Sign in to follow this  
vaylain

the sound for mining metal is too loud The sound for mining metal is too loud.

The sound for mining metal is too loud. It is considerably louder than all of the other sounds within the game and as a result, I have to turn down the SFX volume whenever I am farming metal but this makes it where all other sounds are barely even audible.

Dev's was this intentional or could you please get this adjusted?  Thank you in advance.

Edited by vaylain
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

Mining picks are so last quarter.

Use a rhino!!   lol

You actually get way less metal from a node with a rhino (close to half) then you do by hand for some reason

Edited by jabnlab

45 minutes ago, jabnlab said:

You actually get way less metal from a node with a rhino (close to half) then you do by hand for some reason

+1

I have a rhino and elephant follow me and use a pick.   I also agree that the sound is a bit too loud. 

Edited by DocHolliday

WHAAAAAAT?

I CAN’T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF THE COBALT IM MINING. YOU’ll HAVE TO SPEAK UP.

2 hours ago, jabnlab said:

This is going to vary greatly depending on the stats of the pick you’re using, any bonus you may have from hand harvesting, the melee stat of the rhino in question etc.

4 hours ago, MasterFiren said:

Also Waterfalls. Waterfalls are loud as F

Mnn you are so right waterfall volume is ABSURDLY loud

7 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

WHAAAAAAT?

I CAN’T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF THE COBALT IM MINING. YOU’ll HAVE TO SPEAK UP.

This is going to vary greatly depending on the stats of the pick you’re using, any bonus you may have from hand harvesting, the melee stat of the rhino in question etc.

Apparently you have never been mining near a waterfall...

4 minutes ago, Nutcutt3r said:

Apparently you have never been mining near a waterfall...

Come to think of it, no, I never have.

13 hours ago, vaylain said:

The sound for mining metal is too loud. It is considerably louder than all of the other sounds within the game and as a result, I have to turn down the SFX volume whenever I am farming metal but this makes it where all other sounds are barely even audible.

Dev's was this intentional or could you please get this adjusted?  Thank you in advance.

Turn your volumn down.

Seriously..

12 hours ago, Martyn said:

Turn your volumn down.

Seriously..

Your misspelled, recommended solution is intended to be a smart-mouthed comment and suggests to accept the concern "As Is" and merely band-aid the problem instead of providing a meaningful solution which would appropriately rectify my concern.

This is NOT a correction to the issue it is a workaround and an inefficient workaround as it does not resolve my concern. If I "turn my volume down" then I will NOT be able to hear important sounds cues such as dangerous PVP encounters or key PVE events. If the aberrant sound effect were to be reduced down to comparable levels exhibited by the other special effect sounds then this concern would effectively be resolved.

Savvy?

Edited by vaylain

The stone is super loud, too. 

Chop down a tree and then hit on a rock. It is amazing the difference.  Also, I think it is the food trough that is the most loud of the structures when you access the inventory.  I am not sure if that has been fixed or not.