INVALID

Captain's Log 30: Set Sail For PTR!

Ahoy Pathfinders!

Our Public Test Realm is now live with our latest update, ready to be explored! This Captain’s Log will cut straight to it and provide details on how to join the fun and what to expect with this mega update.

:anchor: New discoverable areas :anchor:

large.5.jpg

First things first, this update adds some new explorable islands to the ATLAS, in addition to the Ice Dungeon. We’ll be placing these islands onto the existing ATLAS, without shifting any of the current islands or biomes around, which means a wipe will not be necessary.

large.1.jpg

However, we advise anyone who has currently left their boats afloat in these areas to set sail or risk your ship being grounded! We’ll update the current LIVE in-game ATLAS later today map with a clear visual marker highlighting where these islands will be, so you can safely navigate your ships away.

We’re adding a total of 5 unique islands across the entire ATLAS (with more to come in the future). These islands will make their way onto the PTR later today and will be home to the new Giant Tortugar, carrier turtle. 

large.2.jpg

:anchor: ptr patch notes :anchor:

If you haven’t checked out all of the content, features and QoL changes we have coming to the PTR, dive into the patch notes below:

• New Cosmetics: Hydra Steering Wheel, Bone Skin Steering Wheel, Hydra Hide Armour Set, and Cyclops Heavy Armour Set
  • New Offensive Structure: Torpedo Launcher (and torpedoes)
  • New Boat Attachment: Cargo Racks
  • New Cart Attachment: Large Storage Box
  • New Tool: Fishing Net
  • New Ballista Ammo Type: Boat Harpoon
  • New Weapon: Spear Gun
  • New Creature: Olfend
  • New Creature: Giant Tortugar
  • New Level: Ice Dungeon
  • New Weapon: Crossbow
  • New Structure: 3x4 Medium Gates
  • New Structure: Ice Box - a high-insulation box for transporting ice. Has “active” mode that will drain ice but reduce surrounding temperature (reverse fire). Consumes less ice if “indoors”.
  • New Resource: Ice - Generates over time in cold zones inside of the Ice Box. Decays relatively quickly if not in “insulated” storage. Can be consumed to reduce temperature and the half negative effects of armour weight debuffs for a short duration (15s per ice cube, max of 5 mins). Ice can be placed inside preserving bags to extend spoil times, and also lasts much longer in preserving bags. Relatively heavy.
  • New Feature: Company-wide map markers
  • New Feature: Company-wide announcement
  • New Feature: Boats can now be unclaimed and claimed
  • New Feature: Full gamepad support
  • New Feat: Instant Hotbar Equip
  • New Feat: Double Harvesting
  • QOL: Structure Weights now displayed on items
  • QOL: Revamped Skill Tree UI
  • QOL: Players now have the option to turn dual wielding weapons off by holding the TAB key and the hotbar key to equip the new pistol, rather than duel wield it.
  • QOL: The grill can now be attached to water pipes
  • QOL: You can now use the F key as an option to pick up all items from the floor within a certain radius
  • QOL: Gun hotbar equip time now scales (improves) with the various reloading skills 
  • QOL: Pressing the F key whilst driving the ship, now allows you to access it's inventory menu
  • QOL: Adjusted 3rd person aiming so there is less likelihood of foliage clipping
  • Fixed skills showing up in the wrong order on the skill tree
  • Fixed a bug which prevented ships from reversing when they bumped into shores
  • Fixed a bug where brain coral and fire coral were incorrectly labeled
  • Reduced sickle damage against creatures and players

:anchor: joining the ptr :anchor:

For those who want to join in on the fun, follow the steps below to connect to our Official PTR Network.

Please note that this will be a PvP Unofficial realm with boosted 8x rates, with all skills unlocked. Including quest skills such as the submarine, torpedo, harvest boost and instant equip feat.

The ATLAS Public Test Realm is available to all players by opting into the Steam Beta branch. You can join the PTR by following these steps: 

1) Right click on the ATLAS game in your steam library and select "properties"

large.ptrproperties.png

2) Select the "Beta" tab on the popup as indicated below: 

large.publictestrealm.PNG

3) Locate publictestrealm in the drop down menu and select that.

4) Select close then launch ATLAS.

You may need to restart your Steam Clients to make sure you see the publictestrealm branch as a beta option.

We will be reopening our PTR Bug reporting channels on the Discord and here on the Forums to coincide with the launch of the PTR. Instructions on opting into the PTR Bug Report channel on the ATLAS Discord can be found in #discord_news. 

:anchor: Live Game Patch Notes! :anchor:

While working on the mega patch, we are still continuing to iterate on the live game. These are the updates that the game has seen since our last Captain's Log.

CURRENT V104.91 

- Crab can no longer throw characters when the weight of either/both carried characters is greater than the crab's maximum carry weight
- Crab can no longer jump when it's carry weight is greater than 40% of its max weight

v104.82

- Further enhancement and tweaks to skill tree UI

v104.81

- Fixed a bug where quality specific equipment would display a multiplicative % stat increase and a flat stat increase, but only one would work. Going forward, the flat stat increase will be made obsolete and items will no longer be generated with it. Quality stated items will now only generate with the multiplicative stat bonus, and this change will be retroactive.
- Fixed a bug where items would falsely state that they were providing a speed benefit (did not do anything). They should not generate anymore going forward
- Magic Mythos 3x Holiday Weekend Event is now enabled on Official Servers: bonus 3x Harvest, XP, Taming, Crop growth, Gold multiplier, Breeding and Raising of creatures.

v104.8

- Fixed a bug which prevented salted prime meat from generating in a preserving bag

v104.78

- Fixed an edge case where some players were unaffected by the XP clamp

- Magic Mythos is now enabled on Official Servers: bonus 2x Harvest, XP, and Taming rates for the weekend.
- Further optimisations for bUseNewStructureFoundationSupportChecks
- Reduced the maximum and minimum amount of experience which can be earned via execution
- Crafting Bonus on items is now capped at 60% on Official Servers
- Any character which was above level 100 will now be reverted to level 100.
- One time character respec for any character that had their XP reduced back to 100.
- One time destruction of all crafted items with a crafting bonus of over 60% on Official Servers.
- Grappling Hook 3rd Person view is now offset to the side when aiming.
- New server Game.ini configs:

[/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]
RemoveItemsOverCraftingSkillBonus = 0.6
MaximumCraftingSkillBonus = 0.6
OldPlayerDataMaxXP = 2956920.0

The above config options can be used to to cap the crafting skill bonus, destroy any items over the crafting skill bonus, and reduce player max experience to value on load.

- Optimized bUseNewStructureFoundationSupportChecks resulting in server performance gains and elimination of multiple stalls for structures. (These gains will be present on Official Servers)

v104.61

- Creatures no longer require the desired temperature after they reach 10% maturity
- Added scaling weapon slotting time by the reload skill (to align with the skill on the pistol)
- Reload time on pistols is reduced to 60% when all three pistol skills have been acquired
- 10% damage increase to pistols

v104.57

- Fixed a bug with purchasing blueprints from Player Shops

:anchor: Show 'n Tell :anchor:

We’re still collecting entries for the Show ‘n Tell! So you have a little more time to astound us with your creations, be they your fleets, building designs, imaginative tatts, entertaining videos, original fan art or scenic screenshots. Don’t be shy and head to the submission thread for a chance to win some booty in the form of a cash prize!

Alrighty, that ’s it for this log! Thank you so much for becoming a part of our crew and we can't wait to show all you scallywags, landlubbers, captains, and seadogs what lies ahead!

Happy Sailing,

Grapeshot Games

🦀 For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information 🦀

Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas
Navigate ye olde Subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/playatlas
Hear ye, hear ye on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sailtheatlas
Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas
Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame

View full article

We’ll update the current LIVE in-game ATLAS later today map with a clear visual marker highlighting where these islands will be, so you can safely navigate your ships away.

It helps to read the post.

How much weight does the cargo racks reduce items by and how much can they hold??

Can we get 2 seperate grids for Kraken V1 and V2? Or a timer of some sort?  There are still jokers/funny people/little pathetic kiddies wich have had imprintproblems by their parents who like to spawn in V2 while others are there for V1.

Real mature.

Reducing sickle damage would be fine if the cutlass wasnt so glitchy and didnt stop being useable sometimes when i'm attacked.I've reverted like I know a lot of people have to using the sickle instead,now thats not an option could you at least fix the sword?thx

7 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

Reducing sickle damage would be fine if the cutlass wasnt so glitchy and didnt stop being useable sometimes when i'm attacked.I've reverted like I know a lot of people have to using the sickle instead,now thats not an option could you at least fix the sword?thx

Grapeshot rarely fixes the relevant bugs they have already produced in favor of adding in newer, flashy content while inadvertently introducing even more bugs...

All of the melee weapons have crappy mechanics rendering them cumbersome and useless. Once you attack with them they will lock your character into a lengthy and awkward attack motion. You are unfortunately locked into this attack motion, despite your target already moving their position, causing you to severely miss. This produces a vulnerable window of opportunity for your opponent to capitalize on while your character is off balanced and unable to recover vital time as you move into a new position for another swing. It is absolutely inexcusable to lock a player into a lengthy attack motion in a PVP game where timing and precision mean life or death in your PVP encounter.

• In a PVP combat dependent system, all character attacks should allow you the ability to apply the attack swing and then allow you to instantly move, dodge, block, or jump immediately afterwards.
  • ATLAS's PVP/PVE combative encounters would certainly benefit from adding instantly applied combat moves, (IE: skill-tree feats, kicks, parries, ripostes, dodges, or etc.) increasing combat intrigue, immersion, and fun.

DEVs, I implore you, please actually try to play your game in PVP without god mode and you would know this to be true...but at last, I might as well be speaking to a brick wall as we will not be seeing any of this happening before ATLAS' followers dwindle to nil.

Edited by vaylain

Any news on when the Tarot skill tree will be added? can't wait to change my mercenary on the Roleplay server i'm on into a wandering mystic

22 minutes ago, Agent8606 said:

Any news on when the Tarot skill tree will be added? can't wait to change my mercenary on the Roleplay server i'm on into a wandering mystic

I have been eagerly awaiting a magic system since they announce the game and sold us all on their trailer depicting magic. I am sure that aspect is low on their list of priorities as they cram crap they "THINK" will pull in more players. They have never ever replied with an explanation of why it hasn't been added or if, a magic system will even be implemented into the game.

Edited by vaylain

2 hours ago, vaylain said:

I have been eagerly awaiting a magic system since they announce the game and sold us all on their trailer depicting magic. I am sure that aspect is low on their list of priorities as they cram crap they "THINK" will pull in more players. They have never ever replied with an explanation of why it hasn't been added or if, a magic system will even be implemented into the game.

They never replied due to the fact that you are not owed anything by them. When it is ready, they will add it. I prefer them actually working on a feature rather than caving to users who feel they are owed. I am glad they are taking their time and trying to minimize impact.

Oh, and kudos on the "yet another attitude ridden complaint" post.  You don't like how it is or where it is going?  Leave.  Play something else. That simple. Don't come here trying to look tough and cool by using inflammatory style posting. 

At the very least be unique, show some intelligence, and be constructive. 

Edited by y0himba
  • Like 1

Why more islands? Only a few of those already in the game is actually used by anyone.

We need more smal island´s. 15 or 23 points. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, y0himba said:

They never replied due to the fact that you are not owed anything by them. When it is ready, they will add it. I prefer them actually working on a feature rather than caving to users who feel they are owed. I am glad they are taking their time and trying to minimize impact.

Oh, and kudos on the "yet another attitude ridden complaint" post.  You don't like how it is or where it is going?  Leave.  Play something else. That simple. Don't come here trying to look tough and cool by using inflammatory style posting. 

you dont have any authority here, yet you answer in such intolerant way, totally forgetting the fact that this forum is meant to gather feedback (or what you call complaints) who do you think you are to tell a customer that has paid for a product that they have no right to complain about the product?, do not assume a job no one has given you, if you are hypersensitive and unable to deal with a different opinion go back to your cave, just because some members of this comunity are not able to express themself with proper maners doesnt mean they are not entitled to have (and voice) their opinion.

"At the very least be unique, show some intelligence, and be constructive. "

none of this is present in all your post, would be wise you apply your own suggestions to yourself

22 hours ago, y0himba said:

Despite your misguided argument, Grapeshot has implemented this very forum as a place for their player base to post about bugs, exploits, suggestions, experiences, and observations. As a paying customer, I "am" in fact, entitled to voice my continued displeasure about the direction that Grapeshot is taking ATLAS. I am a disgruntled player who has faithfully been playing ATLAS since its launch and I am well within my rights to express my negative dispositions.

Grapeshot has not been very forthcoming with any explanation concerning the magic system and continues to neglect key, bugs and missing content in what "I" believe to be an intentional avoidance of those particular matters in favor of adding in, needless content as an effort to allure new paying customers. I certainly do not need your permission nor your ridicule as I make my post and lodge my complaints, thank you very much.

Edited by vaylain

3 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

1y4ou dont have any authority here, yet you answer in such intolerant way, totally forgetting the fact that this forum is meant to gather feedback (or what you call complaints) who do you think you are to tell a customer that has paid for a product that they have no right to complain about the product?, do not assume a job no one has given you, if you are hypersensitive and unable to deal with a different opinion go back to your cave, just because some members of this comunity are not able to express themself with proper maners doesnt mean they are not entitled to have (and voice) their opinion.

"At the very least be unique, show some intelligence, and be constructive. "

none of this is present in all your post, would be wise you apply your own suggestions to yourself

On 5/30/2019 at 2:24 PM, vaylain said:

**I** have been eagerly awaiting a magic system since they announce the game and **sold us all** on their trailer depicting magic. **I** am sure that aspect is low on their list of priorities as they **cram crap** they "THINK" will pull in more players. They have never ever replied with an explanation of why it hasn't been added or if, a magic system will even be implemented into the game.

My friend, your post is full of what *you* want and assumptions that *you* know what is on the minds of Grapeshot's devs. Then you call new content crap, which is your opinion.  You then assume to tell folks what Grapeshot "thinks".  Your post and the tone of it is presumptuous, snarky and entitled. As is your attempt to insult and turn my words back on me. As for authority, you're correct, I don't.  I fail to see where you would assume I do, other than the fact that I can actually type complete sentences. 

Next time, please try to provide neutral, non-snarky input.  Otherwise known as 'feedback'. Feedback also includes information, screenshots, steps to replicate an issue, system information, driver information and more, not just attitude ridden comments.  Otherwise known as 'complaints'.

3 hours ago, vaylain said:

Despite your misguided argument, Grapeshot has implemented this very forum as a place for their player base to post about bugs, exploits, suggestions, experiences, and observations. As a paying customer, I "am" in fact, entitled to voice my continued displeasure about the direction that Grapeshot is taking ATLAS. I am a disgruntled player who has faithfully been playing ATLAS since its launch and I am well within my rights to express my negative dispositions.

Grapeshot has not been very forthcoming with any explanation concerning the magic system and continues to neglect key, bugs and missing content in what "I" believe to be an intentional avoidance of those particular matters in favor of adding in, needless content as an effort to allure new paying customers. I certainly do not need your permission nor your ridicule as I make my post and lodge my complaints, thank you very much.

You are entitled to provide constructive criticism which is a very useful part of feedback. If you read the post I replied to however, you will see that he uses the word 'I' as if he alone were entitled to the innermost thoughts on the dev's processes. He then assumes to know what the dev's are thinking(false information), and calls the new content 'crap'. This is not feedback, it is snarky, a complaint.  It contains no useful information, and the tone is snarky rather than constructive, again, a complaint.  An entitled, insulting, snarky complaint like so many self-entitled Internet tough typers. 

My argument is far from misguided. The forums are for 'bugs, exploits, suggestions, experiences, and observations.'  You are entitled to accurately describe an issue that is not to your liking. In a constructive, polite and informative manner. That is called 'feedback'. 

The forums have become a haven for keyboard warriors, individuals who use tough, inflammatory rhetoric in an attempt to draw attention.  One is not, in fact, entitled to be rude, to berate, insult or provide crap posts full of nothing but snark and immaturely expressed displeasure. The post that I replied was one of those posts. 

Grapeshot owes you no explanations about their process of development. They may address the community about an issue if they wish, but you, as an individual are not entitled to anything except being able to play the game you purchased under the early access agreement.  You have that, and by your own words, have been playing it quite a bit.

Polite discussion and constructive, well expressed, polite feedback is almost always welcome

Edited by y0himba

My friend, your post is full of what *you* want and assumptions that *you* know what is on the minds of Grapeshot's devs. Then you call new content crap, which is your opinion.  You then assume to tell folks what Grapeshot "thinks".  Your post and the tone of it is presumptuous, snarky and entitled.

"Presumptuous, snarky and entitled" was exactly the mood I had intended to paint and it was certainly to draw attention. That is the point and mission accomplished! This is what you would call a disgruntled post derived largely from one's own experiences and opinions and I am, at this point, beyond offering "constructive, and polite feedback" as it has been about as effective as talking to a stone wall. That particular ship has already set sail and been sunk.

Grapeshot owes you no explanations about their process of development.

If Grapeshot intends to become a reputable and successful company than it is, in fact, well within their best interest to feel a modicum of obligation towards their paying attention to their customer base. You cannot run a successful, customer-facing business for long if you take the stance that you "Owe" your customers nothing.

But again, these are my opinions and I am free to post anything I feel I need to, as long as it does not violate their TOS and you are free to troll away if you feel you must. Enjoy yourself...

Edited by vaylain
  • Like 1