Sign in to follow this  
Salty Del

PTR bugs I’ve encountered so far.

Crashes:

I’ve experienced two crashes so far. The first was a fatal error, and the second was the game just freezing. The fatal error occurred while laying prone to dig for water, and the freezing was when I was opening my smithy’s inventory. Both times required a reboot of my computer before the game would launch properly.

*UPDATE*  I just experienced my second fatal error. It seems to have occurred either the same, or very similar to the first. I laid down prone, had my pick equipped, then unequipped the pick to dig for water and then it crashed.

Smithy:

The lighthouse blueprint is now under Structures > Cooking.

Ship Cargo Rack:

While building a schooner, I put a cargo rack on it to try out. Opening the cargo rack sunk my schooner while still in the shipyard.

Lawless zones:

Lawless zones, or at least the J10, is acting as a Freeport. Fast decay, and cannot go higher than level 8.

Diving Suit:

Not sure if this is a bug or improvement, but the diving suit no longer has the helmet overlay. MUCH easier to see underwater.

Edited by Salty Del

17 minutes ago, Salty Del said:

Since I cannot create a new topic in the PTR Bug Reports forum yet, I’ll note my experiences here for now.

Crashes:

I’ve experienced two crashes so far. The first was a fatal error, and the second was the game just freezing. The fatal error occurred while laying prone to dig for water, and the freezing was when I was opening my smithy’s inventory. Both times required a reboot of my computer before the game would launch properly.

Smthy:

The lighthouse blueprint is now under Structures > Cooking.

Ship Cargo Rack:

While building a schooner, I put a cargo rack on it to try out. Opening the cargo rack sunk my schooner while still in the shipyard.

Thank you for being pro active. Good to see people testing.

@Salty Del That's fixed now, sorry about that; it's been a busy day. 

Thank you for the thorough report. 

It also looks like the old school claim system is back on. I can't build without a claim

QOL: Pressing the F key whilst driving the ship, now allows you to access it's inventory menu

I cannot get this to work

49 minutes ago, Papito said:

QOL: Pressing the F key whilst driving the ship, now allows you to access it's inventory menu

I cannot get this to work

I tried it out and had no issues accessing the ships inventory from the wheel.

1 hour ago, Salty Del said:

I tried it out and had no issues accessing the ships inventory from the wheel.

Same, I was able to apply level ups without needing to come off the wheel (which I assume was the intention)

Note - while it's the "inventory menu" it's not like the ship has a real inventory.

Also - How much sweet talking to get the cargo racks bumped from 2000 to 3000 or 4000?  Make them really juicy targets...

17 hours ago, Salty Del said:

Ship Cargo Rack:

Lawless zones:

Lawless zones, or at least the J10, is acting as a Freeport. Fast decay, and cannot go higher than level 8.

Same by me ... build an brig to test the cargo rack and  the ship sunk  by access the cargo

on E5 lawless is also   restricted to lvl 8

18 minutes ago, gnihar said:

Is it intention to make lawless unplayable?

It was meant to be a penalty box for people that missbehave.

~Lotus