Sign in to follow this  
Hado

3 Day claim PVE CLARIFICATION needed

Hey guys

we need some clarification regarding the 3 day claim decay timer. Is it ingame days or is it RL days, because some guys just tryed to claim our territory even though we have been there all day. The guy who placed the claims was gone with a ship for maybe 3 ingame day, we are not sure about that.

So is it really just 3 ingame days and does the one guy who build the claimes have to be there to reset the counter? 3-4 other guys from our company have been in the area all day.

The guy who placed the claims was in our base now. We are not sure if they can place claims now anymore and if the resettimer has started again.

It seemed to be working after the patch it was implemented in, but between then and now, it's suddenly not.

Would be great if we could get some clarification/confirmation on this and maybe a clock that shows how much safe time is left on all claim flags.

@Jatheish

Edited by Bambi
  • Like 1

/bump

It`s still not working as intended and just annoying and unnecessary stressfull in PvE. FIX 3 day claim time!

/ bump

Just logged in to missing territory

And yes it was a new flag!

Other peeps claim you need to build on it for the 3 day rule to work?

Course then I sunk his ship and harvested it...... And I am putting out bouys.....they should fix those as well

Yup just lost my claim to the damn Chinese invader......now stuck with nothing and nowhere to build or have anything to survive due to it. Even though we've been active in the area for the past week. So anyway to get my money back at this point because of failure to fix something that is the most key part of allowing us to even play this game fully? Or are we just stuck in fuck you territory for being PvE?

Edit: Might as well start a thread to push forth a response in the form of money loss at this rate.

Edited by Mjrnn Evershade

We had over 20 new folks attempting to jump our claim.  Our claim is overlapping other claims, but it I active, so the timer would not start.  No problem, right?

Wrong.

I found a guy who had jumped my fence and glitched his flag over ours.  No clue how he is doing this, but he and others in his guild are stealing active claims, regarless of activity.

Just look for the large guilds and track their tactics.  Doesn't take a rocket scientist.

I told him after talking him out of placing his flag, that between he and I, I know he can take my claim Any Time He Wants To.

Good luck people.  Hacks are aplenty.

It is still broken.  They need to fix this issue ASAP.   People are progressing and putting in hours, if not days of work.  My small group is progressing and we are starting to build a Galleon.  Last ship in the fleet.  Please fix this so no one can just come and claim all of our stuff.  Until then you will catch me sleeping on our unfinished ship.  Putting down a new claim flag only gives you about 4 hours until someone can claim that area. 

people can try claim your stuff after 16.000 seconds, aka 4 hours, so atm no sleeping if you want to drop your claims sigh

the claims need to be fixed, either make it square or lock people into 1 claim so everyone can get one, but atm overlapping claims resulting in loss of bases is not working,, people are going to sleep and waking up to loosing their base and the will to play the game

after extensive test between out alianace , we decide to REPLACE ALL our flags the results were very reassuring ,

the timers were there along with the upkeep message ,

3 hours later they were in negative number (i know this isnt meant to happen)

this has now resulted in the claims now being unclaimable and safe for the time being ,checked when i logged in this mornign all good and safe for now 

which is a relief as we can now enjoy the game instead of wondering if we have anything left when we log in ...l.

Edited by UDO

nope, we are being contested constantly so thats not working as they say , we are getting hit with new people all the time trying to take over the place and we are active 24/7 , we have even replaced all the flags , then tested it with people outside the company and they can start claiming and contesting + taking over in 40 minutes, one day we will wake up and the base is gone then its game over 

Pulling and replacing your flag SEEMS to be a great idea..  However, if your claim has the least bit of overlap with someone else... Then your neighbor will thank you for your donation.  You will NOT be able to replace your flag.

We lost one claim this way.  Our other claims are similar... we have 2 more.  And there's 10 of us.  I figure with the flag glitching tactics, we will lost both soon.

The guy actually posted a message on the flag of a perfectly nice claim that reads..   Move now or lose your land.

And he can take it.

So I don't know all the specifics, I only have what I've experienced.  Lately a bunch of Chinese players have been trying to grief me and contesting my land.  They shouldn't have been able to according to the patch.  I only own 3 flags right next to each other on a small beach and all the flags over lap the property built in the radius.  When they took a break in between spamming flag contesting, I removed one flag, placed a new one and removed the other two and they haven't been able to contest me anymore.  My alliance and I concluded that post-patch flags will give you the PVE protection timer and all the original flags need to be removed at one point.  I don't know if that's right or wrong but it worked for me.

2 hours ago, UDO said:

after extensive test between out alianace , we decide to REPLACE ALL our flags the results were very reassuring ,

the timers were there along with the upkeep message ,

3 hours later they were in negative number (i know this isnt meant to happen)

this has now resulted in the claims now being unclaimable and safe for the time being ,checked when i logged in this mornign all good and safe for now 

which is a relief as we can now enjoy the game instead of wondering if we have anything left when we log in ...l.

Most new claims have the 3 day protection, the problem is that the upkeep is not refreshing when a company member goes in it, in 3 days you will have the same problem again, combined with the enemy claim overlapping issue it makes it harder and harder to replace flags.

We have been circled by sea and land claims overlapping into our land and we can not replace any flags at all 😞

Edited by Sinate

from our testing it seems that you have to build up time (upkeep).  So in other words if you are present in the flag area for 1 hr - you get an hr of protection. You get seconds adding to the timer while you're there - and when you leave the timer starts reversing, if that makes sense. (to a maximum of 259,000 seconds {3 days}).  Or I could be completely wrong and the things is broken. totally.

My company lost flags overnight because they didnt get the PVE upkeep update.
Another company managed to overlap majority of our territory, except one single flag that has PVE upkeep on it because it was placed AFTER the update.

Everytime we log ingame, we have lost land, that shouldnt have been lost.

Happy New Year

Edited by Saffran

5 hours ago, Mahakmar said:

people can try claim your stuff after 16.000 seconds, aka 4 hours, so atm no sleeping if you want to drop your claims sigh

the claims need to be fixed, either make it square or lock people into 1 claim so everyone can get one, but atm overlapping claims resulting in loss of bases is not working,, people are going to sleep and waking up to loosing their base and the will to play the game

if the flags countdown goes into minus figures , then it will be safe , tested yesterday and again this morning on neigbors flags he replaced them with new ones still unclaimable this morning 

2 hours ago, Sinate said:

Most new claims have the 3 day protection, the problem is that the upkeep is not refreshing when a company member goes in it, in 3 days you will have the same problem again, combined with the enemy claim overlapping issue it makes it harder and harder to replace flags.

We have been circled by sea and land claims overlapping into our land and we can not replace any flags at all 😞

if that how it works then thats silly as u could be out explring for 2 days then on holiday , so you waould have to explore then stand in base for 3 days to build up enough time to go on holiday ?

would also be nice if we could see the timers as well , nit just enemy ones when we  run about with flag 

Edited by UDO

This is only working on some of the regions I watched so many people quit this weekend because they spent every minute standing by a flag the only difference between this and pvp is killing a player, understand its a beta but nothing for a solo player or even grouped. You need new servers to stop most of this or get rid of the hackers we all know new games there are hackers but we have asked 10 times how to report hacks and nothing. People standing at flag and if they fall alseep they lose everything

So reclaiming "save" flags is making those newly placed flags save for 3 days?

Edited by Hado

I redid my flags and it shows 8000 on it. Some flags in others area is 300000.

Edited by James_32

So a few things we noticed upon testing. 

1. Replace old flags if possible. 

2. The flag is owned by who placed it and not considered uncontested unless THAT person goes into the flag area. Example: Joe schmoe puts down a flag. Someone contests it. A company member goes to the flag - THE TIMER WILL NOT STOP until Joe Shmoe enters the contested area. The flag is signaling property of the company but not owned by. 

3. Overlapping flags: Think of the circles like pancakes. If you toss 2 pancakes on top of each other and pour syrup on it - only the top pancake is covered. Same thing with activity. Only the top flag layer will count you as active not the bottom flag. 

We are still testing. I think companies should be limited to land claims. Not people. I could have a company of 200 people and claim 200 territories. But I suggest land claims should be limited to the number of people. 1-25 people should be 3 land claims, 25-50 should be 5 land claims, 50 to 100 people should be 8 land claims. This is more than enough space for people in PVE. 

Thx alot for your afford guys! Let`s hope this will be fixed soon so can finaly enjoy the game and stop wasting our time.