Sign in to follow this  
Thrandu

Waterbuilding - Block range? That Big?

Hy everyone,

i build since the restart on this spot and like to build more further, but it looks like since the last updates with the range increase from water buildings im stuck and block.
Can anyone confirm this range for water building?

In the First screenshot you see:
The Orange Circle show the size what i checked a bit where i cant build in water anymore, when i place a pillar on the beach it works, when the pillar hits the water = enemy gate or foundation near, wtf? ~40% of my harbor is now blocked, i cant build and i have no idea why.

The Green Arrows show some placere where was buoys from my neighboors, we remove them for a test, maybe buoys are blocking? no it wasnt, so for now no one can place buoys there again and can warn other people for rocks. both of us get the message Enemy foundation/gate near.

The Red Arrows show some buoys from my neighboors and the Big arrow on the left shows the end of a harbor from my neighboors, there are foundations in the water, is the block range?

5RoyEEi.jpg

On the second Screenshot you see more of my Harbor, the green Arrows show some places where i try to build buoys and it works, when i hit the Orange circle, i cant because of enemy foundations.
The Blue arrow shows a spot where i can build a pillar, did the pillar hit the water and the red place its red and again the message block bei enemy foundation.
Is this rly a thing because of the Water Foundations from my neighboors? for PvE? Both of us are stuck now with a big harbor.

j97iPBk.jpg

This Range is insane 😕  and useless for pve, we are friendly neighboors and block us now, come on :(.

Sry for my english, but im a bid "pissed" now because more on the right from my harbor is a big Rock, so i cant build more to the other side, im stuck now.

I do another test, it is the Range from Waterbuildings, rly?

Red = Random Neighbor Pillar with ceiling
Green = The first place i can build a Buoy
Orange = the block range from the neighboor pillar/Ceiling?
Black = When i build a pillar on this spot where the buoy is, both of us are blocked to build, this is for PvE way to far i think?
Reduce 50%? that is enough 😕

xf4Sm5c.jpg

Edited by Thrandu

The range really is ridiculous. I would love to build a docking area for our ships, but due to this change I can't build in my bay anymore.

YU6XQn3.jpg

There really isn't any reason I shouldn't be able to build a dock, but I get the "too close to enemy foundation" message whenever I try to put a new structure down. I'm certain there are no enemy structure parts closer than the one shown.

It does seem that the shallow water on the edge can be built on if you're placing a foundation snapping on to an existing foundation, but it only seems to work so far out.

We have the same Problem 😞 It's really annoying. 200 Meters from the left next Enemy Foundation, 150 Meters from the right. Can't place shipyard.

This really needs to be fixed for PVE.

No.... they need to make structures on land have the same no build radius as water structures....

that would put an end to the ugly thatch foundation spam in lawless....

Drop 3 stone pillars and you can then build your base without worry that a random griefer can build a taming pen 4 strides from your front door.....

• Like 1

Then why not 2 Options for Lawless and Settlemens islands? It is Land Owners choice what they want.

On Island the same range? Have fun when you have a pillar spammer, he needs then 80% less pillars for block a whole island.

This needs to be investigate, so many docks cant build further because of this range, i cant build a shipyard too because it is blocked now, when i move my ships for shipyard, then i cant anchor them, this is stupid as f...  i m with the designer but the block range it is too much.

3 hours ago, Salty Jack said:

No.... they need to make structures on land have the same no build radius as water structures....

that would put an end to the ugly thatch foundation spam in lawless....

Drop 3 stone pillars and you can then build your base without worry that a random griefer can build a taming pen 4 strides from your front door.....

Or he drops 3 pillars and now you can't build in front of your door.

Because of that "heavy block range" im stuck, you can see here:

dbQOIMS.jpg

Red is blocked because of the foundation you can see in the first screenshots. Green i still can build in water.
Orange shows the spot where i can anchor, more way up i cant because its too deep. And on the right you can see the beginning of a big rock, i cant build around them because no anchor and very deep. So im Stuck at this small position, ONLY because of this damned update. So come on 😕 otherwise i have to leave this place and the island i have been since release and after wipe with the same guys as owner.

I still cant move any shipyard more left that i have more space for new ships to anchor, no i cant because it is blocked by enemy gate or foundation -.-

WE ARE ON PVE, not on PvP or something else, we like to build "nice" and in cooperate with nice neighboors, this is so stupid.
Its not Lawless, give the Island Owner the Options to set the Block range from min to max or something like that.

Edited by Thrandu

Personally..... I’m still in the 3 flags per player camp..... anything built outside your flags has a 12 hr decay timer..... poof, no refresh.... (for 1 time taming pens).....

• Like 1

I forgot to point out in my previous post that in the screenshot that nearest enemy structure has a castle built on that rock. I have my view distance set to max and those structures aren't rendered in. So the block distance seems roughly equal to render distance.

Again, it's way too large of an area.

• Like 1

I hope Jat and Dollie see this.  We have had issues with this also in our outpost build we are currently doing.  As far as we can see in the "to close to enemy foundation" circles there are no structures.  We did see a few times a wave would pull back and all of a sudden we could place the pillars or foundations.  Then when the waves came back in we couldn't place anymore.   

WORK AROUND:  (WARNING HAS A BIG FLAW)

Our work around was ceilings tiles to extend out (didnt cause enemy foundation issue) drop a pillar under it, pick up the tile, and then you could place a foundation on the pillars.   Once we had pillars in the water it seemed to go away if we built off them first.  If they wouldn't place we had to again use a ceiling tile and chain the pillars off them. 

BIG FLAW:

If you place something wrong and either pick it up or destroy it it will cause a cascade destruction of the TOP LEVEL tiles around it sometimes.  Example being if I had pillars up from the ocean floor and on the top of them was placing foundations (doable if you start by building off the foundations on land) or a ceiling on top of them, but place one on top of another on accident, or have it face the wrong way.  When you pick it up all the ceiling tiles or foundations around it can randomly break.  Sometimes 3 out sometimes 5.  

We tried to just deal with it cause it was x3 weekend but we kept loosing to much progress over the game putting a tile in a location you didnt have selected. Based off what we saw either the mesh or the water is being considered an enemy foundation.  We submitted a ticket.  Hopefully it gets figured out.

My nice neighboor remove some foundations from water, now i get a bit more space.
The Circle shows the area around i can build, in the circle i cant build, compare with the older screenshots, i get a bit more space, so i can confirm it was the foundations from the first screenshots and from my neighboor. IT IS INSANE.  @Jatheish @Dollie i hope something will do, maybe only for pve when you have some points why we need this high range for pvp.

AqiZiD0.jpg