Sign in to follow this  
Salty Jack

How do you guys kill Army of the Dammed ?....

My company (2 people) went out to do a load of treasure maps this weekend....

Of course we used tames when we could.... We did not want to forgo the maps that spawned on top of the spires so we took armor, climbing picks ect.....

We opened the fights throwing a couple of grenades then engaged the boss with melee..... sometimes we died but we respawned and eventually finished the job....

We used swords, swords and shields, 2h maces, pikes.... while each method eventually worked, none seemed to work better than the other....

Anyone have any tips or strategies they would be willing to share on how they handle treasure maps when they cannot use a tame ?...

I can't stand the maps at the tops of spires and mountains, inevitably some of them will fall off which makes it even more annoying.

We did try fire arrows once.... The boss does seem slow enough to kite around some.... 

do you use fire or regular arrows ?....

It also seemed that the only time we had problems with a defender disappearing on us was on spire maps....

Yeah, it recently came to our attention on our island in K13 that there is a map point WAY the hell up on top of a spire.  So we decided to build a three stage elevator all the way to the top for people to transport tames with ... it'll be a lot of work cranking 60+ times to get the tame up but it's better then having to abandon the map and figured it would be more compact then a ramp system that zig-zags all over the place.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, KPAuburn said:

I can't stand the maps at the tops of spires and mountains, inevitably some of them will fall off which makes it even more annoying.

If you think that's bad.

I had one in the mouth of a giant 3 lighthouse tall totam.

About 33% of the mobs spawned next to me, 33% at the bottom, 33% at the top.

And the shovel point was floating in mid air above an incline.

Fuck.

That.

Noise.

• Like 1

we use normal arrows - with 2 or 3 players you can kite them very good,  maybe you can use an monkey to slow them down

1 hour ago, Salty Jack said:

Anyone have any tips or strategies they would be willing to share on how they handle treasure maps when they cannot use a tame ?

Well, we soon realised that maps on the edge of cliffs have a simple work through.     Start the encounter, run towards the edge of the cliff, use a climbing pick and watch as the entire congregation with maces throw themselves off.  Only archers remain... archers that any old clump can hack with a spear...  so as the mainstay throw themselves off the cliff, you have a bunch of bears waiting for them at the bottom, it's mop up city down there, and hammer time at the top.  Done.   Dig up treasure, profit 🙂     Bears can still do yer dirty work, and you get the treasure to.

You just wait though...   We are finding more and more treasures within the perimeter of someones base.  Impossible to get your tames in, which is freaking annoying, and, there is no work around.  No idea why players box off so much land, and, box off a treasure point.   One dude, had deliberately built a house over the beacon.   Everything spawned INSIDE, and frustratingly impossible.... impossible for reasons not bug related, but human douchery.

31 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

One dude, had deliberately built a house over the beacon.   Everything spawned INSIDE, and frustratingly impossible.... impossible for reasons not bug related, but human douchery.

Teach him a lesson.  Watch the house till you see him enter it, then park your bear in the doorway and spawn the AoD ... nothing like being trapped in a little box with a room full of zombie pirates.

• Haha 3

Why do you assume he knew that he build on a spawnpoint? When i Build a house i don't wait till some dude maby have a tresure nearby to check.

Explosive barrels work well too. Put a couple down then toss a grenade after 2 seconds of the spawn animation and kablooey. 

Lots of good tips to try.... thanks guys.... 

will a fire arrow trigger the exploding barrels ?....

If you need to keep them in place, craft some wooden signs, like 7-8 and make a circle with them on said spawn. It may help to kill them faster if they are in a fixed position. 

3 hours ago, Salty Jack said:

Lots of good tips to try.... thanks guys.... 

will a fire arrow trigger the exploding barrels ?....

I've never tried fire arrows but that's a good thought. Regular arrows didn't work but shooting with a carbine will also work. It's just hard sometimes when they are coming out of the ground to hit it with a carbine but timing is easier.