Olthoi

QOL Wish List

Here is my Quality Of Life wish list:

#1 Please allow everything that can be made in the players inventory also be able to be made in the smithy.  Its silly moving mats back and forth. (very doable)

#2 When your sails are 100% closed, please increase the turning and backup speed so we can dock in a reasonable amount of time! (very doable)

#3 The ability to dredge. My island, and many others, have these odd  "rocks" that have weird clipping mechanics that make it very un-fun to create docks and park ships and such.  You cant build on them or pick at them, they exist but they don't.  Maybe some way to blow them up or remove them?  With restrictions or whatever?  (fanciful) 

#4 Anchoring.  Dear lord I need some rhyme or reason to this.  Can you make the ability to anchor based on the distance from the island rather than depth?  Or something?  It boggles my mind sometimes when trying to anchor what mechanic is being used. (very doable)

#5 People building 100's of foundations or posts to keep others from building in lawless ruining frames.  There are islands I don't even go to anymore because the experience is so unpleasant.  I don't know what the solution is, but please fix it.  (doable)

#6 Add snap-points to shipyards for building.  I would build my entire base over mine. (doable)

#7 Some sort of overlay grid system for lining up structures when in placement mode.  Maybe even have it show you if it will snap with adjacent structures before you place it. (doable)

#8 A command to have NPC crew unload your pet or ship.  Click on one storage location and have them move it to another. (fanciful) 

Ill take those to start, thanks Grapeshot, I'm sure all of these will be in the next patch!!!  (At least 1, 2, 4, and 5, please!)

Edited by Olthoi
  • Like 2

CHANGE THE KEYBIND TO CALL YOUR SHIP LADDER DOWN SO IT DOESN'T ALSO UNSEAT NPC'S IF YOU MISS THE RUDDER

VERY DOABLE?

• Like 2

Just implementing the full S+ like they advertised would be a huge QoL improvement. With S+ on ARK you could move materials from storage or other crafting stations with just a couple presses of a button as long as they were within a certain distance. Loading 20K metal from an outpost onto a ship takes like 40 trips. It is so tedious I want to choke someone. 

• Like 1

#3 the rocks you mention here are very strange. They appear from certain angles and don’t from others (even if you are standing directly on them). Easy to run a ship into. 

They also prevent you from building structure through them as expected but don’t actually provide foundation support if you build into them (pillars). 

Also, the clipping on structures is very unpredictable, S+ rules to clipping would be very welcome. 

Lastly, I would not assert that something is “very doable” just because you think it should be. This cracks me up when people do this. Refraining from bold assertions on how easy something is to do when it comes to coding should be very doable for you 😉

15 hours ago, Meerkat said:

#3 the rocks you mention here are very strange. They appear from certain angles and don’t from others (even if you are standing directly on them). Easy to run a ship into. 

They also prevent you from building structure through them as expected but don’t actually provide foundation support if you build into them (pillars). 

Also, the clipping on structures is very unpredictable, S+ rules to clipping would be very welcome. 

Lastly, I would not assert that something is “very doable” just because you think it should be. This cracks me up when people do this. Refraining from bold assertions on how easy something is to do when it comes to coding should be very doable for you 😉

Changing the math to make a boat back up is VERY DOABLE.  Adding to a table of blueprints that pop up in a smithy is VERY DOABLE.  I understand you are 3 weeks into your online coding class, but ease up a bit.

• Confused 2