! i see it's kind of ballanced!

Still can't see the problem.

32 minutes ago, Jack Shandy said:

and can't jump when lightly loaded, so ones better at one thing, another is better at other things and the other about in the middle. ah! i see it's kind of ballanced!

Still can't see the problem. 

If you do not see the problem, it does not mean that it does not exist 🙂 different views.
Just for info:
1) Crab ~ 40lvl has an average weight of ~ 1.5k.
2) Crab can not bredable.
3) Weight limit is in % ratio.
It would be possible other way "nerf" crab, but not in this way.

p.s. ballanced 🙂

9 hours ago, FlayAllster said:

the most disgusting nerf which I have seen in the whole history of the ark and atlas.
It is clear that this is done for pvp, but it kills the whole point of the crab as a utility dino.

remove this 40% from pve!

TY GS!

This was a much needed nerf to a far to OP tame. Also, it was never a dino. This isn't Ark. 

Tames have taken way to much of an importance in this game. They are absolutely mandatory for doing anything and that's a shame. They should be a compliment, not a requirement.

This was obviously done for PvP, and that makes sense. This is a game themed about being a pirate. Being a pirate requires you to, well, be a pirate. To that end the PvE setting is a modification to the concept of the game. When you ask for different settings, you must realize you were given the different setting already, and that was disabling the core concept of the game to facilitate your preference to be a pirate, who cant pirate anything. 

Regardless of whether or not you play on PvP or PvE, you have to concede that it would be unreasonable for GS to make 2 separate games with 2 separate balancing requirements for the purposes of facilitating anyone's desire to not play the game in its envisioned form.  Its a logistical issue, not a discriminatory issue.

-CS

• Like 1