Sign in to follow this  
Hado

3 Day claim PVE CLARIFICATION needed

40 minutes ago, HufflePuff said:

So a few things we noticed upon testing. 

1. Replace old flags if possible. 

2. The flag is owned by who placed it and not considered uncontested unless THAT person goes into the flag area. Example: Joe schmoe puts down a flag. Someone contests it. A company member goes to the flag - THE TIMER WILL NOT STOP until Joe Shmoe enters the contested area. The flag is signaling property of the company but not owned by. 

3. Overlapping flags: Think of the circles like pancakes. If you toss 2 pancakes on top of each other and pour syrup on it - only the top pancake is covered. Same thing with activity. Only the top flag layer will count you as active not the bottom flag. 

We are still testing. I think companies should be limited to land claims. Not people. I could have a company of 200 people and claim 200 territories. But I suggest land claims should be limited to the number of people. 1-25 people should be 3 land claims, 25-50 should be 5 land claims, 50 to 100 people should be 8 land claims. This is more than enough space for people in PVE. 

Hello,

So if I put a "main flag" down as my first flag, then expand out but go to sleep beside my main/first (with a hut), your main/first can be taken?

Thanks so much for testing all this out!

~Samantha

Only if you have an overlap and it's the bottom flag - it's a pre 6.5 flag - or if the person who put the flag down is not sleeping on that base to. As long as you have a brand new flag - it's you who put it down and your active within 150,000 seconds - we do not k ow what is considered 'active upkeep' as of yet - as nothing is accurate enough testing. 

Nothing is working.  Someone dropped a flag on my flag while I was standing there looking at him and my flag started lowering.  Relogging didn't work, my friend sleeping in the house didn't work, me being in the zone or exiting and reentering the zone didn't work.  They were just straight up able to take it and I wasn't able to do anything but watch.

• Confused 1

On 1/1/2019 at 2:08 PM, HufflePuff said:

Only if you have an overlap and it's the bottom flag - it's a pre 6.5 flag - or if the person who put the flag down is not sleeping on that base to. As long as you have a brand new flag - it's you who put it down and your active within 150,000 seconds - we do not k ow what is considered 'active upkeep' as of yet - as nothing is accurate enough testing. 

I just deleted my flag and replaced it and it only gave me 16k seconds of upkeep..

The UI is bugged. It will display negative seconds and count further away from 0 but the protection functionality is working. Don't know if replacing flags is intended or not (probably not due to Patch Notes wording) but it is a temp solution until they fix whatever it is that needs to be fixed. Unless you're overlapping of course. Separate issue.

Edited by Nari

Same again this night! This is so fucking annoying! Again 3 of our ppl are forced to stay up all fucking night to prevent ppl in FREAKING PVE from stealing our stuff!

On 1/1/2019 at 9:13 PM, HufflePuff said:

We are still testing. I think companies should be limited to land claims. Not people. I could have a company of 200 people and claim 200 territories. But I suggest land claims should be limited to the number of people. 1-25 people should be 3 land claims, 25-50 should be 5 land claims, 50 to 100 people should be 8 land claims. This is more than enough space for people in PVE. 

I agree. There is no need to have tens of flags on a PvE server. Not even a tribe with 100s of people need to have 100 flags.

Another solution would be decreasing the contesting timer eventually exponentially the more flags you have. If you have 1-2 flags, it would take something like 3 days to contest them, whereas if you have 10 flags we would be looking at minutes. This would still allow big companies to own larger areas, but would also require enormous activity around the clock. That being said, smaller companies would be able to thrive with 1-2 claims without having to risk getting wiped over night.

1-25 3 claims ? do u realise how much room 25 players need are they all going to huddle in  an 8x8 box? ,and all argue over who is building the next ship as they will only probe fit on or 2 large shipyards in 3 flags claim including land area and resource protection

it took 2 for me to even get to cover my base and shipyard the last spot i got was a cliff edge and there was only 1 -one spot the shipyard would go out of the main base claim , that 2 flags gone already with most of it on the sea due to adjoining claims , and 3rd for protection of resources so that other dont go building and stopping stuff spawning , 

that leaves me stuck on that island for the whole game duration ? on amp that takes a couple of days to even go somewhere and come back ? player want bases in different spots , 

u do realise most of the claim are for resource protection , metal , wood, gems what ever else u have on your island .

3 day timer if it was working properly is ideal players that dont play regular dont need 200000 claim flags so deserve to lose them if they cant be active enough to look after them 

the devs will be analysing all the date for claims and what each company sizes uses on average i'm sure they will come to decision eventually , but i hope they don't listen to player game dev wannbes on this and players who didnt make the inital time out of freeport due to the issues at start ..

unlimited claims on pvp is intentional as land will change hands a lot , and should stay as companys need fallbacks if they get attacked and destroyed ,

limited claims for pve ? maybe as land wont change as often ,usually as players leave or forget to log in ..

On 1/1/2019 at 7:13 PM, HufflePuff said:

Edited by UDO

@Deveroyup ihad that happen as well when refreshing the flag , and lost about 60% of the land i had only managed to save my building on time , but lost the shipyard. And the same turkish 2 man companie started taking over others buildings i dont know how but they are clitching animals into peoples buildings. And taking the things over. My allies lost all the things they had on the island. They tried taking my place over as well i warned the dudes if they dont stop i will sink the schooner they have . Lets just say they did not listen and i demolished my building to sink it , it sunk rather nicely. Theres too many people on pve atm that are taking over others stuff cause its a lot easier and faster then farming yourself. Anyways currently moving to another place with my schooner and a sloop. 

2 hours ago, JackTheWack said:

@UDOplace the flag in the sea near the coast you can cover 1/4th of the island with 1 flag then.

ahaha i will try this later thanks