Sign in to follow this  
Dollie

Public Test Realm 5/29

:anchor: Joining the PTR :anchor:

The ATLAS Public Test Realm is available to all players by opting into the Steam Beta branch. You can join the PTR by following these steps: 

1) Right click on the ATLAS game in your steam library and select "properties"

large.ptrproperties.png

2) Select the "Beta" tab on the popup as indicated below: 

large.publictestrealm.PNG

3) Locate publictestrealm in the drop down menu and select that.

4) Select close then launch ATLAS.

You may need to restart your Steam Clients to make sure you see the publictestrealm branch as a beta option.

We will be reopening our PTR Bug reporting channels on the Discord and here on the Forums to coincide with the launch of the PTR. Instructions on opting into the PTR Bug Report channel on the ATLAS Discord can be found in #discord_news. 

• Like 9

Test realms or whatever will not save this game, Ark and Atlas are both dead games and that did not happen by accidenet. Fix the problems inside your company and then mayb maybe you will slowly see the games being played again...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

NERF BLACKJACKS (you can freeze every tame hitting it with scroll down attack and kill it; breeding has no sense now) and LIQUID FLAME (it is making to much damage. you need only horse with flame-swivel) also you should do sth with large cannons range on land because now they have bigger range then mortarts (you can deal damage out of render distance).

PS
Why enemy company can set cannons on my land without war?

Edited by grzegorz131

44 minutes ago, Tony.Macaroni said:

Test realms or whatever will not save this game, Ark and Atlas are both dead games and that did not happen by accidenet. Fix the problems inside your company and then mayb maybe you will slowly see the games being played again...

30+ players in the last 24/h on ark and u call it dead. u must be one good bussines man :'D (sarcasm ofc)
edit: 30k+*

Edited by Cptn_Plucky
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Too late for most, including myself. As long as you treat the "live" Servers like a PTR/early alpha too i cba to start over on yet another server. If there is a clear statement that you try not to wipe the live Servers until release at least, id be happy to. Otherways no dice. Its effort on our side. Give us something in return.

2 minutes ago, Grongash said:

Too late for most, including myself. As long as you treat the "live" Servers like a PTR/early alpha too i cba to start over on yet another server. If there is a clear statement that you try not to wipe the live Servers until release at least, id be happy to. Otherways no dice. Its effort on our side. Give us something in return.

I don't believe their intention is to wipe unless necessary, which is the equivalent of your "try not to wipe until release".

The last wipe was never planned, but it became necessary. I'm not sure what a statement from them saying we'll try not to wipe will actually achieve.

Just now, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

The last wipe was never planned, but it became necessary. I'm not sure what a statement from them saying we'll try not to wipe will actually achieve.

It is always easier to wipe, less work. I get the last wipe, it was needed and i was ok with that. Still we never got an actual statement what their plans regarding this are. Even if it will ofc never be guaranteed it would at least show their intentions. A lot of people i know quit only for that reason and their bad trackrecord.

Oh and everytime they make changes to the grid and islands they have to wipe if its about islands people built on.

I'd be surprised if they made a statement on the subject, because we all know what a lot of the community are like. They make a statement today saying they don't intend to purposely wipe servers during EA but will do so if it becomes necessary. Then in August it becomes necessary like it was in February, then people scream that they lied. It's the same thing over and over again that we've seen many times before based on people's opinions of what was previously said by Devs and what happens later on.

So again, any kind of statement will do little so there's no point in making one because it will only cause more issues later on.

There is a big difference between wipes that are needed (corrupt data, bugs etc) or just bad, unorganized development of a rushed game. If they would wipe every 2-3 months when they finally caught up with the island models and get ridd of the copy n paste part we have now, that would be a different story. And so far i expect them to do that.

Imo, wiping the world itself when necessary is fine - but wiping character data - Levels, Discovery Points, etc. is a huge nonono - kills the game

• Like 1

And im not sure why these commments about wipe and "dead game" is coming from. And why you would stick around a games forum just to take a dump on it. People really dont have much to do, it would seem. I still enjoy this game, and i will keep enjoying it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Same I dont get peoples that hate the game and just come here to shit on it .... we got it ... it's a * copy of ark * ok who care ... I haven't liked ark and love atlas so what ever ... I enjoy the game ... but its a beta ... no game is perfect and they working  on it adding stuff to it ... that game deserves lots more good comments .... 

• Like 2

Hi

I haven't understood , how we set a maker into a company ?

I added a key for 'Place map maker' in the keyboard settings.
I tried to have something on the small map (with the 'M') and the full screen map. 

But nothing happen.

Edit: I finaly found it, we must press N when we have the minimap.

Edited by Immemor