Sign in to follow this  
Dauerwelle

Ship LvL and Quality

why is this max lvl 44 with 124% Ship Quality ?? so 100% = lvl 40 and 124% actually lvl 49. 

Ship.PNG

Edited by Dauerwelle

They use common core math when calculating these values.

(Which make no sense to anyone)

Edited by sgzeroone

200% ship quality is capped at lvl 51. Everything between 100-200% has cap between 41-50. lvl.

8 hours ago, Dauerwelle said:

why is this max lvl 44 with 124% Ship Quality ?? so 100% = lvl 40 and 124% actually lvl 49. 

100%(base)=lvl 42. 1 lvl per 10% above 100%=lvl 44. the formula is correct.

• Like 1

So any ship 100-110 is the same level range? any ship 110-120 and so on? That pretty much makes the entire bp fine, jm, master, legend, mythical etc a complete waste of time for building shipyards.

My Gall is maxed out at lv 42, I have 2 empty cannons, with 4 chasers and no company players or tames can go on the ship.  With my current setup, I could have put points elsewhere if I'd know in advance how many levels the ship would get.

Need a ship reset soup or potion, having to rebuild completely new ships is just a massive timesink.. I'd rather put that time into someone elses game I think.

I've also just upgraded all my planks etc to mastercraft and cannons as well, sails and so on and now I can't even enjoy using my ship with my friends..

two words spring to mind, one of them is you.

So going forward..

I need to make a suit of armour x int or + int..

Get a decent Crow with max melee for its + int.

Get a dolphin to jump over me.

Then make a mythical shipyard.

I can then place a deck to see the quality of the ship created.. is it worthwhile to destroy the new ships with a single deck in them and rebuild continually until you get a better randomly made ship or just go with whatever is close to the base quality of the shipyard? ie my mythical is 135% so i assume it makes 135% ships.. with equates to what base 130% which is around lv 43? 44? maybe.

Seems like a hell of alot of work for 2 extra levels of levels.. 2 more points to add to my ship.

It is worthwhile or more so to invest in mythical planks and decks? cannons medium and large, ballistra etc?

Are all those extra thousands of resources actually worth the end capability? In decks and planks I think certainly, cannon durabilty maybe.. damage.. when you're firing 24 cannons.. does it really matter if you have 150% damage or 110% damage..

Edited by Martyn

It is worthwhile or more so to invest in mythical planks and decks? cannons medium and large, ballistra etc?

is worth but not for Shipyards.  this Int system is useless, you get too little % on your BPs. I have a BP with +0.00% INT (Stat Boni) :classic_huh:

4 hours ago, Martyn said:

So any ship 100-110 is the same level range? any ship 110-120 and so on? That pretty much makes the entire bp fine, jm, master, legend, mythical etc a complete waste of time for building shipyards.

My Gall is maxed out at lv 42, I have 2 empty cannons, with 4 chasers and no company players or tames can go on the ship.  With my current setup, I could have put points elsewhere if I'd know in advance how many levels the ship would get.

Need a ship reset soup or potion, having to rebuild completely new ships is just a massive timesink.. I'd rather put that time into someone elses game I think.

I've also just upgraded all my planks etc to mastercraft and cannons as well, sails and so on and now I can't even enjoy using my ship with my friends..

two words spring to mind, one of them is you.

So going forward..

I need to make a suit of armour x int or + int..

Get a decent Crow with max melee for its + int.

Get a dolphin to jump over me.

Then make a mythical shipyard.

I can then place a deck to see the quality of the ship created.. is it worthwhile to destroy the new ships with a single deck in them and rebuild continually until you get a better randomly made ship or just go with whatever is close to the base quality of the shipyard? ie my mythical is 135% so i assume it makes 135% ships.. with equates to what base 130% which is around lv 43? 44? maybe.

Seems like a hell of alot of work for 2 extra levels of levels.. 2 more points to add to my ship.

Are all those extra thousands of resources actually worth the end capability? In decks and planks I think certainly, cannon durabilty maybe.. damage.. when you're firing 24 cannons.. does it really matter if you have 150% damage or 110% damage..

You don't get random quality ships from a shipyard. Once you place your shipyard it will produce the same quality ships all the time.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Willard said:

You don't get random quality ships from a shipyard. Once you place your shipyard it will produce the same quality ships all the time.

Nope.

I got a 108% Gally and then a 111% Gally, from the same Jm Large Shipyard.

It might be that my int was slightly higher on the second occasion or some other reason, but it doesn't create identical ships all the time.

5 hours ago, Dauerwelle said:

is worth but not for Shipyards.  this Int system is useless, you get too little % on your BPs. I have a BP with +0.00% INT (Stat Boni) :classic_huh:

I have mythical helms that do x12 int.. others that give +12 int.. I'd assume 12x your int rating would be quite good to have, no?

Edited by Martyn

10 minutes ago, Martyn said:

Nope.

I got a 108% Gally and then a 111% Gally, from the same Jm Large Shipyard.

It might be that my int was slightly higher on the second occasion or some other reason, but it doesn't create identical ships all the time.

I have mythical helms that do x12 int.. others that give +12 int.. I'd assume 12x your int rating would be quite good to have, no?

U must be wrong. We got 12 same 173% quality ships from a shipyard. But i will try to test it again, now Im hesitant 🙂

Edited by Willard

Vanilla shipyard, my galleon is maxxed at lvl 43.  Seems to be rather inconsistent with what everyone says the level should be capped at. 

Ok did testing, intel does not matter. We clicked 5 brigs, i clicked one with 100% intel, my crewmate clicked 4 with 500 intel. Same quality. Actual durability of shipyard matters, when we had a bit damaged shipyard it produced lower quality ship. We repaired it and it was better.

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/29/2019 at 3:11 PM, Willard said:

U must be wrong. We got 12 same 173% quality ships from a shipyard. But i will try to test it again, now Im hesitant 🙂

Don't I'm getting the same now.  Maybe my Gallys were built pre some patch that changed everything.

My mythical small shipyard will now only produce 129% ships. 

It's supposed to be a 135% shipyard.. but every rebuild of ship comes out at 129%.   Doesn't matter what my Int is.. or if I am using an Int Set/Crow etc. At 198% int which is my avg int when playing and specifically setting all 64 levels into int, with crow and set Which is basic mixed items, I get 460% int and I still only get a 129% ship...

Might as well just build ships with the normal ship yard and forget even using the other shipyards. There difference between a ship at level 40 and one at lv 44 isn't that much of an improvement.   And it saves sailing through 10-12 regions to get all the resources repeatedly to make the higher spec items.  Which apparently are pretty rubbish.  Except carbines, bows, blunderbus etc ship cannons and planks, decks.

Armour seems completely useless except for any stat bonuses.  Melee weapons are the same.. garbage.. a mythical sword kills undead about 2 hits less then a normal one..

Edited by Martyn

This is all very confusing, I wish i could test my ships but all have ended up sunk before they could max out. My max brig made it to 42 and then got sunk by the Kraken.

What i do know is we had a legendary shipyard that produced 150% ships, a week later we replaced it with a 164% mythic and just a few days ago i placed down a 199%(crafted) mythic large shipyard that once placed appears to produce 180% ships. so what does this mean?

I've no clue, but my first common made ship made to lvl 42, what should i be expecting to be my max lvl out of a 180% shipyard/ship?

Ok, so my question is this then because I agree its a bit confusing.

If we build a 200%  durability shipyard what will the ship quality be?  From what I read here it makes it seem like the ship quality comes out quite a bit lower than the actual shipyard durability %. 

If that is the case then our mythical shipyards might not be pumping out max level ships as we thought they were.

Edited by DocHolliday

On 5/29/2019 at 8:33 PM, Willard said:

Ok did testing, intel does not matter. We clicked 5 brigs, i clicked one with 100% intel, my crewmate clicked 4 with 500 intel. Same quality. Actual durability of shipyard matters, when we had a bit damaged shipyard it produced lower quality ship. We repaired it and it was better.

This could explain the difference between my 108% and 111% maybe i repaired shipyard.  So we're looking for high durability shipyards rather than high quality claimed %

We've got ships coming out of a 219 quality yard at 196% quality ships, hoping for 9 levels

3 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

Ok, so my question is this then because I agree its a bit confusing.

If we build a 200%  durability shipyard what will the ship quality be?  From what I read here it makes it seem like the ship quality comes out quite a bit lower than the actual shipyard durability %. 

If that is the case then our mythical shipyards might not be pumping out max level ships as we thought they were.

Ssems to deduct around 25% 200 Yard might be around 175-180 ship 

this is serious bs. balance needed

prewipe ships max lvl was 52 with common 100% shipyard

so they did not balanced things they just cut it and split 10 levels in 100%

haha...

not worth at all

• Like 1

My understanding is that both the tier and the durability of a shipyard contribute to the max level of a ship: Fine = +1, Journeyman=+2, Masterwork=+3, Legendary=+4 and Mythic = max level 50. And then the quality adds +1 level per 10 quality over 100 rounded down (and the ship quality is always 10% less than the shipyard durability).

So, for example: a quality 136% legendary shipyard would produce a max level 48 ship (base 42 + legendary(4) + ship quality(2) (136% durability - 10% = 126% rounded down to 120%).

Or am I completely on crack?

Edited by Kast
Edited ship base level

Max ship Level with a normal shipyard is 42. with a 225% durability shipyard u get max Level 52. 10 Level Dont Seem much but its 50% more damage or 80% More Résistance Which adds up to the yet overpowered ships. Also int works just fine And can get 60% crafter Bonus Which also is Quite OP if Building high Quality Cannons 

I was testing this on Blackwood with a Mythic Quality 288% Durability small shipyard, and it should be producing a max quality ship, but it is only giving 100% quality, did they change this again?

I just testes this.  Made a Legendary Large Shipyard, make the ship.... Quality is 156............. checked quality on my Common Brig and its only at 100!!!  So they do now indeed caft better ships!

On 4/2/2022 at 5:12 AM, Hes008 said:

I just testes this.  Made a Legendary Large Shipyard, make the ship.... Quality is 156............. checked quality on my Common Brig and its only at 100!!!  So they do now indeed caft better ships!

The hole thread is based on old ship levels.(common was max 42, with 200% quality 52)

The standard ship level was changed +8 to level 50 some time ago(~1,5-2 years i would guess now)

Every 10% of additional ship quality from the ship yard will give you 1 extra level = 200% -> Lvl 60.

The ship quality is based on the structure buff of the shipyard, independent if it is mystical or other quality. Of course you need a mystical BP for the max structure HP buff to get 200% quality. The HP of the shpyard is not 1:1 the quality. For level 60 ships/200% quality you need a BP somewhere about 210-215% and a craft bonus roll(~10-15% inteligence max + dolphin + crow) to reach around 225%. I am no crafter so it's maybe 5% more or less.

• Like 1