Sign in to follow this  
asmodyus

Ship is gone from the Shipyard

So on the NA PVE Lawless Island our brig that was still under construction is just gone. No clue why on lawless Isalndall of other stuff is there and we log in almost every other day.

On eu PvE we miss a ship since yesterday. Also vanished without a trace. In the log is just written ship xyz was removed from company.

We own ships who was longer not in use than the vanished. So I'm sure it's not a thing about the disappearing timer.

Is this a new feature? Can we get achievements on this? New buff, if u can hold your ship back from vanishing? Seems to be a quest or something...

Yeah shipyard is still there all my structures are still there I have not built on it in a few days but I dunno just says removed from the company.

Single structures are removed, if you do not have time to hang a few boards a day, the ship will disappear.

The unofficial mythical donate ships disappear. The administration does not say anything, can only return the money.

Edited by Konvar

8 hours ago, Konvar said:

Single structures are removed, if you do not have time to hang a few boards a day, the ship will disappear.

The unofficial mythical donate ships disappear. The administration does not say anything, can only return the money.

So basically you are saying that there is not a refresh timer for just being there as the other structure and you have to be actively working on the item for it not to disappear within some unknown time frame?

We have a guy on one of the lawless islands who uses a half built galleon as a base/barn to keep tames and such. Gets around the weight limits by not finishing it or launching it. Maybe they added something to stop that from happening.

14 hours ago, asmodyus said:

So basically you are saying that there is not a refresh timer for just being there as the other structure and you have to be actively working on the item for it not to disappear within some unknown time frame?

Not. If there is 1 quality ship item above 160% then the ship will disappear.

This is another option. Why the ships disappear should say the developer. Must warn in advance!

7 minutes ago, Konvar said:

Not. If there is 1 quality ship item above 160% then the ship will disappear.

This is another option. Why the ships disappear should say the developer. Must warn in advance!

I understand why they did it, but thats really annoying.

I had a Galleon, a schooner, and two sloops poof over the course of 3 days.  No debris, just a note that a ship was removed from my company.  They were all parked at my island and I've been logging in frequently.

Logged on after a few days... all my ships are gone. Tames are floating in the water. Log just says they were removed.

Think that's it for me.

57 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

I wonder if what is going on, is that the ship is getting destroyed in the shipyard by SotD.  Somebody kites SotD to the shipyard, and they do they dirtywork.

im pretty certain this is the answer a week or 2 ago while going to buy npcs on a freeport i encountered a Sotd in the freeport right in front of the harbour… i couldnt shoot at it cus obvious reasons lol but it just started hammering me… i wrote in global wtf this was doing here and a new guy told that it have been there for hours and had sunk both hes sloop and raft… i kited it out of the grid and returned and gave him resources from my ship repair box to build a new sloop… but this wasnt the only time... in the last 1-2 weeks i encountered them 3 times in the freeport only the first was directly at one of the islands.. the 2 other they where sailing around near the boarder... so either ppl kite them to troll or they jsut follow ships they have aggroed..... i ofc cant say 100% thats what happened here but it could be an option

• Like 1

I know in PvE, SotD do not attack anchored boats.

We had a schooner vanish, with the same message in log:  removed from company.  Why, we do not know.  I don't have time to play during the week, but I do log in on a Wed to restock the food on the boats.  Fingers crossed that so far the bigger boats have stayed put.

5 hours ago, Vorxius said:

We had a schooner vanish, with the same message in log:  removed from company.  Why, we do not know.  I don't have time to play during the week, but I do log in on a Wed to restock the food on the boats.  Fingers crossed that so far the bigger boats have stayed put.

Don't count on it, my brig was "removed from the company". In the same way.

This happened to me too! I was about to launch my Schooner. It was all completed. I logged in every day (only missing the odd night). One night it was gone. I thought my other company members might have launched the boat, but they didn't. It just vanished. This sort of stuff has me on edge. A lot of work and gathering goes into ships - particularly early on, when you don't have your tames yet! I don't understand how devs could miss a bug like this! Same thing happened with ALL of my anchored ships, EVEN THOUGH I LOGGED IN almost DAILY. It's something that really DOES need to be fixed for SURE!

I'm all for the decay timer on ships and structures and the claim timer on animals. But I have to question why we can't see those timers on our own stuff.

They had changed it so that we can see the decay timer on our own structures, but to see what the claim timer is on our animals we have to have someone from another company come over and tell us. There's no good reason for that.

Similarly there's no good reason we shouldn't be able to see the decay timer on our ships.

Feels like a lot of these issues could be avoided by just being allowed to know this information. It would also help us to give better feedback if something isn't working as intended, before bad things happen to people rather than after.

• Thanks 2

Yeah, I think those delay timers are important.  But, doesn't it reset if you are there?  In other words, let's say that a timer on my base is about to expire, or maybe has expired, and it is now demolishable, doesn't it reset when I render it?  If so, being able to see the timer wouldn't be important, since it is always at the maximum, if you are standing there looking at it.

In fact, I am not even sure other people can see your timers, if you are within render range, because there is no timer.  The timer starts when you are no longer within render range of the structure, right?

If you're currently within render distance of your structure, both you and other people can see the decay timer holding steady at 10 days, and it just doesn't start counting down until you leave the area.

But the reason I say that we should be able to see the timers on our own animals and our ships is because the issues that people have been having recently would have been caught a long time ago, and people would have known their animals were claimable on ships or that their ships were decaying and could have taken steps to resolve the issue themselves while wait for a fix.

That would be much more preferable to us only learning about this bug because hey someone just claimed my animals and my ship was randomly removed from the company. If we could see the timers on them and they were anything less than ten days, well, red flag.

4 hours ago, Kidori said:

If you're currently within render distance of your structure, both you and other people can see the decay timer holding steady at 10 days, and it just doesn't start counting down until you leave the area.

But the reason I say that we should be able to see the timers on our own animals and our ships is because the issues that people have been having recently would have been caught a long time ago, and people would have known their animals were claimable on ships or that their ships were decaying and could have taken steps to resolve the issue themselves while wait for a fix.

That would be much more preferable to us only learning about this bug because hey someone just claimed my animals and my ship was randomly removed from the company. If we could see the timers on them and they were anything less than ten days, well, red flag.

The point I was getting it is that if you can see the timer, it would be reset to maximum.  Maybe what you need is a way to see the timers when you are offline.  Or maybe have an alert set to let you know when you have 24 hours left on the timer.

53 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

The point I was getting it is that if you can see the timer, it would be reset to maximum.  Maybe what you need is a way to see the timers when you are offline.  Or maybe have an alert set to let you know when you have 24 hours left on the timer.

You aren't paying attention to what he was saying.  It's not about seeing timers when offline.

Are you aware of the current bug of animal on ships do not reset timers when you render them in? You can only reset their timers when you take them on land. Therefore, as @Kidoriwas saying, if we could see timers on animals and ships just like we currently do on structures, then the issue with tames timers not resetting on ships would have been spotted long before loads of people started having their tames stolen.

10 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

You aren't paying attention to what he was saying.  It's not about seeing timers when offline.

Are you aware of the current bug of animal on ships do not reset timers when you render them in? You can only reset their timers when you take them on land. Therefore, as @Kidoriwas saying, if we could see timers on animals and ships just like we currently do on structures, then the issue with tames timers not resetting on ships would have been spotted long before loads of people started having their tames stolen.

What idiot leaves tames on ships?  What moron would leave them on a ship long enough for them to become claimable?